Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Reality Check Needed

Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:44 am

Okay, I have never posted on here before, but some of the rubbish I've read on here tonight has inspired me to (lol okay that's maybe not the friendliest first post-! but i just think some of you guys are WAY over the top :P )

A few points:

1. It was a pre season FRIENDLY. The result, ultimately, means nothing.

2. Celtic have been back training for two weeks longer than we have- that maybe doesn't sound a lot for pro footballers, but at this stage of the season it is MASSIVE!

3. Celtic are - like it or not - a massive club, with INTERNATIONAL players. They might play in a mickey mouse league and would maybe be mid table in the EPL at best, but their players are still, mostly, internationals and are generally of a higher standard than those found in the championship (hence why commons, hooper, ledley etc headed up there).

4. MM is a couple of games into his career at Cardiff. He's still getting to know his squad. You could argue he would learn more tonight than if we had played some conference side and hammered them 10-0.

Basically we lose a meaningless pre season friendly 1-0, to a team who are better than anyone else we will play in the championship this season - and who are also much fitter than us at the moment - and people want to chuck in the towel already? It's pathetic.

Give MM a chance!

Rant over! :D

Re: Reality Check Needed

Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:50 am

kylebb88 wrote:Okay, I have never posted on here before, but some of the rubbish I've read on here tonight has inspired me to (lol okay that's maybe not the friendliest first post-! but i just think some of you guys are WAY over the top :P )

A few points:

2. Celtic have been back training for two weeks longer than we have- that maybe doesn't sound a lot for pro footballers, but at this stage of the season it is MASSIVE!

3. Celtic are - like it or not - a massive club, with INTERNATIONAL players. They might play in a mickey mouse league and would maybe be mid table in the EPL at best, but their players are still, mostly, internationals and are generally of a higher standard than those found in the championship (hence why commons, hooper, ledley etc headed up there).

4. MM is a couple of games into his career at Cardiff. He's still getting to know his squad. You could argue he would learn more tonight than if we had played some conference side and hammered them 10-0.

Basically we lose a meaningless pre season friendly 1-0, to a team who are better than anyone else we will play in the championship this season - and who are also much fitter than us at the moment - and people want to chuck in the towel already? It's pathetic.

Give MM a chance!

Welcome :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Best thing ive heard all day even its 50 minutes old ;)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:51 am

kylebb88 wrote:Okay, I have never posted on here before, but some of the rubbish I've read on here tonight has inspired me to (lol okay that's maybe not the friendliest first post-! but i just think some of you guys are WAY over the top :P )

A few points:

Give MM a chance!

You're perfectly correct. People expect too much and it's no need, especially this early into the season

Great first post by the way :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:00 am

glammy74 wrote:

A few points:

Give MM a chance!

You're perfectly correct. People expect too much and it's no need, especially this early into the season

Great first post by the way :ayatollah:

What a sensible thought out post .I agree 100%.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:14 am

I'm really looking forward to this season because my only expectation is that we finish in the top half. 12th or above and I'll be happy. Why can't people just relax? The Premiership isn't going anywhere. :D

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:38 am

A few points:

Give MM a chance!

Good rant, all spot on

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:39 am

Zabier wrote:I'm really looking forward to this season because my only expectation is that we finish in the top half. 12th or above and I'll be happy. Why can't people just relax? The Premiership isn't going anywhere. :D

The voice of reason and sense :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:21 pm

This year in ten or so games I think we will have a team that is a threat to the top 6. If not we will still be in a position that is better than last season.We wont have a team where 60% couldn't care less about a result (thats how it appeared) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: WE WONT HAVE PRIMA DONNA'S : WE WONT HAVE ANY PISSHEADS : WE HAVE A MANAGER THAT RESPECTS THE FANS : Im happy with the way things are going thanks.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:18 pm

A few points:

Give MM a chance!

Sadly, we have a new vein of support who know f**k all about football
its that simple really mate