Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Don Cowie

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:27 pm

i thought he looked lost on the wing and always seemed to come in field all the time :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Don Cowie

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:28 pm

3rd highest number of assists in the league last year, he'll come good i reckon, give him a chance :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:28 pm

He was clearly there to do a containing job on Izzeguere which to be fair he did apart from the goal

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:29 pm

Bluebird99 wrote:He was clearly there to do a containing job on Izzeguere which to be fair he did apart from the goal

agreed

Burke was fantastic at tracking back from the wing last year, lets hope Cowie has the same commitment

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:30 pm

where was conway tonight? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:33 pm

SamCCFC1927 wrote:where was conway tonight? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i wish i knew

must have had a slight injury i assume ?

not sure where Darcy Blake was either

i know Earnie and McPhail were injured

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:34 pm

and quinn? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:35 pm

SamCCFC1927 wrote:and quinn? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

trueeeeeeeee

i wonder if he's actually gonna retain his starting place for this season or if Kev's gonna go back to RB with Taylor at LB

would be harsh on him because he couldnt have done much more last year, but i think i would go with Super Kev and Taylor

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:40 pm

quinn walked passed me at half time with earnie and mcphail ..so im guessing hes injured as well

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:10 am

Earnie Blake mcphail Quinn and Conway were all sat in the premier seats, my mrs was harassing them to sign autographs

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:28 am

Cowie is more of a CM rather than a wide player (I know he can play wide but his natural position is a CM) - I think he was only playing wide last night because Conway was injured.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:31 am

Dafydd wrote:Cowie is more of a CM rather than a wide player (I know he can play wide but his natural position is a CM) - I think he was only playing wide last night because Conway was injured.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking Dafydd. We had a few injuries to a thread bare squad. I'm not looking at last night as any indicator of how we're doing.