Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Whitts , Kiss & Miller ... Goodwillie

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:22 pm

Firstly Peter Whittingham was outstanding tonight in the centre of midfield , all be it only a friendly. I think having seen the way we lined up tonight he is going to be the key behind our creative spark in midfield, with Gunnarsson complimenting him well putting a foot in. I know many think whitts is a left sided player , and who could argue after his remarkable season the year before last, but even when he was messed around last year with him playing in the centre, left or right he still delivered the goods. MM knows what he wants from whitts down the middle and I for one think it will help him alot more playing in the same position week in week out.

As for Kiss , with not many knowing much about him as it was out of the blue. From various reports I've notcied he was an Integral part of SK Slovan Bratislava's team playing 29 games and scoring 6 goals. He is 6 foot and likes to get on the ball.He was so integral to their team that they didnt want to sell him but had to compromise on a loan deal due to the fact it's his dream to play in the Englis Leagues. This could be a massive find by MM !!!!

Finally Kenny Miller ... What a bargain this could turn out to be. Proven goalscorer , experienced , and one hell of an enginge. A fans player, gives 120% to the cause what more can we ask for at such a bargain???

.... who knows it could even be Goodwillie in a city shirt by Friday aswell :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Whitts , Kiss & Miller ... Goodwillie

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:25 pm

Jonnylew wrote:Firstly Peter Whittingham was outstanding tonight in the centre of midfield , all be it only a friendly. I think having seen the way we lined up tonight he is going to be the key behind our creative spark in midfield, with Gunnarsson complimenting him well putting a foot in. I know many think whitts is a left sided player , and who could argue after his remarkable season the year before last, but even when he was messed around last year with him playing in the centre, left or right he still delivered the goods. MM knows what he wants from whitts down the middle and I for one think it will help him alot more playing in the same position week in week out.

As for Kiss , with not many knowing much about him as it was out of the blue. From various reports I've notcied he was an Integral part of SK Slovan Bratislava's team playing 29 games and scoring 6 goals. He is 6 foot and likes to get on the ball.He was so integral to their team that they didnt want to sell him but had to compromise on a loan deal due to the fact it's his dream to play in the Englis Leagues. This could be a massive find by MM !!!!

Finally Kenny Miller ... What a bargain this could turn out to be. Proven goalscorer , experienced , and one hell of an enginge. A fans player, gives 120% to the cause what more can we ask for at such a bargain???

.... who knows it could even be Goodwillie in a city shirt by Friday aswell :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

great post mate, agree with every word :ayatollah:

i REALLY hope we sign Goodwillie if his court case goes well tomorrow, he looks a fantastic player :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:30 pm

I wouldn't say £800k is that much of a bargain but I know what you are getting at. I know nothing about kiss but you are spot on, Whitts was excellent tonight

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:32 pm

Yes definately agree with you there mate ...I hope to see Goodwillie in a city shirt, if we did get him and miller its good to see a different blend to our attacking options. Miller, Goodwillie , Earnie and A N Other (Hopefully Bellamy) would be a formidable strikeforce and they can all add something different

I dunt think you'll find many other PROVEN strikers out there for that price that have done more than miller

Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:51 am

spot on fella :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:54 am

Def heading in the right direction...new faces are needed and MM appears to be delivering them :ayatollah: