Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

STOP ME IF IM WRONG. AM I BEING TO HARSH OR....

Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:52 pm

Firstly it was clear to everyone bellamy gained us alot of crucial points last season with not just goals but also his game contribution...

look at it like this - last season we would off struggled without bothroyd and bellamy...
this year we have neither and the side is weaker...

this term, even if we sign goodwillie and these other fantastic 5 signings whoever they turn out to be...
the side is in shi't street compared from this time last year... ,
*Ross Macormack* - It was a small cost for a big loss both in financial and football terms, had mackromack of stayed we would of no doubt picked up an extra few points from his contribution and would of been playing premier league football ''With Swansea'' was suppose to be the year both sides made history but we done what we always have done... fuc'ked it up
Jay bothroyd and chopra wont be replaced regardless what anyone thinks,
earnshaw has not got the all round game or consistancy or condition this late in his career to perform to the level that is needed week in week out.

even with 6 more signings its looking bleak, chopra is not worth 1 million I hope he finishes as top scorer which he is still capable of. on the other hand I dont know how bad is gambling is if its got a hold of him he wont change.

We need craig here and thats the bottom line!!!

lwho can realisticly expect us to get promoted this year? at best malky might bring in two decent strikers, . still not enough,
we should be greatful if we stay up.

anyone agree / disagree?

Re: STOP ME IF IM WRONG. AM I BEING TO HARSH OR....

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:07 pm

Good post ccfc cotta :ayatollah: Could not agree with you more with the points you have made in your post :ayatollah:

"LET ME THE 1st TO SAY ON THIS FORUM - WE HAVE LOST OVER 40 GOALS FROM LAST SEASON"

Take the goals from Jay - Chops - Bellers - Burkey - The loan players from midfield = All add up to 40 goals +.

We need more than Earine and Miller to stand any chance of getting to the above figure :ayatollah:

Goodwillie and Bellers are a must to get our team to another level ( imo ) :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:42 pm

My oh my negative and the season hasn't kicked off.
YEs the league is tougher than last year yes we have lost 40 goals ie bothroyd and chopra, who might i add didn;t score in last like 15 games, so a loss NO WAY, chopra, once a legend now a complete disgrace and doesn;t deserve to be wearing any jersey let alone the city one! Bothroyd, great start to season, engalnd cap and went to pot, no desire no passion showed why no club has ever offered him a new contract!!! glad we didn;t want him either NO LOSS with either of them big time charlies who do not deserve to be at our club i'd rather finish 19th and just stay up than pay either of those two this season!! good riddance.

right that rant is over and for a more positive outlook to your negative thread

Yes we need another striker, but we have earnie, still one of the best strikers available at this level and as long as he stays injury free will easily score 20 goals and is FREE

Miller- i am sceptical however he is a hard working forward who chips in goals

Magennis- young and i'm sure will have a decent part to play and will challenge for place

Parkin- handful and if the weight loss hes supposed to have has actually happened could prove a new signing this year depends on malky formation and tactics

Lets not forget not just forwards score goals

Midfield

i think the midfield cost us last season others will disagree but its simple for anyone with any football background to see.

Bellamy- Class act no doubt often carried the team, however a winger with no real getting back and tackling would love to see him back

Burke- poor season loooked a shadow of the year before and in my opinion had started to lose pace and for me won;t be missed this year based on last years performances , and like bothroyd and chops can go stick his 25K wage demands up his arse

Mcphail- i have wqatched mchphail week in week out for 5 years plus, what does anyone see in this guy??? he cannot tackle, gives away silly fouls, doesn;t get forward enough and other central mids from other teams walk through him like he isn;t there. AND please do not say he is a playmaker, he probably made 4 good through balls last year that i can remember every other pass was sideways or backwards, he doesn;t drive the team on at all like a playmaker should, very few assists and too old to compete at this level
His replacement DON COWIE- not gettin any younger at 28 but an absolute different class 3rd highest assists last season and for me will add goals creativity bottle and a complete new dimension to our attacking play, someone with vision and ideas and a quality player

Whitts- no doubt he has talent but another player who is scared of tackles, gives away fouls and had a very poor season in my opinion, could he do a job in maybe a attacking midfield role roaming which i think he plays best in then defo yes, but with gunnarson, kiss and others mentioned i feel his contribution could be less this year, however if bellers comes back then he wont play as much if not could be back in left midfield

Loanness gone and now in my opinion if we can bring back bellers our midfield is 10 times stronger than l;ast year and i don't c how anyone can disagree tbh

Defence

with taylor added for left back and all our other players back to fitness i think with more work on set plays and positioning our back 5 will have no problems this year, apart from odd games against brum/west ham etc

we have plenty of competition ie quinn, super kev/hudson/gyepes/gerrard/taylor/blake

i think most championship teams would jump at that 7 players

with a stronger midfield which we now have we shouldn;t get cut through like butter every game which will make defence job easier, hard working teams break down other teams easier, lets just hope malky works on defence as watford leaked a lot of goals last year but hes got better players now

i for one cannot see the big issue here, yes we have a tougher job but relegation please there are far worse teams than ours in this league on current squad basis. i expect a playoff push at least home matches will be viatl this season, cost us last year

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:52 pm

[quote="smakerzthebluebird"]My oh my negative and the season hasn't kicked off.
YEs the league is tougher than last year yes we have lost 40 goals ie bothroyd and chopra, who might i add didn;t score in last like 15 games, so a loss NO WAY, chopra, once a legend now a complete disgrace and doesn;t deserve to be wearing any jersey let alone the city one! Bothroyd, great start to season, engalnd cap and went to pot, no desire no passion showed why no club has ever offered him a new contract!!! glad we didn;t want him either NO LOSS with either of them big time charlies who do not deserve to be at our club i'd rather finish 19th and just stay up than pay either of those two this season!! good riddance.

right that rant is over and for a more positive outlook to your negative thread

Yes we need another striker, but we have earnie, still one of the best strikers available at this level and as long as he stays injury free will easily score 20 goals and is FREE

Miller- i am sceptical however he is a hard working forward who chips in goals

Magennis- young and i'm sure will have a decent part to play and will challenge for place

Magennis - i agree is young,but what decent part will he play at Cardiff - when he is at Aberdeen :?:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:15 am

Stopped reading when I saw this

last season we would off struggled without bothroyd and bellamy

ffs

Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:02 am

ccfc_cotta wrote:Firstly it was clear to everyone bellamy gained us alot of crucial points last season with not just goals but also his game contribution...

look at it like this - last season we would off struggled without bothroyd and bellamy...
this year we have neither and the side is weaker...

this term, even if we sign goodwillie and these other fantastic 5 signings whoever they turn out to be...
the side is in shi't street compared from this time last year... ,
*Ross Macormack* - It was a small cost for a big loss both in financial and football terms, had mackromack of stayed we would of no doubt picked up an extra few points from his contribution and would of been playing premier league football ''With Swansea'' was suppose to be the year both sides made history but we done what we always have done... fuc'ked it up
Jay bothroyd and chopra wont be replaced regardless what anyone thinks,
earnshaw has not got the all round game or consistancy or condition this late in his career to perform to the level that is needed week in week out.

even with 6 more signings its looking bleak, chopra is not worth 1 million I hope he finishes as top scorer which he is still capable of. on the other hand I dont know how bad is gambling is if its got a hold of him he wont change.

We need craig here and thats the bottom line!!!

lwho can realisticly expect us to get promoted this year? at best malky might bring in two decent strikers, . still not enough,
we should be greatful if we stay up.

anyone agree / disagree?

I'm stopping you, your wrong, your being harsh.

Claptrap mate!!

Our defence is stronger

Our midfield is twice as strong

And Malky hasnt even started signing forwards yet

Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:22 am

Went to watch my local team beat the jacks last week and I have to say, if we are serious about our football,
Parkin and Naylor would struggle to get into the Neath team. They need to be offloaded asap if we are to bring in extra
quality championship level players.
I still believe, even after watching that last night, that Malkey will take us to the promised land. :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:53 am

Neath Bluebird wrote:Went to watch my local team beat the jacks last week and I have to say, if we are serious about our football,
Parkin and Naylor would struggle to get into the Neath team. They need to be offloaded asap if we are to bring in extra
quality championship level players.
I still believe, even after watching that last night, that Malkey will take us to the promised land. :ayatollah:

On that note, I find it crazy the amount of doom and gloom with you lot on here. I was at the Neath v Swans game and I have to say that I was impressed with the way Neath played, but I am not writing off the Swans on the back of a friendly result.

The fact is, you have a new manager who is adjusting to the personel around him, at the same time as they adjust to his methods and that is the whole point in a pre-season. By the sounds of it, the performance against Celtic wasn't up to much, but I guarantee that this morning, Mackay has a far better idea of what the team needs to work on and where he needs to strengthen.

Last pre-season, the Swans were beaten by Hereford 2-0, in the great scheme of things did that result matter?

Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:57 am

We compensate for their loss by bringing other players in. I wish some people could see that

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:29 am

whatever we have lost in terms of quality players we have gained 5 times over by showing DJ the door....

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:30 am

Well said scotsjack!! Can't agree more with u there are people on
This messageboard that just baffle me quite frankly,we have
Played a team who start their season Saturday so are 2-3 weeks
In front of us regarding fitness etc. We were 1-0 nil down and
Some people are posting that we will finish bottom half of
The table and that's based on 75mins of pre-season football :?

IN MALKY WE TRUST!!!!

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:41 am

i though magennis has signed a perm deal with aberdeen

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:19 am

tbh i think we wouldve made it to he play offs with out bellamy, dont get me wrong hes a brill player and id have him back but he hardly set the championship alight last season.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:22 am

Last season our defence cost us a lot of points early on by not being settled. We have a settled defence from the start. Gunnarsson will add much more solidarity in midfield than Olofinjana ever did. Cowie and Conway bring something to the table that Burke and Drinkwater never did in the form of consistency.

We might have lost Bothroyd, Chopra and Bellamy but the squad as a whole is much more solid this season. We are 1-2 quality players away from being a playoff contending team.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:24 am

Zabier wrote:Last season our defence cost us a lot of points early on by not being settled. We have a settled defence from the start. Gunnarsson will add much more solidarity in midfield than Olofinjana ever did. Cowie and Conway bring something to the table that Burke and Drinkwater never did in the form of consistency.

We might have lost Bothroyd, Chopra and Bellamy but the squad as a whole is much more solid this season. We are 1-2 quality players away from being a playoff contending team.

:ayatollah: