Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Taiwo or the Beast not a Shakespeare play

Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:40 pm

But A f*cking tradegy

Went to the game today full of the joys of spring / summer with the usual acompliment of my father and brother. If Whitts is our stand out player (and he was) we are in trouble.

I know its early people need to bed in etc but i didnt see any sparkle no magic.

Am i asking to much at this stage ?

Re: Taiwo or the Beast not a Shakespeare play

Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:02 am

even in a friendly you can see who is a decent player and who isnt..

even if not match sharpe etc..

parkin could not even do the basics..

there were some encouraging signs from some players, gunnarsson , taylor, cowie , and you can see these are decent players.. good work rate wanting the ball and could distribute it well.

big john is clearly out of his depth and i cannot see how he is a footballer... a big northern lad built like he should be playing rugby league...

he is embarrassing to watch at times and other teams will be laughing their bollocks off... when he was put through with a 1 on 1 and he had loads of time he still missed it..

in the warm up before the game up in the corner he didnt get a shot on target ....

Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:42 am

Javelin73 wrote:But A f*cking tradegy

Went to the game today full of the joys of spring / summer with the usual acompliment of my father and brother. If Whitts is our stand out player (and he was) we are in trouble.

I know its early people need to bed in etc but i didnt see any sparkle no magic.

Am i asking to much at this stage ?

agree with everything except the whitts dig... whoever we sign whitts will be the stand out player and im more than happy with that.

im sure if we get in a few more players, taiwo and parkin may not be here by january !!

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:02 am

Yeah, it's a bit harsh on Taiwo as well. He was cast aside for 12 months so it's going to obviously put him behind the pace. I liked Taiwo but agree we need better. Parkin still looks off it as far as I am concerned but he gives 100%. Just not sure he is for us. Whittingham oozes class though and has added to his game over the last 6 months so he could potentially be our best player no matter who comes in.