Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gerrard, Whittingham, Gunnarrson, Mason.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:47 pm

Gerrard looked quality tonight as did Whittingham , Gunnarrson and Mason :ayatollah:

Gerrard won everything at the back, Everything we did went through Whittingham (Granted it wasn't a lot, but with Parkin up front we were limited to what we could do.... ) Gunnarrson challenged every ball in the middle of the park, loads of guts and isn't afraid to put his head in where it hurts! And Mason didn't stop running , had a good shot on him and showed some great skill

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Gerrard, Whittingham, Gunnarrson, Mason.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:56 pm

Unfortunately it was Gerrard's fault for the goal. He misjudged the flight of the ball and got too far under it, leaving Stokes unmarked behind him to score. Although you could also blame McNaughton for not stopping the cross. I think Whittingham and Gunnarsson is a good partnership in the middle although I think we are lacking wingers, strikers and another good centre back with a bit of pace.

Hopefully we can sign Miller, Goodwillie and Bellamy, plus get in another good centre back and we should be alright. Although I am worried that Naylor seems to be figuring so much, if Malky is thinking of playing Taylor on the left wing then we need another left back!

Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:58 pm

I honestly dont think Gerrard was very good tonight, Hudson was far better. Gerrard looked slow and his passing was very poor.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:59 pm

ps when did Mason show any skill and what shot on target did he have? He had one that almost hit the corner flag and that was it?

Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:59 pm

No doubting Whitts technical and creative ability, literally was out standing from the rest of the city boys tonight imo.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:01 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:ps when did Mason show any skill and what shot on target did he have? He had one that almost hit the corner flag and that was it?

he did have a good shot on goal that their keeper parried in the first half...

but that was it..