Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Aron Gunnarsson

Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:30 pm

We struggled tonight but for me, there was one positive out there, Aron Gunnarsson. He reminds me of Rambo the way he plays the game, always makes himself available and demands the ball, full of energy and he uses the ball very, very well. He always kept possession finding a City player and he looked a class act I thought. I'm really encouraged with his performance tonight and i'm sure there's a lot more to come.

Re: Aron Gunnarsson

Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:34 pm

i thought him and Whitts were quality today both very hard hitting defiently those two in the centre impressed me wasn't too sure about Cowie and Taylor on the wings though i personally thought they both looked uncomfortable and the work ethic by all players today was excellent Malky's doing a fantastic job so far keep it up !!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:36 pm

i like gunnarsson, he is everything out midfield lacked last season :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:37 pm

I thought he and Whitts were a brilliant combo, with Gunnar providing the anchor and Whitts given the freedom to float.

Originally thought Cowie would be the best partner for him in the middle, but as Whitts can float out wide as well, it's more like Cowie is playing RM, and Whitts CAM/Winger.

Looking good anyway!

Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:46 pm

Yup Whitts and Gunnarson looked good together. However we definitely need to sort our wingers and forwards out as i thought they were all well below bar. Cowie and Taylor were non existant, Mason was very poor and Parkin is one of the worst players i have seen wear a city shirt!

Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:54 pm

id like to see gunnarsson in that holding role with cowie and whitts in cm ahead of him
two wide wingers and one striker :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:13 pm

I think "Gunnar" is gonna become a real fans favourite. He works his socks off and played tonight like he had been brought up a Cardiff boy! Just a shame we didn't get to see his mahoosive throw