Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PARKIN AND TAIWO TOTALLY OUT OF THEIR DEPTH

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:31 pm

I KNOW ITS EARLY AND ONLY OUR SECOND PRE-SEASON PLUS CELTIC HAVE HAD A HATFUL OF GAMES AS THEIR SEASON STARTS NEXT WEEK, BUT WE NOT ONLY LOOKED RUSTY BUT THE TWO MENTIONED ABOVE SEEMED TO BE OUT OF IT. I LIKED MASON THO!!!!

Re: PARKIN AND TAIWO TOTALLY OUT OF THEIR DEPTH

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:34 pm

Parkin was terrible. Gypes looked dodgy, didnt think Taiwo was that bad

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:36 pm

TAIWO??? have you been watching a diffrent game? he's been one of the best out of a bad bunch

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:37 pm

FFS its a pre season game!!! parkin its awful need a replacement like miller maybe ;)

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:43 pm

parkin too slow and too slugish for the season ahead impact player off the bench thats all hes gonna be (i hope) lol

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:48 pm

I can't believe that the players have barely had 180 minutes of football in 2 months, yet people are slagging them off. Some of our "fans" don't deserve a football team. :roll:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:50 pm

PhatFrog wrote:I can't believe that the players have barely had 180 minutes of football in 2 months, yet people are slagging them off. Some of our "fans" don't deserve a football team. :roll:

12 months you mean? :lol: Jones was here remember!

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:51 pm

PhatFrog wrote:I can't believe that the players have barely had 180 minutes of football in 2 months, yet people are slagging them off. Some of our "fans" don't deserve a football team. :roll:

Well said Hannah, They will be saying bring back jones next :roll: :evil:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:51 pm

Merlin wrote:

12 months you mean? :lol: Jones was here remember!

Ha true :lol:

How much did Taiwo play for us in the 2 years he's been here? Apparantly Taiwo did well in Spain.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:00 pm

Knee jerk reaction lads come on support.

Pre season thats all, all about match fitness.

I know what I'm talking about, I managed City to the Premier league title for 3 seasons on my PS3 by getting a solid pre season in :old:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:06 pm

christ carm down if this what people reactions are gonna be AFTER A FRIENDLY.

god help after a league game

Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:53 pm

i was happy with the game overall a good pre season friendly aint criticising nobody but im just saying if we are looking for promotion parkin aint gonna fire us goals or be sharp enough for the season based on last season and this game imo..but never mind bellamy miller and goodwillie on theyre way they plus earnie, mason looked pretty sharp hes a good prospect :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:02 pm

just on tonights game Parkin had a nightmare, Taiwo was poor and Mason was non existant. Lots of time to improve but i though all 3 didnt have their best games by any stretch tonight

Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:05 pm

hes totally right with what he said though...

parkin was awful when he came on last season.

he was even worse tonight... friendly or not, when we get into the league its going to be a tougher challenge than tonight ...

on the plus side though you could see what plans mm has for whitts, every play went through him and i thought he looked really good...

Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:12 pm

Haven't read all the posts but totally agree with the original. Taiwo just chased shadows when he came on and as for Parkin, well....if he's Championship standard then the Championship is poor!

Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:33 pm

Totally disgusted to see a player of Parkin's size and lack of fitness on the pitch - looked like a fan had one a competition to play for his favourite team. Disgraceful. Why is he so fat? Where's the pride, where's the professionalism, where's the management, where's the dietician, where's the fitness coach. Jesus it makes me so mad.

Heard Keinan was spotted going for a take-away

This is serious sport - to play in the EPL players need to be sacrificing everything in life - or else they will not make it. Need to take a leaf out of athletes and top boxers' books. Unfortunaltey too many act like they are still fans - i.e. want a pint and a pie and a fag - can't be done

Thought City passed the ball well in first 10 mins, but then went off boil - got to stop this long ball nonsense. Cowie tried to make himself available most of the time, but the rest didn't - you must always have a player withn 10 yards of you every time to pass to. Its not rocket science - just takes fitness, effort and thought - unfortunatley most footballers are thick as s***, so it is difficult.

Here end my rant

Apart from that - makings of a decent side - need a few tweaks - Earnie possibly would have scored the chance that Parkin screwed.

the more we care the more it hurts

and breathe........................

Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:43 am

eddiep wrote:I KNOW ITS EARLY AND ONLY OUR SECOND PRE-SEASON PLUS CELTIC HAVE HAD A HATFUL OF GAMES AS THEIR SEASON STARTS NEXT WEEK, BUT WE NOT ONLY LOOKED RUSTY BUT THE TWO MENTIONED ABOVE SEEMED TO BE OUT OF IT. I LIKED MASON THO!!!!

Yes there are a few players which need to move on, Gypes, Parkin, Taiwo to name a few.

Parkin really did look poor and based on the way Malky got Watford playing last year I can't see how Parkin would fit into his plans. What an outrageously bad buy by Jones he has been.

We need some guile and pace in midfield and the fact that with only 2 players out yesterday we had to play players out of position and bring on youngsters doesn't bode well.

The attack was poor. Mason may be one for the future but he's definitely not ready for first team action at Championship level. We need at least 2 players in attack. Miller would be good but also a bigger stronger guy but more mobile than Parkin.

It wasn't losing that was disappointing but the fact we didn't create a decent chance

Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:58 am

I dont want to be negative but I have to agree...I'd be surprised if either were included in Malky's plans this season :ayatollah: