Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHY ?

Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:04 pm

Now I know this will piss some people off..... But....
They just said on SSN, Ledley was given a standing ovation. Why? He cost us millions. He could of just signed a contract on the provisso (?) he left.
Piss's me off City fans still stand by him.

Re: WHY ?

Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:07 pm

wooooow watch out mate, if you dont like ledley your a wanker, c**t etc, gotta agree with everyone else

Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:13 pm

Ben wrote:wooooow watch out mate, if you dont like ledley your a wanker, c**t etc, gotta agree with everyone else

Some will even say you're not a fan. :shock:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:15 pm

Ben wrote:wooooow watch out mate, if you dont like ledley your a wanker, c**t etc, gotta agree with everyone else

Thanks for your kind words. I wait for Nottage Blues opininion !!!!

At the end of the day it's my opinion.

Just because I don't post often don't slate me. It's a forum :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:17 pm

Utter nonsense ben - I've always been a supporter of Ledley as he has always given 100% to Cardiff. He honoured his Cardiff Contract and waited for a renewal on it which never came from Ridsdale no matter what spiel that man feeds you it's all bollocks. Ledley was never offered a reasonable contract renewal and Celtic treated him and his family like royalty when ge went up there..... From a £10k a week player to a £28k a week player! He didn't need to go to the prem like he said he wanted too, he had his wages and champions league football waiting for him (or so he thought)

Ledley gave this club an FA cup final and some other top memories. Agree or disagree that is my opinion.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:18 pm

burty wrote:

Wow there! :lol: think you misread! Ben was agreeing with you and putting out his opinionated warning! ;) as usual.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:19 pm

burty wrote:Now I know this will piss some people off..... But....
They just said on SSN, Ledley was given a standing ovation. Why? He cost us millions. He could of just signed a contract on the provisso (?) he left.

he was getting fucked about by risdale. :x ledley deserved a standing ovation tonight :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:26 pm

at the end of the day thats the story you've been told, wether its been said by annis or carl, there are two sides to every story, im not saying either is wrong

it does seem odd that he was allowed to walk away when he was a 5mil rated player LOL to me it sounded like ledley thought he was ronaldo, wouldn't expect the offer as he thought he was premiership bound, after no-one came in for him he made his way to celtic for more money adn to use the excuse "they are a big club playing champions league" because deep down he was gutted no-one in the prem come in for him, because if they did, i can garentee he'd go to any prem club over celtic

he's hardly set the scotish league alight as he? just a average joe

Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:32 pm

Ben wrote:he's hardly set the scotish league alight as he? just a average joe

:lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:33 pm

Merlin wrote:
burty wrote:

Wow there! :lol: think you misread! Ben was agreeing with you and putting out his opinionated warning! ;) as usual.

Oooops. OK. Think the Stella I've had after work & the bottles I;m swigging in the house may have somrthing to do with it . :lol: :ayatollah: Swig on

Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:39 pm

stella :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:46 pm

Ben wrote:stella :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The way forward :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:52 pm

The fact that he walked away for nothing shouldn't detract from what he did at the club on the pitch.

We've not done too badly out of the free transfer market in the last few years...

Bothroyd, Burke, Heaton Earnshaw, Cowie, Gunnarsson, Conway, Taylor, McNaughton(?), McPhail(?) have all joined us on frees. There's probably a load of other players that I'm missing.

We've only really lost Matthews, Bothroyd, Burke and Ledley on a free and they all cost us nothing to start with.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:19 pm

I don't doubt what Joe done for us on the feild.
What pissed me off was we we're offered, 5/6M off Stoke.
He maintained he wanted to play in the premoership, of which I don't think if, he'd have gone there nobody would hold a grudge (i wouldn't), but no he went to celtic preventing us any revenue. When, if you remember, we we're on the bones of our arse.
In my eyes he left us to rot

Yes, he may be playing for a bigger team, but IMO he aint bettered himself - exept financially.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:20 pm

whose this guy you call ledley?? :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:26 pm

burty wrote:I don't doubt what Joe done for us on the feild.
What pissed me off was we we're offered, 5/6M off Stoke.
He maintained he wanted to play in the premoership
, of which I don't think if, he'd have gone there nobody would hold a grudge (i wouldn't), but no he went to celtic preventing us any revenue. When, if you remember, we we're on the bones of our arse.
In my eyes he left us to rot

Yes, he may be playing for a bigger team, but IMO he aint bettered himself - exept financially.

Hmmmm. I never knew Ledley turned down Stoke when they offered £6/5m :roll:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:26 pm

jinks-rct wrote:

whose this guy you call ledley?? :ayatollah:

Here Here :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
I'm gonna get pissed.
Close the thread.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:41 pm

he was told at the wales trainning camp that he was not going anywhere when,if i remember,stoke wanted him.and that is a fact :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:08 pm

Ok fella, your more ITK than me, so I won't argue. But, you must understand why some fans (not ITK) feel the way we do. :ayatollah: