we are heading for the Premier league :ayatollah:

Re: The Championship can kiss our ass goodby next season

Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:51 pm

ihatealiens wrote:we are heading for the Premier league :ayatollah:

I honestly believe that too.

Quietly confident.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:54 pm

We be lucky to finish middle table with what we have as we are well short on players even more now than when mr small squad big wages was here but of course he always dusted the players down no matter what :lol: alot of dreaming going on eitherway i will be there:shock: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:59 pm

I think we will go into this season with a better squad than last year.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:05 pm

no chance, mid table

hope im wrong, but can't see it :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:07 pm

TheMortgageAdvisor wrote:I think we will go into this season with a better squad than last year.

we got no where near a better squad than last year 13players went back or sold even out of contract and we got what 6-7players in so far and i dont see one as good as the players who left towards the end of last season :(
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Basically a new team with a new manager.. This team needs to gel, so I fancy us finishing around mid table. Then next year I belive we will make a push for promotion. :ayatollah:
Last edited by Cardiff_Llandaff_Bluebird on Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

its a way tougher league then last year,id be delighted if we can sneak into the playoffs then who knows :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:09 pm

Cardiff_Llandaff_Bluebird wrote:Basically a new team with a new manager.. This team needs to gel, so I fancy us finishing around mid table. Then next year I belive we will make a push for promotion.

i agree thats the thing it will take 1-3years for him to build a squad and people need to realise this i dont even think he would want half the crap players who are there now that dj left under him on big wages but has no choice as there under contract so has to use them so he needs time :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:13 pm

Ask yourselves this, at the start of last season, where did most of you think the Swans would finish? (Honestly)

Then look what happened...

Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:19 pm

It is my beleif that we will sign Bellers and Goodwillie plus a couple of loans before the season starts. This is why I say the squad will be better. Out of the 13 that left, which ones would you have kept in the squad if you could?

Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:24 pm

Guys, i love the optimism, and hope youre right but i think we all need a massive reality check!!!! We have lost a shed load of players and so far have only replaced half of them. When you lose the likes of Bellamy, Bothroyd and Chopra they are very difficult to replace, and even Oli and Burke will be to some extent. I dont think the players we have brought in are any improvement on the ones we have lost and we are still well short on numbers! Added to this is an inexperienced manager.

Last year the league was also a lot easier. The teams who came down werent that great and on paper neither were the teams who had come up. This season the likes of Birmingham and West Ham will have strong squads at this level whilst Leicester are spending a lot of money, Reading came close last year and will want to go again, as will Leeds and Forrest. Brighton have also spent quite a bit of money, and they ran away with the league one last year, and i also expect teams such as Southampton, Boro, Burnley, Hull and Blackpool to be in the shake up!

This is going to be a very difficult season and talk of going up automatically is very very premature. As for swansea they had a settled team and style of play last summer, despite the change in management. We dont have a settled squad and we know that our style of play must change after what we saw at times last season!

Im happy with how things are going so far and think that if given time Malky could be good for us but i really am struggling to see how so many people really think we will be challenging.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:27 pm

just a play on words by me we got this filip kiss signing for us :lol:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:32 pm

Got to say , you never give up hope .only my opinion , on paper last year a better squad but this year maybe a better team

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:34 pm

Fusilier52 wrote:Got to say , you never give up hope .only my opinion , on paper last year a better squad but this year maybe a better team

woooow you havn't threatened anyone, swore or insulted anyone, you ok? had a warning hay jacko?

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:36 pm

Cardiff_Llandaff_Bluebird wrote:Basically a new team with a new manager.. This team needs to gel, so I fancy us finishing around mid table. Then next year I belive we will make a push for promotion. :ayatollah:

on what i have been watching where off to leauge 1

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:49 pm

Ben wrote:
Fusilier52 wrote:Got to say , you never give up hope .only my opinion , on paper last year a better squad but this year maybe a better team

woooow you havn't threatened anyone, swore or insulted anyone, you ok? had a warning hay jacko?

I can't recall threatening or swearing anyone (pretty pointless really ), warning from whom ?
hey not hay