Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mcphail & Whitts!

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:43 am

New to this board so I thought that I would start by putting a topic up that would cause a large debate.

After every game last year walking to wards the gates on my way back to canton the amount of people that I would hear a difference in opinion on Phaily and Whits! IMO I think that these are two of the most influential players in the championship. I feel that we should be basing the team around these players especially with the likes of Earnie back in the squad making the runs that Mcphail can pick out so well. What are your thoughts and also please don’t say Mcphail should go because that is just rubbish!! 

Re: Mcphail & Whitts!

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:45 am

Bobbanker89 wrote:New to this board so I thought that I would start by putting a topic up that would cause a large debate.

After every game last year walking to wards the gates on my way back to canton the amount of people that I would hear a difference in opinion on Phaily and Whits! IMO I think that these are two of the most influential players in the championship. I feel that we should be basing the team around these players especially with the likes of Earnie back in the squad making the runs that Mcphail can pick out so well. What are your thoughts and also please don’t say Mcphail should go because that is just rubbish!! 

Whitts is definitely one of the most influential players in the championship, his goals and assist back this up. Personally i like McPhail but does he do enough to warrant a starting place let alone be classed as one of the top players in the league? I like having him in our squad and think he is a good player but he doenst do enough at times for me.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:53 am

Jimbo27 wrote:
Bobbanker89 wrote:New to this board so I thought that I would start by putting a topic up that would cause a large debate.

Whitts is definitely one of the most influential players in the championship, his goals and assist back this up. Personally i like McPhail but does he do enough to warrant a starting place let alone be classed as one of the top players in the league? I like having him in our squad and think he is a good player but he doenst do enough at times for me.

i agree, mcphail is great to bring on and have around but we have tried and tested this for a couple of seasons now and have got nowhere..

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:50 pm

macca is a top squad player and a player I admire for giving his all, he is calm under pressure and slows the game down when needed. i dont think he's up there with whitts though.
whitts is the person we need to build around, he has 'world' class vision imo. if he was stronger and faster, he would be at a top top club
this season could make him a city great :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:12 pm

Mcphail's time is up here, Too slow,too one sided,doesn't score goals etc etc, Whitts even though he flirts in and out of games is always a danger, has the killer pass,skill and vision. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:27 pm

McPhail is totally shite and always has been. The only influence he has on a game is to leave a great big gap in our central midfield which allows the opposition pour through at will.

I'm convinced he ended the career of Ricky Scimeca and f**ked up Gavin Rae because both had to work twice as hard to cover for the useless lazy barstard.

He might be a nice bloke personally but as a player he is a total c**t and the best thing he can do for this club is to go and play for another Championship club and ruin their promotion ambitions.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:39 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:McPhail is totally shite and always has been. The only influence he has on a game is to leave a great big gap in our central midfield which allows the opposition pour through at will.

I'm convinced he ended the career of Ricky Scimeca and f**ked up Gavin Rae because both had to work twice as hard to cover for the useless lazy barstard.

He might be a nice bloke personally but as a player he is a total c**t and the best thing he can do for this club is to go and play for another Championship club and ruin their promotion ambitions.

How can you say that, when he was at weeds he was regarded as one of the best up and coming midfielders in the country. I hope you are winding people up with the comment regarding G.Rae. Scimeca and Mcphail had a cracking partnership that forced Ledley out on the wing if u remember????? Bellamy rates Mcphail as he has said he is a brilliant player to play with and it is no coincidence that when Chopra was flying on the second spell at Cardiff who was the supplier for much of his goals.
He is always available for the full back in support and is so calm on the ball when we were hopelessly pumping the ball up to Jay last year and the year before he would bring the ball down with Whitts and play up the field. Next time just watch Mcphail for more than 10 mins and you might learn a few things about how to play football.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:57 pm

mcfail a fu..ing liability end of :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:01 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:mcfail a fu..ing liability end of :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

no!

Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:23 pm

Bobbanker89 wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:mcfail a fu..ing liability end of :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

no!

Are you Steve Mcphail yourself and need some love :lol:
If was any good why did Leeds let him go years ago when he was a young man eh and they were in the premier league.We signed him from Barnsley of all teams. :roll:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:32 pm

Whitts - can be brilliant, but does have quite a few stinkers from time to time which is why fans turn against him. Would hate to see him go.

McPhail - decent championship level squad player who can control the pace of the game quite well, don't think he'll ever be first choice at city now though. No goals and only one foot, no pace, but can pick a sweet pass.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:36 pm

mcphail is a quality player with great touch and vision. experienced at the highest level too.

anybody however expects goals and thunderous tackles from him are silly because thats not the player he is. he adds composure and balance to any midfield.

i agree he couldtart and run a midfield much these days though

Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:37 pm

Purely my opinion of course but Whitts is an excellent WIDE midfielder, total waste of space in the middle. As for McFail, doesn't score enough goals to state the bleeding obvious and for me he tries to be too clever with some of his passes instead of playing the obvious and simple ball. Gives the ball way too much. Having said that can't fault his effort.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:46 pm

Bowmonster wrote:
Bobbanker89 wrote:

no!

Are you Steve Mcphail yourself and need some love :lol:
If was any good why did Leeds let him go years ago when he was a young man eh and they were in the premier league.We signed him from Barnsley of all teams. :roll:

LOL i wish!!!

I just think that he gets far o much abuse from the fans and on his day he is unreal. Also he is one of few players that are not from cardiff and care about the club! He is a legend in my eyes and i have just decided that i will be having him on the back of my top this season!

Oh and one more thing! He stays and NO: 10 earnie for 11!!1

Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:59 pm

Mcphail had a very serious injury at Leeds which caused him to drop down a few divisions. He has been a quality player for us and anyone who thinks otherwise really should learn how football should be played.

Not scored enough goals? You dont have to score goals in midfield, Nicky Butt didnt score many goals but look how many medals hes won.