Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ched Evans - thoughts?

Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:58 am

He has not joined his team mates in Malta for pre-season training and Sheff Utd are keen to resolve his future sharpish.

Do you think we should go for him? Young striker, bags of potential and proven at our level tonan extent - has also done a job for us at International level when required.

I do think however, Malky would have been in touch with them by now if he was interested.

Re: Ched Evans - thoughts?

Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:00 pm

Probably not worth his wages maybe if he dropped his wages...ALOT

Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:01 pm

id rather him to miller but i would like goodwille to :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:02 pm

If he was that good then Sheffield would be trying to hold on to him.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:07 pm

if we could get him cheap than worth a shot but to be honest he really didnt impress at Sheffield. However, he certainly showed a glimpse of his potential at Norwich so i wouldnt mind signing him as long as it wasnt for silly money

Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:12 pm

hes got quality but he is always injured so not worth the risk i think :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:24 pm

No way :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:25 pm

Nahhh, Sheff Utd fans loved him when he signed but he didnt do much after that, they don't rate him all that much!

Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:32 pm

Yet another Weslh youngster that hasn't really developed in the way his early potential indicated he might

Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:21 pm

naa they can keep him not worth it at all

Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:31 pm

Would rather one of the scottish lads over Evans :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:38 pm

He is massively average and would need to drop his wages by about 13k a week which wouldn't happen, big no.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:54 pm

What the Sheffield press say!!!! ;)

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football ... _1_3591827

Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Sam, you and I both know that the Star is absolute bollocks.

As for Chedwyn, he's been utterly dire for the last two years.

And, a wondergoal against City for Norwich aside, has done very little of note in his career so far.

Nothing for Wales - nothing.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:41 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:Sam, you and I both know that the Star is absolute bollocks.

As for Chedwyn, he's been utterly dire for the last two years.

And, a wondergoal against City for Norwich aside, has done very little of note in his career so far.

Nothing for Wales - nothing.

Dave he play's for the shit side of Sheffield and they are in free fall :D and need to ofload their big earners,he will be gone by the time the season starts!!!!! ;)

Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:45 pm

Im hoping we get Ched. I think he did well against us. Hes still a very young age so plenty of potential. Never forget that cracker he scored at Ninian Park against England U21

Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:56 pm

Its looking likely Ched will go to Ipswich tho

Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:30 pm

A few years ago the future was bright for Ched. But lets face it he is on massive wages is now a major disappointment. Cant score for toffee and he is now apparently in trouble for sexual assault. So no i think not with this one

Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:45 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:A few years ago the future was bright for Ched. But lets face it he is on massive wages is now a major disappointment. Cant score for toffee and he is now apparently in trouble for sexual assault. So no i think not with this one

I Am so glad you posted the above Steve :ayatollah: How many more times do we have to go over his wage of £20,000 a week and that alleged sex assault on the 30th May 2011.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:58 pm

he was a hot prospect back around 2007/2008 but since 2009 his form as dipped only scoring 13 goals in 67 apperances...

i think we could get much better for cheaper and on less wages...

Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:07 am

If we get him I hope his ego has reduced considerably since his days in the U21's. Malky wouldn't put up with the attitude he had a few years back.

Saying that I don't think he's that good. Would be happy if we stayed well clear.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:37 am

Not for me either!! Average!!