Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Miller and Goodwillie partneship

Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:07 am

By the looks of things it appears it's one or the other but you gotta admit that Miller and Goodwillie would be an awesome partneship up front for us. Miller isn't blessed with all the ability in the world but I love his work ethic, while Goodwillie appears to be blessed with both ethic and quality.

Sign them up Malky - 40+ goals between them for sure :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Miller and Goodwillie partneship

Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:09 am

SeanJr wrote:By the looks of things it appears it's one or the other but you gotta admit that Miller and Goodwillie would be an awesome partneship up front for us. Miller isn't blessed with all the ability in the world but I love his work ethic, while Goodwillie appears to be blessed with both ethic and quality.

Sign them up Malky - 40+ goals between them for sure :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Not sure I agree.

Goodwillie is more or less a done deal and his court case is likely to be thrown out.

I think it is more the case that it will be both rather than one or the other.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:17 am

tbh i would rather an Earnie / Goodwillie partnership both got quality and both can score goals also DG is strong for his size. IMO i think those two work amazingly together in the CCS.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:26 am

Stated in WM today Miller likely to return to Rangers.

Earnshaw not a 1st choice starter. Bench player for me to exploit the last 20 minutes.

Need 2 more strikers. Mason may be a hit? He may not though. Parkin another decent option from the bench but would prefer Ched Evans.

Goodwillie is a bit of an unknown at this level but would be an exciting acquisition.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:31 am

As they say in boxing a good Bigone will beat a good little one every time. Two monsters up front is the best way.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:39 am

SeanJr wrote:By the looks of things it appears it's one or the other but you gotta admit that Miller and Goodwillie would be an awesome partneship up front for us. Miller isn't blessed with all the ability in the world but I love his work ethic, while Goodwillie appears to be blessed with both ethic and quality.

I would like the pair of them to join, but I've got Earnie down for a starting spot this season.

One things for sure, if we do land these pair its certainly a statement of intent :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:20 am

Midfield general wrote:Sorry but in this league having two small strikers doesn't fill me with confidence both QPR and Norwich played with at least one big striker last season.

I have to agree. At the moment we have one big striker, Parkin! This worries me!

Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:23 am

Jimbo27 wrote:
Midfield general wrote:Sorry but in this league having two small strikers doesn't fill me with confidence both QPR and Norwich played with at least one big striker last season.

I have to agree. At the moment we have one big striker, Parkin! This worries me!

Don't worry, since his ban from the Clarks Pies shop in Canton, he has turned over a new leaf.

Salads with shit loads of full fat mayo instead.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:29 am

Worry concern doubt etc etc

We had all these two weeks ago

Are we STILL thinking Malky Mackay isnt covering all the bases??

jesus wept lads

Stop panicking, all is well

We will have a potent strike force by season start

You will all be drooling and gagging for the West Ham game. Fact.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:41 am

When Watford ripped a damn well organised QPR apart, who was their big lump up front? Graham?

Was Hernandez the big lump up front for the Prem champions?

Amazing people blasted Jones for being a tactical dinosaur yet want to play the same old "lump it up front" style :lol:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:15 pm

Scruffy wrote:tbh i would rather an Earnie / Goodwillie partnership both got quality and both can score goals also DG is strong for his size. IMO i think those two work amazingly together in the CCS.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Definitely :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:46 pm

nerd wrote:When Watford ripped a damn well organised QPR apart, who was their big lump up front? Graham?

Was Hernandez the big lump up front for the Prem champions?

Amazing people blasted Jones for being a tactical dinosaur yet want to play the same old "lump it up front" style :lol:

agree nerd. (can't we have a "like" button option, instead of a pointless "i agree post") :)