Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A break down on the programme tonight.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:18 pm

You'd think no one actually watched the programme. The whole thing was an hour of sensationalist journalism.

The true intentions of the Football Fund.
The Football Fund simply invest other people's money and make the club profitable by using their contacts and experience. They then use this man as a front and take a 20% cut of all profit made. They then get him out in 2-5 years and move on having made their money. This is all on their website.
Buying football clubs is not what the Football Fund do and they never had any intention of trying to buy two clubs.

The scam and beauty of the whole thing is that it is zero risk from where the Football Fund stand. It's other people's money they are using and they simply offer their services for 20%.

Is Joe Sim full of shit?
Yes, yes he is. The whole Football Fund shit is a scam. They look to invest in clubs with other people's money, by lying to people and hiding information from the actual investor and selling them the idea that they will own the club. They then take a 20% cut of all profit made and in return they will offer their experience and contacts to make the club profitable and help get the guy out when they've made their money.

Joe Sim and Sir Alex.
Crock o' shit. It's a business relationship and nothing more. In Joe Sim's head it seems their best buddies who are gonna run a club together when Sir Alex retires in 2014 (apparently). He's off his nuts if he thinks that's true. The idea of Sir Alex retiring only to take a job as owner of a club is laughable. The guy's approaching his 70s and after 50+ years in the game I bet my bottom dollar he'll want to enjoy his retirement away from football.

Is Vincent Tan fucked?
No, he is a contact of Joe Sim and from the looks of it he's one of f*cking hundreds. He held a meeting with the Football Fund and it seems that meeting was simply to discuss investing in the club. Which falls into line with the what the Football Fund do. Invest.

Should we be worried?
Not at all. The meeting with Tan was to invest not to sell. I highly doubt Tan would simply throw £18 million at a club and then call it a day.

Is it about who you know?
Of course it is. This is how football works these days. Vincent Tan being a contact and assoicate of a man like Joe Sim is not suprising not cause for concern.

If shit like this a real cause for concern it will be picked up by the rest of the media as part of a long term investigation. As I see it these stories will not be clouding the back and front pages anytime soon. Why? Because the whole thing was blown out of proportion on the show to get people watching and talking about it. Mission successful.

Re: A break down on the programme tonight.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:06 pm

Thanks Aled. I only caught the last 10 mins and started to panic when the message board went crazy.

Btw this programme dispatches have been done themselves on a couple of occasions for sensationalising and taking out of context comments made to undercover investigators. So hope this is all
A crock o shite.

Thanks again for your points

Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:00 am

Cymruguy2011 wrote:Thanks Aled. I only caught the last 10 mins and started to panic when the message board went crazy.

Btw this programme dispatches have been done themselves on a couple of occasions for sensationalising and taking out of context comments made to undercover investigators. So hope this is all
A crock o shite.

Thanks again for your points

No problem. Felt it needed to be said. A lot of people on here were worried that Tan was looking to sell the club and that Tan was corrupt.
If I'm being totally honest I expect Vincent Tan to have a few skeletons in the closet. The man's a billionaire, you don't get that much money without bending the rules a little. I don't think any of it affects Cardiff and just because he's linked with Joe Sim doesn't mean Tan's business here is related to Sim and the Football Fund.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:07 am

MyNameIsAled wrote:You'd think no one actually watched the programme. The whole thing was an hour of sensationalist journalism.

The true intentions of the Football Fund.
The Football Fund simply invest other people's money and make the club profitable by using their contacts and experience. They then use this man as a front and take a 20% cut of all profit made. They then get him out in 2-5 years and move on having made their money. This is all on their website.
Buying football clubs is not what the Football Fund do and they never had any intention of trying to buy two clubs.

The scam and beauty of the whole thing is that it is zero risk from where the Football Fund stand. It's other people's money they are using and they simply offer their services for 20%.

Is Joe Sim full of shit?
Yes, yes he is. The whole Football Fund shit is a scam. They look to invest in clubs with other people's money, by lying to people and hiding information from the actual investor and selling them the idea that they will own the club. They then take a 20% cut of all profit made and in return they will offer their experience and contacts to make the club profitable and help get the guy out when they've made their money.

Joe Sim and Sir Alex.
Crock o' shit. It's a business relationship and nothing more. In Joe Sim's head it seems their best buddies who are gonna run a club together when Sir Alex retires in 2014 (apparently). He's off his nuts if he thinks that's true. The idea of Sir Alex retiring only to take a job as owner of a club is laughable. The guy's approaching his 70s and after 50+ years in the game I bet my bottom dollar he'll want to enjoy his retirement away from football.

Is Vincent Tan fucked?
No, he is a contact of Joe Sim and from the looks of it he's one of f*cking hundreds. He held a meeting with the Football Fund and it seems that meeting was simply to discuss investing in the club. Which falls into line with the what the Football Fund do. Invest.

Should we be worried?
Not at all. The meeting with Tan was to invest not to sell. I highly doubt Tan would simply throw £18 million at a club and then call it a day.

Is it about who you know?
Of course it is. This is how football works these days. Vincent Tan being a contact and assoicate of a man like Joe Sim is not suprising not cause for concern.

If shit like this a real cause for concern it will be picked up by the rest of the media as part of a long term investigation. As I see it these stories will not be clouding the back and front pages anytime soon. Why? Because the whole thing was blown out of proportion on the show to get people watching and talking about it. Mission successful.

you are wrong. tan met then recently!!!! im the only person in the world that spotted that? tan was mentioned plenty of times, and then saying cardiff was available. and then robson met tan recently over the last couple of months. it is not good news at all i am sorryb :cry:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:25 am

bluebird7291 wrote:you are wrong. tan met then recently!!!! im the only person in the world that spotted that? tan was mentioned plenty of times, and then saying cardiff was available. and then robson met tan recently over the last couple of months. it is not good news at all i am sorryb :cry:

They did meet Tan recently and they did say Cardiff was available. They also said Sheffield Wednesday were available and they weren't. I don't believe a word that came out of Robson's or Sim's mouth.
As well as Leeds United, Oxford United, Crystal Palace, Leicester City, Derby County and Birmingham City.

Joe Sim is a bullshitter, so is Bryan Robson. We don't even know if they held a meeting, and if they did we don't know the true meaning of that meeting. For all we know it was simply to discuss investing or a takeover and Vincent Tan told them were to go.
They knew Cardiff would never actually be invested in or taken over. They just used the club to try and get the guy to continue with the deal and eventually invest in a team like Sheffield United that is openly looking for buyers.

The Football Fund is a scam. Sheffield United even commented that they had met with Joe Sim. Nothing was every agreed, yet Joe SIm was making out like it was a done deal. He talks a load of bollocks if you ask me.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:31 am

bluebird7291 wrote:you are wrong. tan met then recently!!!! im the only person in the world that spotted that? tan was mentioned plenty of times, and then saying cardiff was available. and then robson met tan recently over the last couple of months. it is not good news at all i am sorryb :cry:

Wrong.

Can you a) tell us then it was filmed, b) when this meeting with Tan occured, give you said it was recent?

Contrary to your claim the only reference to meeting Tan was Leppard, NOT Robson. The same Robson who stated we'd be too expensive.

There are certainly questions that need addressing, but if I was the Samaritans taking your emo call, I'd just laugh :lol:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:45 am

cheers mate :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:53 pm

Outright ownership was one option but investing as part of a Football Fund was another. If I remember rightly there are X-amount of shares in CCFC set aside for 'investors?'

Why couldn't it be possible for a Football Fund to take up those shares as part of Joe Sim plans and that's why he said Cardiff City were avaiable?

IMO if that happened it wouldn't actually mean that any rules had been broken, unless the investors had interests in other clubs.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:58 pm

nerd wrote:

Wrong.

Can you a) tell us then it was filmed, b) when this meeting with Tan occured, give you said it was recent?

Contrary to your claim the only reference to meeting Tan was Leppard, NOT Robson. The same Robson who stated we'd be too expensive.

There are certainly questions that need addressing, but if I was the Samaritans taking your emo call, I'd just laugh :lol:

ok i was just stating my opinion no need in name calling i left school few years ago mate. plus it said April. im just stating what i saw last night. i hope im 100% wrong. but its not good having are owners name mentioned a few times on a tv programme about buying clubs corruptly. i just say things how they are. if you dont like it, dont read it :roll:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:04 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:ok i was just stating my opinion no need in name calling i left school few years ago mate. plus it said April. im just stating what i saw last night. i hope im 100% wrong. but its not good having are owners name mentioned a few times on a tv programme about buying clubs corruptly. i just say things how they are. if you dont like it, dont read it :roll:

You didn't "state an opinion".

You stated the other poster was wrong, thereby indicating a certainty in your opinion as being a fact. If you're going to do that, then you need to be accurate and not scaremonger. Stating Robson claimed to have met Tan was a plain falsehood; Robson himself said no such thing.

That's not saying things how they are, it's spreading misleading information, scaremongering, which is the last thing needed at this point in time.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:11 pm

Most clubs are available at a price!