Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I HONESTLY FANCY US FOR AUTOMATIC

Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:57 am

WHOSE WITH ME :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: I HONESTLY FANCY US FOR AUTOMATIC

Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:02 am

Maybe a tad of early excitement there!! As we still need more strength in depth - but if we can get 2-3 more quality players in as well as a couple more younger lads that play with their hearts on sleeves it's possible to go close! We got to give Malky time though and not create too much pressure for him and the lads :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:11 am

Merlin wrote:Maybe a tad of early excitement there!! As we still need more strength in depth - but if we can get 2-3 more quality players in as well as a couple more younger lads that play with their hearts on sleeves it's possible to go close! We got to give Malky time though and not create too much pressure for him and the lads :ayatollah:

NO PRESSURE HONEST ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:13 am

Hope we can get it, but think that's putting way too much pressure on a new manager with a new team that's going to take a while to gel.

Will be a hard division to get out of with West Ham and Birmingham to battle with, will be happy with playoffs - think it's a good/realistic target for Malky to be aiming for.

Let's not get out expectations too high.... yet!
;)

Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:17 am

no chance we have brought in the milk but no cream AS YET

Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:28 am

think id be happy with top half finsish at the moment......few good signings but nothing that looks like securing top two or even a playoff spot in my opinion.....hope im wrong tho :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:31 am

porthcawl_ccfc1927 wrote:think id be happy with top half finsish at the moment......few good signings but nothing that looks like securing top two or even a playoff spot in my opinion.....hope im wrong tho :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Its all about opinions

But NOW.. and with one more signing. Our defence looks as strong
as anyones.

Our midfield looks as strong as anyones

...and he hasnt really made his move re: Strikers yet.
We are going to thrash teams this season mate

Top two, deffo :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:52 am

We need a few more players yet, centre midfield atm is nowhere near good enough.

If we get Bellamy, Goodwillie, David Jones and 1 or 2 more centre mids then we'll be looking good, but atm I don't think we can judge were we are going to finish.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:56 am

Don't forget we can still loan some players and a bit of the right prem quality with our signings could complete the picture

Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:04 pm

Getting a bit carried away aren't you :ayatollah: I just hope the club, the manager and the players do their talking on the pitch.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:07 pm

this is the problem, we lose a few games and it will be MALKY OUT, booing at games etc sad, but thats what the plastics will do, they will expect auto's with 100 points :roll:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:09 pm

I am excited. I am every year. Always will be.

The problem is that West Ham, Birmingham, Leicester and possibly Forest all have better squads than us.

However, a really big-name signings and we should pass them Zulus, the crisp makers and the bow and arrow makers. West Ham should be our biggest rivals with Big Sam at the helm.

But. If we win our first three or four games and the others don't then confidence might well help us win the league.

I really hope that we get Craig Bellamy. I also think that MM has one maybe two big names up his sleeve. fingers crossed.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:17 pm

Ben wrote:this is the problem, we lose a few games and it will be MALKY OUT, booing at games etc sad, but thats what the plastics will do, they will expect auto's with 100 points :roll:

Lets not blame that kind of behaviour just onthe plastics.

Theres supporters who should know better doing exactly the same last year.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:20 pm

taffyapple wrote:
porthcawl_ccfc1927 wrote:think id be happy with top half finsish at the moment......few good signings but nothing that looks like securing top two or even a playoff spot in my opinion.....hope im wrong tho :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Its all about opinions

as anyones.

whatttt

there is no way that our defence of McNaughton Hudson Gerrard Taylor looks as strong as anyones!!

and a midfield of Whitts Cowie Gunnarsson Conway certainly does not look the strongest either

with the current squad i would predict a mid-table finish, if we sign Bellamy, Goodwillie and a decent right winger however, i'd say we could make the playoffs

Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:21 pm

I would rather let the season pan out and just see what happens, I think we all thought last season we would be in the prem, I just want to go and enjoy each game as it comes and who knows next May :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:28 pm

Ben wrote:this is the problem, we lose a few games and it will be MALKY OUT, booing at games etc sad, but thats what the plastics will do, they will expect auto's with 100 points :roll:

100% agree, think a lot of us are too quick to criticise and get on the boys' backs.
No matter how good the squad is looking, this season will still be a building stage for Malky and we mustn't forget that. Good to see the positive vibes though.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:49 pm

nope sorry dont agree. we need one more midfield player, 2 or 3 strikers as we dont have a goal scorer atm. yes earnie will get some but do you really expect bags of goals?
and even a keeper because i havent got any faith in them. heaton seems to fail under pressure and marshal cant defend set pieces.

my opinion i believe as things are mid table maybe play offs :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:26 pm

Bluebird1993 wrote:We need a few more players yet, centre midfield atm is nowhere near good enough.

If we get Bellamy, Goodwillie, David Jones and 1 or 2 more centre mids then we'll be looking good, but atm I don't think we can judge were we are going to finish.

david jones ffs it took us too long to get rid of him in the first place :lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:26 pm

asjaber wrote:I would rather let the season pan out and just see what happens, I think we all thought last season we would be in the prem, I just want to go and enjoy each game as it comes and who knows next May :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

same, season with no pressure is needed to bring back the old atmosphere and team/fan relationship :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:29 pm

Fergy1927 wrote:I am excited. I am every year. Always will be.

The problem is that West Ham, Birmingham, Leicester and possibly Forest all have better squads than us.

However, a really big-name signings and we should pass them Zulus, the crisp makers and the bow and arrow makers. West Ham should be our biggest rivals with Big Sam at the helm.

But. If we win our first three or four games and the others don't then confidence might well help us win the league.

I really hope that we get Craig Bellamy. I also think that MM has one maybe two big names up his sleeve. fingers crossed.

birmingham struggling to hold on to their players,leicester sven had his pick at man city done f**k all,forest mclaren already complaying hes not getting a free hand in the transfer targets unrest at forest already,mark my words autos :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:28 pm

I don't understand the call for "big name signings".
Who were the big name signings that took QPR, Swansea and Norwich up? Maybe we can argue for Taraabt/Routledge? but we all felt the rest of QPR were just ok.
The difference for these three teams was their management and team spirit, they played for each other. I see our new management team trying to instill that rght now.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:44 pm

mid table to play offs for me :old: hope im wrong though :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:29 pm

alexc wrote:I don't understand the call for "big name signings".
Who were the big name signings that took QPR, Swansea and Norwich up? Maybe we can argue for Taraabt/Routledge? but we all felt the rest of QPR were just ok.
The difference for these three teams was their management and team spirit, they played for each other. I see our new management team trying to instill that rght now.

Totally agree.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:46 pm

Too early to call for me - more than appy to back MM 100% but feel we need four / five more better quality signings at top end of our squad list . As for the back four ( five even ) being as strong as anyones ffs get a reality check , at least one or even two of future signings need to come here for me ! :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:15 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

Its all about opinions

as anyones.

whatttt

there is no way that our defence of McNaughton Hudson Gerrard Taylor looks as strong as anyones!!

and a midfield of Whitts Cowie Gunnarsson Conway certainly does not look the strongest either

with the current squad i would predict a mid-table finish, if we sign Bellamy, Goodwillie and a decent right winger however, i'd say we could make the playoffs

Whitts Cowie Gunnarsson Conway.... your telling me they dont look the strongest???

Who did you want?

Who's got a better four than that?

Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:01 pm

Robbie, we've been saying this every f*cking summer since Derek Showers was blasting the ball into the Taff :lol: Always said watching the City is a disease & fucks your head up :lol: Automatic this year :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :old:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:14 pm

worrying that mm is stating we will work with a small squad this year?

Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:23 pm

I can see why people think autos are a possibility. Our team is not going to be recognisable from last season. MM has managed to get the players he did so well with at Watford and add a bit more quality. He has now been left the building bricks unlike at his old place where he had ot give them back. I think some of us are going to be pleasantly surprised.

Also have a look at the teams around us. Excluding Leicester there does not seemot be much to worry about which surprises me. Birmingham are losing their top players, West Ham are not doing much better and the other teams that everyone thought would do well dont seem to be doing much, Brighton and Ipswich being 2 of them. Leicester have gone crazy so should be the team to beat and Forest have made some good moves lately so I think they could be a problem.

Atm I feel the lesgue is not as strong as what I thought it would be.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:26 pm

Bluebird1993 wrote:We need a few more players yet, centre midfield atm is nowhere near good enough.

cowie and whittingham ? i think our centre midfield is one of the best in the league haha

Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:45 pm

beddau blue wrote:WHOSE WITH ME :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Not me!!! it would be a big achievement to make the play-offs. automatic, no chance this season.