Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DANNY GABBIDON TRAINING WITH QPR

Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:31 am

Danny is currently with the QPR squad at their training camp in Cornwall trying to impress to earn himself a permanent deal.

Thought he would go to you guys personally.

I haven't seen much of him but for those that have for club & for Wales could you tell me what kind of player he is & would he be a good or bad signing should we take him on.

:ayatollah:

Re: DANNY GABBIDON TRAINING WITH QPR

Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:47 am

Stan-QPR wrote:Danny is currently with the QPR squad at their training camp in Cornwall trying to impress to earn himself a permanent deal.

Thought he would go to you guys personally.

I haven't seen much of him but for those that have for club & for Wales could you tell me what kind of player he is & would he be a good or bad signing should we take him on.

:ayatollah:

I love Gabbs, always gives his 100% but his legs are nowhere near the pace for the championship these days & his WHU wage was astronomically a £30,000 plus a week. Good luck with him like I said he'll always give you his 100% more than I can say about that prima dona Bothroyd, his probably already told the rest of the QPR squad that he is so much better than them.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:59 am

Wish he was training with us!

Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:13 am

I saw Danny out in Mocka lounge on Saturday, with a few city boys old and new, maybe it was just coincidence and he was home seeing a few mates but he would be a great signing for us in the championship, if we could get him on a decent wage.
Good Luck to him though if he can continue to play in the Premiership :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:31 am

I always remeber Gabbs for his game against England at Old Trafford. Without his performance England would have come away with a 6-0 victory instead of the 2-0 they got.

But now I think he has passed it. Injuries have finished him off and any club in the premier will be taking a gamble if they take him on.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:33 am

i honestly dont think hes that good, years ago i thought he was class...over the past few years hes seemed to have lost it, b4 any 1 starts its just my opinion :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:11 pm

Stan I received a text 2 days ago saying that we were interested in bringing Gabbs back to Wales but I have not been able to get anything remotely official on it. An excellent player but has had some serious injury issues in particular with his back, if memory serves me right.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:14 pm

The Welsh Jonathan Woodgate

Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:14 pm

STAN,
Gabbs is one of those, that if he's fit he will will be a brilliant acquisition but injuries have plagued him
i think its a risk for anyone getting him, well thats what my head says anyways

Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:17 pm

carl spoke to danny gabbidon's mother in cwmbran town centre a hour a go his agent as got him to train with qpr he hates being in london he wants to come home she said the money cardiff were offering was not good and she said Rob Earnshaw is on more money know with us than he was on at forrest

Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:41 pm

mattc752 wrote:carl spoke to danny gabbidon's mother in cwmbran town centre a hour a go his agent as got him to train with qpr he hates being in london he wants to come home she said the money cardiff were offering was not good and she said Rob Earnshaw is on more money know with us than he was on at forrest

With the greatest of respects I think thats pretty obvious seeing as he turned down a contract extension in favour of joining us.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:29 pm

Danny was brilliant at Cardiff, great reader of the game. Back then he had the pace to get to everything and lost very little in the air considering his size.
As above has stated, he has lost that pace and is very injury prone. I wouldnt like us to take a risk on him now and if you do sign him im unsure of what he will have to offer. Maybe a pay as he play deal for you

Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:47 pm

bloody cow with cloggs on could turn quicker than gabbidon now i should imagine

Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:44 pm

stay well clear, too many injuries and has lost his pace.
would be dissapointed if he signed for us.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:31 pm

I'd take him back if the wages were sensible

Not sure he can hack the pace of the Prem anymore but if he can keep fit, he may well prove us all wrong

Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:55 am

Went to watch qpr play tavistock last night and gabbidon played. Easy for him tho, they won 13-0

Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:23 am

Earnie is actually on less money than he was on at forrest last season but he is on more than they offered when they offered him a new contract. Im told that he was on 14k a week last season but that they only offered him 6k a week to resign!

As for Gabbs I think he would be great in the Championship but in the premier league its another matter. If he could have a full pre-season, and stay fit, then he still has a chance of being a capable squad player at that level. Its such a shame the way things turned out as he was the best defender I can remember us ever having and in his first season at West Ham he was superb!

Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:50 am

Cheers fella's for the replies.

Some interesting ones in there.

Carl I would imagine a move back home would be perfect for Danny but it seems CCFC have not made any moves yet?

I'm not sure of his fitness and how he is at this present time but I'd be ok with him joining us. When people go off the radar for a year or 2 they get forgotten about but don't necessarily become bad players.

Short term deal to suit all parties would be the sensible option.