Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ANYONE STAYING IN THE CARLTON HOTEL, JESMOND?

Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:57 pm

Just booked it up, and judging by trip advisor, it is a lively area of Newcastle! Any other bluebirds staying there? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: ANYONE STAYING IN THE CARLTON HOTEL, JESMOND?

Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:01 pm

Straight up and Bck for me son. Gutted not to be staying the night :cry:
Sure you and Daf will make up for it tho :lol:

Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:47 pm

I am staying in the Kenilworth Hotel on the Saturday night, its on Osbourne Road in Jesmond. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:50 pm

I've stayed there with work.

That road is VERY lively there was a bar across the road that was rammed from afternoon to early hours. Double glazing became very useful. The bar in the hotel is very modern in design I supopose you could say it was a wipe clean surface sort of place easily cleaned after the festivities.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:54 pm

The street is full of young women and bars good choice

Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:58 pm

tynesideblue wrote:The street is full of young women and bars good choice

I can definately vouch for that, I went in winter but that didn't seem to stop them wearing NOTHING. :shock:

Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:19 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: im there son :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:20 am

seen on tripadvisor that it was a lively place! It will do for one night, sounds pretty good! Driving up early on Friday morning!

Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:21 am

BlueCheg wrote:Straight up and Bck for me son. Gutted not to be staying the night :cry:
Sure you and Daf will make up for it tho :lol:

We shall son, looking forward to it now :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:21 am

How far isit from the city centre and st James's mate?

Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:19 am

I do the great north run every year and I have stayed in The Carlton Hotel twice. Osboure Rd is a long road just outside the city centre, and the Carlton Hotel is near the top of it. I think the best way to get to st james's and the city centre is to catch the metro (west jemond) only a 5 mins walk from the hotel and only two stops away . The bars in this hotel and the hotel across the rd (the new northhumbria) get very busy. I think happy hour was 6 until 7 where you press a button on the bar to stop on the option drinks for free, 2 of 1, half price or full price.
:ayatollah:
A few points I can give you are the rooms on the top floor are very small, but me and girlfriend had our room changed last year no problem.
The floorboards are very creaky, not very good when you are trying to sleep and run the next day, but I didn't notice it so much on the sunday night with a gut full of beer.

Hope this helps, enjoy your trip :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:24 am

Blue_Lloyd wrote:

How far isit from the city centre and st James's mate?

Its not far at all just get a metro (tube) straight there 15 minutes max

Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:43 am

Blue_Lloyd wrote:seen on tripadvisor that it was a lively place! It will do for one night, sounds pretty good! Driving up early on Friday morning!

yeah carlton hotel is really very much nice place its too good. :ayatollah: :ugeek:

Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:29 am

kamrankhanma wrote:
Blue_Lloyd wrote:seen on tripadvisor that it was a lively place! It will do for one night, sounds pretty good! Driving up early on Friday morning!

yeah carlton hotel is really very much nice place its too good. :ayatollah: :ugeek:

:shock: