Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Rudolphe Gestede.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:14 pm

Been looking him up all weekend he's well liked by metz fans wich is good start.
They said he gives 100% even when he's not at his best.
Sets up goals alot with his height.
Not known for scoring but he pays big part in long balls to head down to set up forwards.
Stands up tall going into tackles wouldn't go down easy.
I did hear though that he had problems off the pitch so moving away may help him.
Not the best English speaking but he understands alot of it.
what i've heard so fingers crossed it's true.

Let's hope we can get him and in and malky can use him the way he should be played and i can see us having a gem on our hands.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Rudolphe Gestede.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:28 pm

def feel that we will need some form of a hold up player.... especially in the championship.. took his goal well and i will be interested to see how he performs on wednesday.. before making any judgement...

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:30 pm

Yes a new league and that so be hard for him worth a short contract though we need a tall forward to replace Jay! :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:32 pm

Llantrisant Blue. wrote:Yes a new league and that so be hard for him worth a short contract though we need a tall forward to replace Jay! :ayatollah:

if he performs well on wed, then def should offer a short term contract with an extension offer on performance...

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:35 pm

Contract till January i say! :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:40 pm

brilliantbluebirds09 wrote:Contract till January i say! :ayatollah:

think he needs more game time as we cant base giving a paying contract on 1 x 45mins on the field... think we will see him against celtic and def bournemouth and maybe mm will make a decision in ans around parma game..

but i def agree that we need a striker of this type...

Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:11 pm

What if he shines untill January then someone else can just snap him up ;) !

Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:13 pm

Oh btw lads i got him on football manager he scores goals rudy rudy haha!

Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:50 am

If the Metz reports are true then I cannot see Rudy accepting a 6 month contract as there would probably be a lot of other clubs interested in him who would be more than willing to give him at least a 1 year contract. Listening to Malky it sounds a bit like Rudy may have a few other offers from other clubs and his agent could be sounding them out for him, so I don't think he will be around for much longer if we don't offer him a decent contract offer. I have a feeling about him and I think he could be a real talent for us, I saw him play in the friendly and I have seen him play in a few Metz games, I really like the look of the kid. If he impresses Malky on Wednesday then I say why not give him a 2 year contract, as I really have 100% faith in Malky Mackay's ability when it comes to working with and judging the potential of younger players. Surely that will give him a lift as he would feel that the Malky has confidence in him and it would give him a bit of stability. He has much more talent than Andrea Feretti ever had and he was given a 3 year contract.

Bloooooooooooobirds