Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The 'Carls Daughter' Debate.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:10 pm

Right, firstly I apologise for any trouble this has caused and I take full responsibility for my actions, however this way OTT from my point of view.

I posted the picture. Carl, if you want to discuss this with me PM me and i'll be more than happy to discuss this with you. I've only registered with this forum because BIGGWYN messaged me with a PM that was vague and I thought I'd check it out. Anyway found the post, saw my name, read through etc etc.

The picture was from this article;

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... -26096290/

This is a public image and was in no way a snipe at your daughter. It's the only public image available. If you really think I would take the piss out of a 10 year old girl then you have me completely wrong. And as for Alex's and Dom's responses, they were both nothing directed at your daughter. In fact I struggle to find anything (picutre apart) what your daughter has to do with this.

Mike Morris has warned me after deletion of the thread. I accept his decision, and I fully apologise if you Carl accept it; as it has nothing to do with anyone else. As for sniping, i'll be the first to admit, I had critized your posts on many occasions and the post by me, Dom and Alex were a snipe at your past 'fans leader' post on WalesOnline. I feel as a purchaser of the Echo and a reader of WalesOnline, i'm well within my rights to do so. The 'snipes' I only ever posted were to do with football, and some of the football updates. I have never got personal (in my view)

However, I do reiterate, I apologize for posting the picture in the first place, but you have to understand there was nothing sinister on my part about your daughter, and that's why I found the outrage a bit strange. The post had nothing to do with your daughter.

Re: The 'Carls Daughter' Debate.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:14 pm

Stunning apology.

"I fully apologise, but why you've taken offence baffles me..."

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:16 pm

Why did you post that picture and what was it in relation to mate.

Let me know and then ill make an unbiased decision on the outcry..

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:17 pm

Maybe you should grow up.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:17 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Why did you post that picture and what was it in relation to mate.

Let me know and then ill make an unbiased decision on the outcry..

Gazza is our Judge Gazza is our Judge :lol:

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:19 pm

:lol:

Seriously though nukes, what was the picture in relation to?

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:20 pm

I agree, i should have re-drafted it. It seems unapologetic.

My point was that at the time, Carl's daughter didn't even cross my mind as a subject, and didn't realise that it would be . I'm sorry. I think I should just leave it there, and take it up with Carl.

Like I said. I crossed the line, I'm sorry.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:24 pm

Don't know what happened or was said but if someone slagged off Carl's daughter that is f*cking low & bang out of order.

Don't know the man personally but comes across to me as a thoroughly decent chap & a loving father so whatever wanker said something should be disgusted with themselves.

This is a football forum for debate, chat & the occasional argument & that nonsense is not welcome by anyone. Lower than a snakes belly :evil:

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:26 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Don't know what happened or was said but if someone slagged off Carl's daughter that is f*cking low & bang out of order.

Don't know the man personally but comes across to me as a thoroughly decent chap & a loving father so whatever wanker said something should be disgusted with themselves.

This is a football forum for debate, chat & the occasional argument & that nonsense is not welcome by anyone. Lower than a snakes belly :evil:

There was no text at all in relation to his daughter, but I shouldn't have linked the photo.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:29 pm

WJ99 wrote:Right, firstly I apologise for any trouble this has caused and I take full responsibility for my actions, however this way OTT from my point of view.

I posted the picture. Carl, if you want to discuss this with me PM me and i'll be more than happy to discuss this with you. I've only registered with this forum because BIGGWYN messaged me with a PM that was vague and I thought I'd check it out. Anyway found the post, saw my name, read through etc etc.

The picture was from this article;

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... -26096290/

This is a public image and was in no way a snipe at your daughter. It's the only public image available. If you really think I would take the piss out of a 10 year old girl then you have me completely wrong. And as for Alex's and Dom's responses, they were both nothing directed at your daughter. In fact I struggle to find anything (picutre apart) what your daughter has to do with this.

Mike Morris has warned me after deletion of the thread. I accept his decision, and I fully apologise if you Carl accept it; as it has nothing to do with anyone else. As for sniping, i'll be the first to admit, I had critized your posts on many occasions and the post by me, Dom and Alex were a snipe at your past 'fans leader' post on WalesOnline. I feel as a purchaser of the Echo and a reader of WalesOnline, i'm well within my rights to do so. The 'snipes' I only ever posted were to do with football, and some of the football updates. I have never got personal (in my view)

However, I do reiterate, I apologize for posting the picture in the first place, but you have to understand there was nothing sinister on my part about your daughter, and that's why I found the outrage a bit strange. The post had nothing to do with your daughter.

So your apologising but cannot understand why I have acted OTT in your opinion.

Firstly you put the picture up with a link, within a thread concerning job losses at Wales Media, and entitled the link as 'LEADER' which took you to the said picture. There are plenty of images of me available and you did not need to use the one that showed me with my daughter with an obvious piss take of the term 'LEADER' attached to it.

Secondly considering in your opinion that Alex's and Dom's responses to the picture had nothing to do with my daughter, then you may wish to read the apologies received and see if you think they believe that their postings had nothing to do with my daughter :

Sent: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:54 pm
To: carlccfc

Hey there.

I owe you an apology. Realised now the extent of the comment I posted and that I'm totally out of line with it, and rather embarrassed to be honest. Clearly didn't think things through at the time and have been rightfully brought up on it by Mike and yourself.

Regards

Alex

Sent: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:30 pm
To: carlccfc

Carl,

I've signed up to this forum in order to offer you my unequivocal apologies for what went on, on ccmb this morning. There is no excuse for bringing family, especially children in to such exchanges on messageboards. It's absolutely unacceptable and I understand how angry you must have been to read the messages that were posted this morning.

If I had my time over again, I'd not have been as stupid as to have replied to the message as I know there is no place for that kind of thing. I'm sorry that I did get involved but not as sorry as I am that you had to see your daughter brought up on a messageboard.

I totally understand your anger and don't expect this apology to make your anger relent but I felt I had to offer one in any case. Again, I'm sorry and can assure you that I will never be involved in anything like this again.

Dom

Now they seem to have the decency to understand their postings were wrong but you still cannot see where the line is crossed.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:32 pm

WJ99 wrote:
Stan-QPR wrote:Don't know what happened or was said but if someone slagged off Carl's daughter that is f*cking low & bang out of order.

There was no text at all in relation to his daughter, but I shouldn't have linked the photo.

I said as much to Mike Morris but the tag of 'LEADER' and the attached photo was only ever going to bring one outcome. You did not add text admittedly but in the context of the thread surely you must have realised I had nothing to do with job losses and especially my daughter did not.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:35 pm

Interesting to see that wetwipe Dom say

'If I had my time over again, I'd not have been as stupid as to have replied to the message as I know there is no place for that kind of thing. I'm sorry that I did get involved '

Realy Dom, one of the main people forever having a dig at Carl over on CCMB.

The only reason he's sorry is that he's been caught out and it might end up catching up with him the little worm.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:35 pm

Poor excuse for a man. Football is football and family is your life.

Ashamed that you support the same club as myself!

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:36 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Interesting to see that wetwipe Dom say

'If I had my time over again, I'd not have been as stupid as to have replied to the message as I know there is no place for that kind of thing. I'm sorry that I did get involved '

The only reason he's sorry is that he's been caught out and it might end up catching up with him the little worm.

Give credit where it's due, he made a mistake and has retracted his comments that to me means a lot.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:39 pm

carlccfc wrote:
MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Interesting to see that wetwipe Dom say

Give credit where it's due, he made a mistake and has retracted his comments that to me means a lot.

Fair play to you Carl, you obviously have thicker skin than me my friend.

:ayatollah:

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:40 pm

Carl, I fully understand your stance. I know the line has been crossed and I do fully fully apologise. Maybe airing this out in public wasn't the best option, I would have prefered to speak to you directly but people have been stirring the pot making assumptions that I have specifically targetted your daughter and made any joke about her. My original post was to point out my naivity. No post I have ever made has any personal intent from me.

I hope you accept my deepest apologies and you wont hear me mention your name again. As for your family, please pass on my apologies to them please.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:43 pm

Look Lads the Boys have apologised which should bring an end to it. Not seeing the thread or wishing to it was clearly offensive to Carl and his Family. Lines has been crossed but hopefully will not be crossed again as there apologies seem sincere and Carl has excepted it. All threads should now be locked or deleted on said subject as i expect Carl just wants a line to be put under it.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:43 pm

WJ99 wrote:Carl, I fully understand your stance. I know the line has been crossed and I do fully fully apologise. Maybe airing this out in public wasn't the best option, I would have prefered to speak to you directly but people have been stirring the pot making assumptions that I have specifically targetted your daughter and made any joke about her. My original post was to point out my naivity. No post I have ever made has any personal intent from me.

I hope you accept my deepest apologies and you wont hear me mention your name again. As for your family, please pass on my apologies to them please.

I accept your apology and ask that you think before posting or linking any images to members of anyone's family in future. A pm would have been better and it would have kept the other apologies private but when you claim that Alex's and Dom's postings had nothing to do with my daughter is clearly not as I see it or by their sincere apologies.

Let us all hope that this is the end of the matter, as it certainly is for me.