Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IMPORTANT NEWS for iPhone jailbreakers!

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:10 pm

* Under no circumstances do you update your iphone to software version 4.3.4 in iTunes!!

Even if you are considering a jailbreak in the near future - at all costs do not upgrade past 4.3.3

Also if you jailbreaked through the jailbreakme.com exploit I posted the other day using safari on your iPhone, you MUST go to cydia and install "PDF PATCHER 2" ASAP!

Cheers, Craig.

Re: IMPORTANT NEWS for iPhone jailbreakers!

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:17 pm

Too late for me then Craig :cry:

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:26 pm

carlccfc wrote:Too late for me then Craig :cry:

Will be for a while now Carl! Apple has patched the latest un-tethered jailbreak in 4.3.4. Until the pro's at dev team etc etc find a new way around it. Which on this occasion may be some time yet! :(

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:35 pm

What does the PDF patcher do? I jail broke my iPhone 4 when I first got it last year and haven't updated it since, would you recommend me getting PDF patcher 2?

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:38 pm

Pidgeofcdf wrote:What does the PDF patcher do? I jail broke my iPhone 4 when I first got it last year and haven't updated it since, would you recommend me getting PDF patcher 2?

You only need this if you jailbreaked your phone with the method stated above - by going to jailbreakme.com on your iPhones safari browser!

Obviously doesn't apply to you mate.... Also sounds like your running some damn old software on your phone mate if it was that long ago! :lol:

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:44 pm

Yeh 4.0.1 !!! Missed 4.3.3 so will have to wait now till next opportunity.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:56 pm

Pidgeofcdf wrote:Yeh 4.0.1 !!! Missed 4.3.3 so will have to wait now till next opportunity.

Nope! Just download 4.3.3 from redmondpie.com and save it. Then open iTunes with phone installed hold [shift] when you click restore, and you can then browse your downloads file to install 4.3.3

You can restore any firmware you like! Even downgrade as long as you use tinyumbrella (but that's another story!) ;)

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:34 pm

Merlin I jailbroke the other night and have done what you suggest tonight. But I am getting a problem with installous. Just keeps saying api error...

Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:09 pm

Western Blue wrote:Merlin I jailbroke the other night and have done what you suggest tonight. But I am getting a problem with installous. Just keeps saying api error...

Currently = there is a problem with installous app store! There is a server fault - which is being looked at as we speak! repairs are under way - and shouldn't take too long hopefully! :ayatollah: