Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

City look at French trialist - Rudy Gestede

Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:37 am

http://cardiff-city.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... press.html

Poor goal scoring ratio - another one for future ???

Re: City look at French trialist - Rudy Gestede

Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:53 am

6ft 4 ! Certainly a big lad

Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:56 am

there is a young english striker febian brandy who has been released by man-u and he spent some time on loan at swansea, i wouldnt mind us looking at him, imo hes a future gem, flying, and can put a ball in the net

Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:02 am

bluebird04 wrote:there is a young english striker febian brandy who has been released by man-u and he spent some time on loan at swansea, i wouldnt mind us looking at him, imo hes a future gem, flying, and can put a ball in the net

Aside from not being particularly good - didn't get into the Jacks side during his loan spells for more then 5 minute sub stints, he's with Notts County...

Can put a ball in the net? 8 goals in 64 league games, of which well over half were as a sub...

Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:17 am

very strange choice

Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:33 am

please dont go there malkay 9 goals in 91 games for a striker is poor.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:43 am

chopper1973 wrote:please dont go there malkay 9 goals in 91 games for a striker is poor.

Steve Thompson was blasted by some for not being a prolific goalscorer.

Those people conveniently ignored the fact he was a right handful for defenders and set up a fair few goals- not just directly by passing, heading, but by occupying defenders.

I'd also suggest Mackay and his staff will be looking at him in training and vs Charlton, assessing his ability and potential rather than going on your word, based purely around goals, tbh.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:47 am

nerd wrote:
chopper1973 wrote:please dont go there malkay 9 goals in 91 games for a striker is poor.

Steve Thompson was blasted by some for not being a prolific goalscorer.

Those people conveniently ignored the fact he was a right handful for defenders and set up a fair few goals- not just directly by passing, heading, but by occupying defenders.

I'd also suggest Mackay and his staff will be looking at him in training and vs Charlton, assessing his ability and potential rather than going on your word, based purely around goals, tbh.

agreed. he is 6FT 3.....he is a target man, a centre forward. somebody to hold up and work the ball off. he wont be there ideally for his goalscoring but for his phsicallity, his assists, his hold up play and to be a target man.

do we expect parkin to score 30 goals? no. do we expect him to work well and set up earnie etc ....yes

same situation

Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:49 am

hes only 22 still plenty of time to improve under Mackay :D

Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:26 am

Talked about plucked from obscurity :?

Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:53 am

Reminds me of Luigi Glombard...

Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:58 am

MyNameIsAled wrote:Reminds me of Luigi Glombard...

In what sense? Frenchness? Skin colour? Since you've not seen either play...

Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:41 pm

Leave the trialists alone Malky, we need a more established striker to help bring Mason and Jarvis along.