Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE WEST HAM PROTEST

Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:10 pm

If there is a ban as it looks most likely now,there will be a major protest and many supporters from a good few clubs will be attending, the protest will be impromptu rather than organised, that way no organiser can be blamed if it kicks off.

This will be an ideal time for a united fans front, being on a Sunday lot's of fans will be ab;e to come along and already there are many committed to attend from Chelsea an Millwall and even some West Ham fans are going to attend so it could get interesting.

I hope it is trouble free but I also think it will hopefully cause the Met a logistic nightmare, I know that Liberty and the FSF are watching closely and if there is trouble I wonder who will get the blame, also if it's not at a game will it be classed as football related and will people get banned if they step out of line, also will people who are serving bans be allowed to attend this protest if it takes place as planned (whoops , not planned) away from the stadium.

I think this will set a precedent and fans are aware of this and going to make a stand, because it could be them getting banned next, football the new terrorism, well its policed as if it is, f**k me we are talking about a day out at the football, not a f*cking military invasion.

Re: THE WEST HAM PROTEST

Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:17 pm

Its all getting stupid now Gwyn i was really looking forward to this game. Now i think we should all boycott it

Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:29 pm

We supposed to have freedom of movement in this country.

I'm cheesed as I'm away for 2weeks after the west ham game so not going to be able to take a game for ages

Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:37 pm

BigGwynram wrote:If there is a ban as it looks most likely now,there will be a major protest and many supporters from a good few clubs will be attending, the protest will be impromptu rather than organised, that way no organiser can be blamed if it kicks off.

This will be an ideal time for a united fans front, being on a Sunday lot's of fans will be ab;e to come along and already there are many committed to attend from Chelsea an Millwall and even some West Ham fans are going to attend so it could get interesting.

I hope it is trouble free but I also think it will hopefully cause the Met a logistic nightmare, I know that Liberty and the FSF are watching closely and if there is trouble I wonder who will get the blame, also if it's not at a game will it be classed as football related and will people get banned if they step out of line, also will people who are serving bans be allowed to attend this protest if it takes place as planned (whoops , not planned) away from the stadium.

I think this will set a precedent and fans are aware of this and going to make a stand, because it could be them getting banned next, football the new terrorism, well its policed as if it is, f**k me we are talking about a day out at the football, not a f*cking military invasion.

IF WE PROTEST ITS IMPERATIVE THAT IT IS INTENDED TO BE PEACEFUL AND STAYS PEACEFUL, otherwise we are just proving the points of SAG and the MET, lets show them how we are actually human beings and not brainless neanderthals.

Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:46 pm

BigGwynram wrote:If there is a ban as it looks most likely now,there will be a major protest and many supporters from a good few clubs will be attending, the protest will be impromptu rather than organised, that way no organiser can be blamed if it kicks off.

Im all in favour of a protest, we had one at wolves, one at West Brom in recent years that i was at. But im not sure if Gwyn is on a wind up or not :lol: Vince is also on about one :ayatollah:
Vince is on about one to,

Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:25 am

Gathering momentum as we speak. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:49 am

A stand has to be made, its taking the piss, season after season we're hit with various restrictions....its against our rights, and its us who get punished more than any other....if we only get a 1000 tickets for WHU, so shoud everyone else.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:15 am

If it all goes off, then any credibility the march has will go right out the window, irrespective of who's fans were there and who started it. And maybe fans from other clubs attending could, in some way, be counter-productive. Let's face it, the more unsavoury characters from the other clubs don't give a toss about whether our fans are banned or or not and would absolutely revel in the opportunity of causing us problems. In fact, they're laughing at all our bubble trips.

I also have a feeling that, however well intentioned this march is, it is the club that will have the biggest influence over these restrictions and the fans should be channeling the anger and frustration at VT, TG and Gethin Jenkins. As we all know, there have been fans protests over these restrictions before but still there is no let-up over them

Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:15 am

All say you're members of 'News international'.they wont bother you then. :lol:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:26 am

That should be interesting with the Mancs in town for the Charity Shield.. :lol:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:27 am

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:That should be interesting with the Mancs in town for the Charity Shield.. :lol:

They'll be too busy getting drunk to bother with spoiling any march we have

Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:30 am

Some of their 'Lads' were very excited at the prospect of us being in London on the same day as them when the game was initialy moved.

Wouldnt be surprised in the slightest if this has a bearing on us having our right of individual travel taken away from us given the recent history between the two sets of fans and the reputation that proceeds them.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:57 am

So which is it then a likely ban of ALL Cardiff fans? Or as some people are saying the lower tier with reduced amount of tickets available?
It's a massive difference.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:00 am

CF14-SE14 wrote:So which is it then a likely ban of ALL Cardiff fans? Or as some people are saying the lower tier with reduced amount of tickets available?

A bubble with 1,000 fans isn't it? That's what I've been led to believe

Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:00 am

I was planning on going to West Ham as it's probably one of ur last chances before they move to the olympic stadium, but with a 5am start from Cardiff (and a 3am start from whetre i live) then i can't see it happening.

However, for all this talk of a protest (and i wish something could be done as police fprces all over the country have been taking the piss out of us for years) i cannot see what exactly it's likely to achieve. Didn't we protest at Wolves a few seasons back when they banned us, yet we are still in the same situation.

I commend the attitude that 'doing nothing' isn't an option but i'm not convinced that this protest is going to make any difference whatsoever.

The only way in which people will sit up and take notice is if it hits national news broadcasts (telegraph has already run an article of this story) but sadly i think the only way that the national news will be interested is if, as Gwyn says, "it all kicks off", and then once again the finger will be pointed at Cardiff fans, branding them brain dead hooligans.

I'd love to be able to come up with an alternative to the demo but i don't have any better ideas, and i really cannot see how we are going to win this one.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:30 am

stevee1966 wrote:I'd love to be able to come up with an alternative to the demo but i don't have any better ideas, and i really cannot see how we are going to win this one.

I must admit I cannot see what purpose it will gain.

To make a protest work you have to hit them where it hurts and that usually means in the pocket. There are a couple of things I can think of here:

1. Organise gangs of supporters across the area therefore stretching the police lines. This would be a worse nightmare for the police than having us all in one place. Of course the gangs would have to be well behaved else it would be a waste of time. A bit of an intimidation act you might argue but sometimes you need to make your enemy worry.

2. Boycott the next few away games. No need to explain this one as it would hit the local away economy but this has its problems as the police would not care plus really we would need to get all the other clubs to participate. The proposed area would not miss out much on business if it is just us but if all clubs boycotted it then it just might have an effect.

Only 2 I can think of at the moment.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:36 am

Nottage Blue wrote:
CF14-SE14 wrote:So which is it then a likely ban of ALL Cardiff fans? Or as some people are saying the lower tier with reduced amount of tickets available?

I've seen some more info since I posted that, looks like either a full bubble with 1,200ish tickets available or an outright ban of all fans, up to CCFC to decide, at the moment they are declining both.
Looks like I'll miss it either way then, East End pub for me and hopefully many other Cardiff.
f**k the met :twisted:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:40 am

Everyone in the home end - give the police f*cking nightmares.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:44 am

Nottage Blue wrote:

That is the WHU stand and they are not budging.

Our stand is a total ban or 2,000 tickets with a voucher exchange thrown in.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:48 am

PtB wrote:Everyone in the home end - give the police f*cking nightmares.

That is not a bad idea providing it is arranged.

Some think it would cause trouble but there is usually a truce amongst supporters when it is an organised protest. Pockets of Cardiff fans with banners in the home end will be an eye catcher and will get the attention of the media. Providing the banners are aimed at the banning itself then I'm sure there would not be any trouble specially if we return the favour to WHU supporters.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:55 am

Bakedalasker wrote:

Some think it would cause trouble but there is usually a truce amongst supporters when it is an organised protest. Pockets of Cardiff fans with banners in the home end will be an eye catcher and will get the attention of the media. Providing the banners are aimed at the banning itself then I'm sure there would not be any trouble specially if we return the favour to WHU supporters.

This would work in a perfect world. Unfortunately, there would be no end of trouble in the real world

Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:56 am

Bakedalasker wrote:

That's the way to do it mate. I'd certainly go down that road. I've already booked trains and hotels so it makes no odds to me and my group.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:05 am

Bakedalasker wrote:

You have got to be kidding mate, this is West Ham not Doncaster.

There is no chance on earth that Cardiff fans would be welcomed by West Ham Fans in the Home Ends.

A truce? No chance. To many loons on both sides for it. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:16 am

They are treating us like prisoners on a day release to watch the cons against the screws,its pathetic and has got to be against our civil liberties, but living down here it doesn't surprise me , The Met is one o f the biggest organised firms about in itself - they are the ones who seriously need to be policed , because as soon as they put that uniform on the power goes straight to their heads and they take the piss out of the citizens and laws of this country that they are supposed to uphold and over the years there is many incidents of this but no-one does anything but if your a football fan your fucked if you cross the road wrong near enough .Diabolical case of victimisation IMO. If Millwall can let us travel don't see what is so special about WHU to make them any different, just a shit jumped up prem club thinking they've no right to be in this division and think they are automatically going back up and all they need to do is turn up to win every game.I so hope we stuff them as where i live they are all convinced its their 1st 3 points of the season, I just say we'll see but i'll be giving it to them when we do them :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:56 am

I hope that the club just returns our paltry ticket allocation.That means less money for West Ham,a crap atmosphere for the b.b.c. and they will still have to foot the bill for the police presence in and around the ground.
A protest march will be nothing but an empty gesture and will be forgotten before the day is out even
if it is noticed in the first place.
All this has nothing to do with West Ham fans,and when the return fixture comes around we should offer them their full allocation for a non bubble match.Hopefully,this would highlight the shortcomings
of Gold and Sullivan and show the metropolitan police up for the inept tossers that they are.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:38 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Gathering momentum as we speak. :ayatollah:

Gwyn, Hopefully west ham will see sence on this "bubble" but if they don,t then surely cardiff city should immediately announce that we are going to return the compliments come march 3rd, any other action gives west ham the advantage of supporting their team away from home where as we are being deprived of the same opportunity!!!!

Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:49 pm

There is no doubt the restrictions on this trip are totally out of order, but I can't help thinking any protest could be the catalyst for potential trouble.

The protest and suggested support for the protest from other team's supporters appears at face value to be positive, but there is still real potential for a flare up amongst some hardcore bellends looking for any excuse for a rumble.

If there is any trouble amongst supporters, or against police, all credibility goes out the windown and the police will claim draconian measures are therefore still required and we all lose out.

A greater concern for me, is that the police actually go looking for trouble and try to wind supporters up (Cardiff City, or otherwise). I can't help thinking there will be elements of the Met rubbing their hands together thinking we can prove a point and then apportion blame for any potential trouble to genuine fans making a reasonable protest.

I really hope I'm wrong and that all the various supporters groups work together on the day to ensure trouble and potential hot spots are avoided, so that additional support can be gained for the relaxing of future unecessary restrictions.

If this type of discrimination against football fans is deemed necessary perhaps they should apply similar restrictions to anti Capitalist, or Muslim Extremist protesters for example. If it's suitable for fans to be policed like we are, perhaps they should introduce a policy, whereby any protesters wishing to attend a planned protest in London have to apply for official tickets/licences to legally attend the protest and that protesters have to collect their tickets from an outer London service station. If this sounds ridiculous, then clearly this highlights how bloody stupid the West ham measures really are.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:49 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

You have got to be kidding mate, this is West Ham not Doncaster.

There is no chance on earth that Cardiff fans would be welcomed by West Ham Fans in the Home Ends.

A truce? No chance. To many loons on both sides for it. :ayatollah:

I've travellled around and met loads of WHU fans. A bit of organising and I dont think it is impossible.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:45 pm

just boycott the whole day and watch us stuff the cockney jellied ells on yhe box save yourself a few quid spend your money down the local [there will be a better atmosphere in there than upton park] :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:52 pm

ANDYBLUE wrote:just boycott the whole day and watch us stuff the cockney jellied ells on yhe box save yourself a few quid spend your money down the local [there will be a better atmosphere in there than upton park] :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

yeh, that will teach them a lesson, and I'm sure for any future games they will totally give into our demands, all the money they will save on policing and stewarding and the extra home fans who can then buy tickets in the away section, we'll show them. :?