Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Christian Roberts Auto-Life is a game of inches

Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:52 pm

Any else read it?

I'm 3/4 of way through it. Not the best book i've ever read but a good read all the same. CR had some real demons and after reading about his life i'm not suprised he turned to drink.

Hopefully he has completely sorted himself out and is over his addictions.

Never forget the way he didnt celebrate for wurzels after scoring home and away v the city.

Re: Christian Roberts Auto-Life is a game of inches

Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:56 pm

I've just finished reading it a very good read-the part when he went to America with Wales and Hughes caught him behind the bar and Christian copied a scene off the film cocktail by sliding a glass across the bar to him. :lol:

Felt sorry for his family at what they went through good to see he got over it now. :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:50 pm

He's sorted himself out completely now lads and works for Show Racism the Red Card, talking to youngsters about racism in society.

He also talks to people about alcohol addiction and the issues he went through. He's a top bloke fair play.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:54 pm

BBMack wrote:He's sorted himself out completely now lads and works for Show Racism the Red Card, talking to youngsters about racism in society.

He also talks to people about alcohol addiction and the issues he went through. He's a top bloke fair play.

Good to hear. He comes across as a decent bloke.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:40 pm

Just finished it. Last part was a really sad one with the story of his dads death. Fairplay to him though he has had a real up and down life. Hope that he stays on the straight and narrow and that his coaching and anti-racism work continues to be successful. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:50 pm

ha ha glad to see that by and large the reviews for the book are mostly positive because I was the ghost writer on it! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Shameless plug, ive also got Phil Dwyers auto coming out soon!

http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Cardiff-City-A ... 421&sr=8-1

Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:01 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:ha ha glad to see that by and large the reviews for the book are mostly positive because I was the ghost writer on it! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Shameless plug, ive also got Phil Dwyers auto coming out soon!

http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Cardiff-City-A ... 421&sr=8-1

In fairness Jimbo it's a good read and a real insight into Christian's troubles. It is very honest and frank. Well written.

Looking forward to reading Joe's autobiography.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:23 pm

Thanks guys, appreciate it. I'm writing full time these days and Phil Dwyer will be my last city book for a while as I have some other projects on the go!

Ely Boy - I hope you enjoy the book and Christians story inspires you! Alcoholism is a horrendous disease and Christian wasina terrible way but he eventually conquered his demons! Writing this book was in a way a form of therapy for him and he's in great shape now!