Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A Betting Section.... (New Category) ?

Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:20 pm

For this board....what's the chances?

There's a lot of users who like a punt on here, how about getting a section up before the Season starts, for people to put up their Weekend selections, so we can have discussions, and hopefully pick out some winning bets??

Not just football, but to cover everything, horses, dogs, whatever....

We could even run tipping competitions throughout the season....

Thoughts?

Re: A Betting Section....

Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:24 pm

ye great idea i think :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:34 pm

I'll second that :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:39 pm

Good Idea, if there is enough interest you should put it to Annis

Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:40 pm

Tommy Gun wrote:For this board....what's the chances?

There's a lot of users who like a punt on here, how about getting a section up before the Season starts, for people to put up their Weekend selections, so we can have discussions, and hopefully pick out some winning bets??

Not just football, but to cover everything, horses, dogs, whatever....

We could even run tipping competitions throughout the season....

Thoughts?

fantastic idea

Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:45 pm

It will save clogging up the main banter board, it would make sense for the gamblers to have their own section, so we can plot the downfall of the bookies!!

Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:05 pm

Great suggestion fella.

Hope someone can sort this out.. :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:07 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Great suggestion fella.

Hope someone can sort this out.. :ayatollah:

I Wonder who ;)

Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:29 pm

An excellent idea... There's obviously a lot of interest because my horseracing tips post had got over 6000 views.... :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:34 pm

Valleybluebird wrote:An excellent idea... There's obviously a lot of interest because my horseracing tips post had got over 6000 views.... :ayatollah:

That was one of the reasons behind my thinking....it was hard work keeping up with it :)

Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:37 pm

Midfield general wrote:I'd be up for that but the downside will be that I'll be giving you lot both barrels if I get dodgy tips!!!! :lol:

There'll be an ignore button for when you post mate ;)

Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:39 pm

About 2 weeks before the season starts i will be putting up here a tipping competition for this forum.

Free to enter with betting vouchers as a cash prize it will be a seasonal bet over the 4 divisions.

Those who know me will tell you that All the winners who entered the Grand National Sweep Stakes - Which i did ;)

Got paid and had fun for the day,this competition will run for the whole football season :ayatollah:

Will tell you All by the end of July - Rules etc :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:48 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:About 2 weeks before the season starts i will be putting up here a tipping competition for this forum.

Free to enter with betting vouchers as a cash prize it will be a seasonal bet over the 4 divisions.

Those who know me will tell you that All the winners who entered the Grand National Sweep Stakes - Which i did ;)

Got paid and had fun for the day,this competition will run for the whole football season :ayatollah:

Excellent....keeps interest throughout the year....I'll have a word with Annis about having a section for us, do you want to mention it to him too?.....decent bit of interest for one..

Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:54 pm

Tommy Gun wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:About 2 weeks before the season starts i will be putting up here a tipping competition for this forum.

Excellent....keeps interest throughout the year....I'll have a word with Annis about having a section for us, do you want to mention it to him too?.....decent bit of interest for one..

The above i have done already...My best Man who died 3 months ago did this in his works,and i want to take his idea on to this messageboard :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:15 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Tommy Gun wrote:

The above i have done already...My best Man who died 3 months ago did this in his works,and i want to take his idea on to this messageboard :ayatollah:

Nice touch....

Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:16 pm

This sounds quality lads , im in 100 % ! n we all love a good bet lol :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:19 pm

I have asked Owain previously directly and through Annis - about organising the forum to have a few seperate sections, eg. Non-Football related section
Jokes - section
Computer/tech help section

etc etc - I put it out there, and everybody spoke against it, and wanted to leave it as it was! including Owain. They said the forum isn't broke so why try to fix it? and it works well as it is!

Annis did agree with me that we could expand the forum categories, but the members voted against my idea, and Owain said NO! ;)

So I don't think it will happen - but I will try mentioning it again if enough of the members here push for it :?:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:24 pm

Merlin wrote:I have asked Owain previously directly and through Annis - about organising the forum to have a few seperate sections, eg. Non-Football related section
Jokes - section

etc etc - I put it out there, and everybody spoke against it, and wanted to leave it as it was! including Owain. They said the forum isn't broke so why try to fix it? and it works well as it is!

Annis did agree with me that we could expand the forum categories, but the members voted against my idea, and Owain said NO! ;)

So I don't think it will happen - but I will try mentioning it again if enough of the members here push for it :?:

Cheers....I don't understand why people wouldn't want other sections on the board, surely people would use which ever one they wanted at that time?.....there's some oddballs on here, fairplay... :)

Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:29 pm

Tommy Gun wrote:
Merlin wrote:I have asked Owain previously directly and through Annis - about organising the forum to have a few seperate sections, eg. Non-Football related section
Jokes - section

Cheers....I don't understand why people wouldn't want other sections on the board, surely people would use which ever one they wanted at that time?.....there's some oddballs on here, fairplay... :)

LOL! what about an 18+ section for non-sensitive forum members - where you can go to get abused - or be the abuser? at least you know what your getting when you go there!!! :lol:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:35 pm

Merlin wrote:
Tommy Gun wrote:
Jokes - section

LOL! what about an 18+ section for non-sensitive forum members - where you can go to get abused - or be the abuser? at least you know what your getting when you go there!!! :lol:

I'm all for that....Get my name down :lol:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:38 pm

Great idea, follow me and this time next year we will be millionaires ;)

Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:38 pm

Excellent idea :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:45 pm

Merl

Im with you all the way on Forum sections fella and will back you up to the hit.

Its the way forward.

Gamblin Section

Politics Section

Travel Section

Cooking Section

or whatever floats peoples boats.

4-5 seperate areas I reckon, people know where to look for certain topics and its keeps the main board clean for Football Talk.

:ayatollah:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:48 pm

best you click on "the team" at the bottom of the page, and send Owain a polite email airing your idea's! I'm sure he may do something if enough people are for it! :D

Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:51 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Merl

Im with you all the way on Forum sections fella and will back you up to the hit.

Its the way forward.

Gamblin Section

Politics Section

Travel Section

Cooking Section

or whatever floats peoples boats.

4-5 seperate areas I reckon, people know where to look for certain topics and its keeps the main board clean for Football Talk.

:ayatollah:

Bang on the button....post of the day this fucker!!!

Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:05 pm

Great idea!

Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:20 pm

This is a very good idea.

Maybe there should also be a seperate Bellamy section so that we dont have to read 8000 seperate threads about when he is or isnt going to sign

Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:27 pm

Jokes - section

As Merlin has said it's been brought up previously, and whilst I do agree that it would be nice to have several other sections, I can't really see it working that well.
Unless each section had enough people posting in it, posts would end up going unread.

Having a non-football forum is something to discuss, but I don't really think adding several new subforums will work that well. (There are so many possible categories, where would you stop?)

Those are my thoughts anyway.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:32 pm

Owain wrote:
Jokes - section

As Merlin has said it's been brought up previously, and whilst I do agree that it would be nice to have several other sections, I can't really see it working that well.
Unless each section had enough people posting in it, posts would end up going unread.

Having a non-football forum is something to discuss, but I don't really think adding several new subforums will work that well. (There are so many possible categories, where would you stop?)

Those are my thoughts anyway.

Owain - we have to give it a go mate - seriously.....

We need to Change "General Chat" to Football-Only Chat" - and then add another category "Non-Football Chat" - even if we at least go with that for now, and trial it mate. If we need to add sub-categories at a later date we can look at it as and when, but I rekon even a non-football related forum would be the biggest and best idea - as it would seperate all the shit from the football forum!!! It's easy enough for mods to remove threads to trash, so wouldn't make much difference if we had to move stuff to the non football forum.....

Set it up dude. The People have spoken!!

Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:45 pm

Merlin wrote:Owain - we have to give it a go mate - seriously.....

We need to Change "General Chat" to Football-Only Chat" - and then add another category "Non-Football Chat" - even if we at least go with that for now, and trial it mate. If we need to add sub-categories at a later date we can look at it as and when, but I rekon even a non-football related forum would be the biggest and best idea - as it would seperate all the shit from the football forum!!! It's easy enough for mods to remove threads to trash, so wouldn't make much difference if we had to move stuff to the non football forum.....

Set it up dude. The People have spoken!!

Which category would football betting go? :lol: