Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SO WHAT PEOPLES THOUGHTS OF NEW SIGNING

Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:46 pm

joe mason then?

good signing i think don't no how much game time he will have tho.....

Re: SO WHAT PEOPLES THOUGHTS OF NEW SIGNING

Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:56 pm

We are signing potential and that's all we know about Mason at this stage. However Malky has a track record with Watford of improving youngsters. We will just have to wait on this one but the rest of the signings look good. :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:57 pm

We will just have to wait and see on this one I think.

It's what's a lot of people asked for though, lower leave hungry players.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:01 pm

will mm sign another striker now or will there be another two to follow mason.....

be interesting to see :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:03 pm

Played about 30 odd games for Plymouth and got a few Eire under 21 caps so I expect him to be one for the future. Maybe we'll see him make his debut away to Oxford in the League Cup? All good though if you ask me. I think it goes to show Malky Mackay has a good eye for talent both young and established players and a better scouting network than Dave Jones who only ever seemed to buy two types of player, SPL or Prem or above coming to the end of their careers on big wages who inevitably do f**k all once they play for us, Robbie Fowler springs to mind. In Mackay we trust, things can only get better.
:ayatollah: :D :ayatollah: :D

Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:05 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:will mm sign another striker now or will there be another two to follow mason.....

I hope so, I think we need 4 strikers who are capable at playing this level right now. Mason can be the fifth striker with the potential to break through then. Having 4 strikers will enable us to send Mason out on loan to get further experience too. Mason had mostly sub appearances for Plymouth last season, so I seriously doubt he is ready for our first team right now. A rough diamond that Malky will polish perhaps?

Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:05 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:will mm sign another striker now or will there be another two to follow mason.....

I'd be surprised if we don't sign another two strikers.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:07 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

I hope so, I think we need 4 strikers who are capable at playing this level right now. Mason can be the fifth striker with the potential to break through then. Having 4 strikers will enable us to send Mason out on loan to get further experience too. Mason had mostly sub appearances for Plymouth last season, so I seriously doubt he is ready for our first team right now. A rough diamond that Malky will polish perhaps?

jarvis is suppose to be another one that gonna break threw ? unless it gonna be fight between mason and jarvis for 5th striker spot, don't have clue where we will find another two strikers unless we break the bank for carew and bellamy.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:10 pm

i think he should sign two more strikers but i think Mason come on for 10-20 mins at WHU defiantly one to watch for :D hope he doesn't come class and we sell him straight away :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:11 pm

Scruffy wrote:i think he should sign two more strikers but i think Mason come on for 10-20 mins at WHU defiantly one to watch for :D hope he doesn't come class and we sell him straight away :ayatollah:

clause in contract 10 mil :lol:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:16 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

jarvis is suppose to be another one that gonna break threw ? unless it gonna be fight between mason and jarvis for 5th striker spot, don't have clue where we will find another two strikers unless we break the bank for carew and bellamy.

You probably know more about Jarvis than I do, but after failing to break into the team regularly in his loan spell with Southend, I don't think he'll ever have the ability be able to make the step up to challenge to a first team place for us?

Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:19 pm

depends tho if mm can do something with him. and we have signed him on pro contract?

just wait and see all exciting times :ayatollah: :)

Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:43 pm

I'd be surprised if he doesn't play quite a few games this season :ayatollah: