Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who takes the credit for the Malaysians ?

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:20 am

Who takes the credit for getting the Malaysians on board ? Who set up the first contact ?
Was it initially down to our FA Cup Final appearance and Risdale took it further only for it go quiet for whatever reason.
Its been stated that Steve Borley went to Malaysia to rescue the deal in the end . Also did PMG have some strong influence.
Can anybody shed some light on this and was it one persons determination to carry this through ?
I think whoever it was, they will have started a fantastic future for our club.

Re: Who takes the credit for the Malaysians ?

Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:38 am

Could be wrong but I think it was tg son wrote to all clubs for a trial and only us and west ham gave him one,he must have then told tg about the club.someone else prob no a lot more.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:50 pm

No credit to Ridsdale (although he spins it like it was him.) I believe Alan Whiteley was the first point of contact and then Ridsdale nearly frightened them off after lying to them about the first winding-up order. Whiteley and Borley take the credit for rescuing the deal.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:51 pm

The Voice of Reason wrote:No credit to Ridsdale (although he spins it like it was him.) I believe Alan Whiteley was the first point of contact and then Ridsdale nearly frightened them off after lying to them about the first winding-up order. Whiteley and Borley take the credit for rescuing the deal.

This