Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ATKINS DIET

Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:47 am

Started at 20st 2lb, 2 weeks gone, now at 19st 4lb.
Omelette for breakfast, steak and leaf salad for dinner and a chicken for tea, then a handful of strawberries and cream for dessert, and plenty of water. Only another 66lb to go.

Re: ATKINS DIET

Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:54 am

heard mixed reviews about the atkins, but aslong as your healthy and lossing weight, good luck

Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:55 am

Good Luck.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:58 am

Well done mate, throw a bit of training too, and that 66lb will become 6lb in no time... good luck... :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:05 am

Ive been on it for 10 days now --lost nearly a stone--

my downfall is alcohol sop I just eat nothing and have three bottles of Stella instead

pepparami and eggs is my main diet -- And Pork Chops

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:06 am

gonna have to get on it me thinks

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:25 am

Bloody dangerous diet, you may lose weight on it ( you will put it all back on when you stop doing it) all you are doing is sending your cholestrel sky high, and cloging up your arteries with all the fat you are consuming, heart disease and heart attack diet.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:56 pm

Igovernor wrote:Bloody dangerous diet, you may lose weight on it ( you will put it all back on when you stop doing it) all you are doing is sending your cholestrel sky high, and cloging up your arteries with all the fat you are consuming, heart disease and heart attack diet.

I am guessing your not medically qualified? this will not happen to you because you are on the Atkins diet! The diet works by forcing your body into a ketoacedotic state which means instead of your body using sugar as its main source of energy it uses ketones instead which is a byproduct of lipolysis (fat metabolsim). There are risks associated with Atkins - read this http://www.atkins-diet-advisor.com/atkins-diet-health-risks.html - this is a more or less balanced view.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:05 pm

Igovernor wrote:Bloody dangerous diet, you may lose weight on it ( you will put it all back on when you stop doing it) all you are doing is sending your cholestrel sky high, and cloging up your arteries with all the fat you are consuming, heart disease and heart attack diet.

And you get really bad breath :oops:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:12 pm

jhippno wrote:

I am guessing your not medically qualified? this will not happen to you because you are on the Atkins diet! The diet works by forcing your body into a ketoacedotic state which means instead of your body using sugar as its main source of energy it uses ketones instead which is a byproduct of lipolysis (fat metabolsim). There are risks associated with Atkins - read this http://www.atkins-diet-advisor.com/atkins-diet-health-risks.html - this is a more or less balanced view.

You are guessing wrong, whichever way you look at it, you are certainly getting atherosclerosis with a high fat diet and if you think that after saturating you body with fat that it will be all burned off, then you should go on the Atkins diet, and see how well you feel. now and in a few years time :thumbup:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:15 pm

Igovernor wrote:
jhippno wrote:

You are guessing wrong, whichever way you look at it, you are certainly getting atherosclerosis with a high fat diet and if you think that after saturating you body with fat that it will be all burned off, then you should go on the Atkins diet, and see how well you feel. now and in a few years time :thumbup:

The Atkins diet really worked well for Dr Atkins.

Clue; he was a fat b*stard.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:54 pm

I don't know a lot about the Atkins Diet, but I have heard it's pretty dangerous and a number of people have died from trying it... There was a lot of bad press about in the news a couple of years ago.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:56 pm

f**k the atkins diet, go to gym or just start walking long distances and eat chick ham and salad etc . :D

Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:58 pm

i dont see the problem of having a balanced diet....wouldnt it be easier? :roll: :roll:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:00 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:i dont see the problem of having a balanced diet....wouldnt it be easier? :roll: :roll:

i was thinking that pasta ham chicken salad water and cut the down on the calories out soon see the difference my mrs did that she lost 2 and half stone

Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:04 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:i dont see the problem of having a balanced diet....wouldnt it be easier? :roll: :roll:

i was thinking that pasta ham chicken salad water and cut the down on the calories out soon see the difference my mrs did that she lost 2 and half stone

:ayatollah: