Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Why wont the Malaysians

Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:08 pm

Its early days yet, most contracts end on June 30th. When the majority of players available on frees have been signed then the amount of deals involving a transfer fee will start to increase! I think we have done bloody well so far considering we havn't spent a penny on transfer fees yet. Thats a reason to be optimistic seeing as MM has publicly stated that there is money available for transfers, our squad is looking pretty good already! :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:12 pm

Im quite happy with free transfers (technically not free transfers) because once a player is bound to a contract it means they instantly get a valuation in which you could sell them on if you wanted to.

The money that is not wasted on transfer sums can then be reinvested elsewhere or used to pay interest on or wipe out the debt.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:20 pm

Warrior wrote:buy players ?

why only freebies ?

or loans ?

Wont they?

Got a loan player in have we??

Idiot!

You have no evidence whatsoever to say they WONT be BUYING players.

Shit stirring wont work, we all have faith

Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:24 pm

being prudent after realising you cant buy prem football

Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:25 pm

Initially IMO it was wise when having massive creditors. Look at the outrage when we signed Bellers, imagin if we paid good for someone?
I think we will pay fees (like we hav with gunnarsson)

Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:28 pm

Gunnarson involves compensation isnt that basically a transfer fee?

Never mind that fees involve higher wages and larger sign on fees.

Plus we got 2 players MM was working with last season, 1 players he was linked with so the 'frees' may be a nice bonus to the fact that we picked them up not because we were searching the bottom of the barrel but got the players MM wanted.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:29 pm

Daya wrote:being prudent after realising you cant buy prem football

You can buy premeirship football, you just need the right manager and the right chairman!

We've had neither for 4 years :(

Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:31 pm

For once I agree with you.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:36 pm

we have spent 250k on plymouth players any probs around the same if not more on gunnarsson.
plus we will sign goodwillie next week for 2 million
what more do you want!!!!!!!!
:lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:38 pm

arri potta wrote:

You can buy premeirship football, you just need the right manager and the right chairman!

Why? who did we have here four years ago that were going to 'buy' Premiership
Football!

What a load of shite

Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:44 pm

taffyapple wrote:
arri potta wrote:

Football!

What a load of shite

Mr P Didler and his side kick Moans - both had countless amounts of monies available and neither delivered.

Queue - stadia and best manager City have ever had nonsense................... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:45 pm

qpr did

Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:52 pm

arri potta wrote:
taffyapple wrote:being prudent after realising you cant buy prem football

Football!

What a load of shite[/quote]

Mr P Didler and his side kick Moans - both had countless amounts of monies available and neither delivered.

Queue - stadia and best manager City have ever had nonsense................... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:[/quote]

Countless monies available??

Yeh righto :?

Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:55 pm

i honestly dont understand how anyone can even question the malaysians at the moment. if it wasn't for them i wouldn't have a team to watch every saturday, simple as that!!!

Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:57 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

qpr did

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No they never.

Who did they spend big money on?

Sean Derrie??

Taraabt?? Cos they refused to pay £4.5m to Spurs for him, then bought him for an
undisclosed fee?? Do you know something the rest of us dont?

Neil Warnock bought well, and got the team playing football, playing together
and playing for the team

Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:57 pm

why only freebies ?

or loans ?

Perhaps we are saving our budget for "the special one", we'd most probably spent well over a million on signing on fees & the £250,000 for Mason & training fee's could take that to maybe another half a million. Who have we got on loan.....?

Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:59 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

qpr did

No they never.

Sean Derrie??

Taraabt?? Cos they refused to pay £4.5m to Spurs for him, then bought him for an

and playing for the team

im pretty sure he went on a bit of a spending spree since qpr have the money to flex their muscles a bit. Players such as, Tommy Smith, Bradley Orr etc. :?

Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:01 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:i honestly dont understand how anyone can even question the malaysians at the moment. if it wasn't for them i wouldn't have a team to watch every saturday, simple as that!!!

Shit-stirrers, end of.

Probably jacks

Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:05 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:being prudent after realising you cant buy prem football

qpr did

No they never.

Sean Derrie??

and playing for the team

im pretty sure he went on a bit of a spending spree since qpr have the money to flex their muscles a bit. Players such as, Tommy Smith, Bradley Orr etc. :?[/quote]

Not good enough mate.

£1.5m for Smith

Undisclosed fee for Bradley Orr?

QPR did not BUY the league at all last season

Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:13 pm

undisclosed fee doesnt mean anything! they might've payed the full £4.5mil asking price or they may not have. The players they Warnock bought in were terrific.

any stats one who spent the most last season? pretty sure it was qpr

Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:25 pm

Malky Mackay in his press conference said words to the effect that he was delighted with the first week's signings (counting July 1st as week 1) and although they were frees he has targets that are under contract. Give the new manager and current regime time.

Targets won't just drop into our laps.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:31 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:undisclosed fee doesnt mean anything! they might've payed the full £4.5mil asking price or they may not have. The players they Warnock bought in were terrific.

any stats one who spent the most last season? pretty sure it was qpr

You stated that QPR bought the title, that infers that they went out and got all
the best players. They never. Warnock got the best from the players he had. Thats
why they went up

Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

We couldn't have got better players in anyway in my opinion all quality! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:51 pm

People go on about the ego of people like Sam, PR, Jay, Chops, etc etc to me our fans have the biggest egos. We want this, we want that, we want transfer fees etc etc. I just feel like saying get over yourselves

Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:57 pm

why only freebies ?

or loans ?

Jesus, they ain't free mun. We have to pay a signing on fee plus thier wages, it's not as if we are scraping the barrels with these players either.. have faith dude :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:18 pm

why only freebies ?

or loans ?

Do you think they'd be any better if we paid for them? they'd be the same players. They're out of contract That's the way it is. They have offered 2 million for Goodwillie. I say get as many on a free as you can.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:35 am

why only freebies ?

or loans ?

Warrior, assuming this is a serious question I'm going to do my best to answer you. Free transfers are an undeniable part of the game, not a measure enforced by the Malaysians. Why we have seen so many in the past week is because most player's contracts would have expired on the 30th June, so the management team would have to move quickly to secure their targets or risk losing them to rivals.

Regarding the players that have come in, in each instance we trumped other clubs to their signatures, and now that they are all safely secured under contract they are worth a hell of a lot more than the zero it took to get them here(signing on fee's, wages and Aron's compo notwithstanding). A conservative estimate of the combined value of Conway, Cowie, Taylor, Earnie & Gunnarson would be £3million, but we got them (essentially) for free, to me that's good business sense.

Anyway there's no need to worry because we will be buying players in the coming weeks, however I cant shake the feeling that this still wont be enough for a minority of our support :ayatollah: