Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PARKIN + EARNIE PARTNERSHIP

Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:56 pm

i prob the only one willing to give them two a chance to see how they do,

i think they will feed off each other very well.

my opinion tho.

Re: PARKIN + EARNIE PARTNERSHIP

Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:58 pm

i think it could work out bad or good depending on if parkin and earny are both in shape but we definately need to sign more strikers i hope goodwillie will be here soon and also bellamy is still a chance but they definately should give parkin a try :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:01 pm

Luke-Bluebird wrote:i think it could work out bad or good depending on if parkin and earny are both in shape but we definately need to sign more strikers i hope goodwillie will be here soon and also bellamy is still a chance but they definately should give parkin a try :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i want parkin to get a chance but i would not nock it if we end up getting goodwillie and sticking him up there with earnie. just think parkin should get a chance :)

Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:04 pm

= mid table

Is that a better partnership than Chopra/Bellamy and Bothroyd.... Me thinks not!

Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:05 pm

It certainly has potential and im sure we will see it in action at some point. In all honesty i hope that isnt our first choice strike partnership but it could be a cracking back up!

Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:05 pm

Einstein wrote:= mid table

Is that a better partnership than Chopra/Bellamy and Bothroyd.... Me thinks not!

would be happy with mid table with amount of rebuilding with have to do

Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:07 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:It certainly has potential and im sure we will see it in action at some point. In all honesty i hope that isnt our first choice strike partnership but it could be a cracking back up!

what about this Plymouth guy? he back up for earnie ? parkin back up for goodwillie maybe if we get him ?

Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:08 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:

Well if we end up mid table the Malaysians will be waving goodbye to our new mate Malkay!

I'm will not be happy with mid table, if we are happy with that why the hell did we get rid of a manager who got us in the playoffs two years on the trot....
Last edited by Einstein on Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:09 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:i prob the only one willing to give them two a chance to see how they do,

my opinion tho.

I am 50-50 on Parkin at the moment but maybe thats because DJ Signed him and then Never gave him a run in the team. I would def like to give them two a chance upfront :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:10 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:

ive created a thread saying this exact same thing!

Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:11 pm

Chops,bothroyd and bellamy were by far a better bet up front, but personally games are won and lost in midfield and as long and we give the supply to score and the capability to defend a lead then I`d be happy with parkin and earnie

Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:i prob the only one willing to give them two a chance to see how they do,

my opinion tho.

I am 50-50 on Parkin at the moment but maybe thats because DJ Signed him and then Never gave him a run in the team. I would def like to give them two a chance upfront :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

just think if we get that Plymouth guy either a cheaper version of goodwillie or they gonna break the bank for bellamy which would only leave us with one big man parkin.

but mm mite play two little men up front for a change ;)

Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:13 pm

richthebluebird wrote:Chops,bothroyd and bellamy were by far a better bet up front, but personally games are won and lost in midfield and as long and we give the supply to score and the capability to defend a lead then I`d be happy with parkin and earnie

Burke Oli Whitts/McPhail Bellamy

vs

Conway Cowie Gunny Whitts

How much better is the second group...

Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:15 pm

We need two infront of Parkin and earnie

Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:16 pm

2blue2handle wrote:We need two infront of Parkin and earnie

mason gonna go infront of earnie?

Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:18 pm

if the beast gets injured we`d be f***** so we need another target man .Easier said than done me thinks as there`s not much about

Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:19 pm

richthebluebird wrote:if the beast gets injured we`d be f***** so we need another target man .Easier said than done me thinks as there`s not much about

carew :oops: :lol:

Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:23 pm

carew :oops: loads of money

Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:24 pm

richthebluebird wrote:carew :oops: loads of money

goodwillie it is en :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:25 pm

Burke Oli Whitts/McPhail Bellamy

vs

I`ll only say was the !st group ever consistant

Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:27 pm

richthebluebird wrote:Burke Oli Whitts/McPhail Bellamy

vs

I`ll only say was the !st group ever consistant

So if we're saying they're just as good then its about motivation and hence MM not the players.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:29 pm

I don't think they'd be first choice but as we know to get out of this league you need a squad and to have those two on the bench will be fantastic!Over the past few years theres been too many times where jay or chops have been out injured and we didn't really have the options to play at the same quality.If say we get bellamy back next year and he has to miss a game due to his knee i'll be a lot more confident having earnie replace him instead of say keogh last year :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:31 pm

my opinion tho.

Parkin will def feed off Earnie - he's a hungry player :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:04 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:

I wouldn't think so,I think another two after Mason.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:05 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:

I wouldn't think so,I think another two after Mason.

who would u go for then?

Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:12 pm

didnt earnie score a few when he was upfront with our peter thorne, :)