Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " FOR EARNSHAW - READ KOUMAS???? "

Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:52 pm

Not as good as the strikers we had last season.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:00 pm

You watch Ernie show how passionate he will be when he puts that blue shirt on and hopefully score 20 or more goals for us.

ERNIE DO THE :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:05 pm

Lets wait and see I totally disagree I think Earnie has a point to prove and I think he will prove it this season.

I am thrilled he is back he is a nice lad loves Cardiff City and I feel he has been managed badly under Robson Billy Davies under worthington at Norwich he was much better so I hope I am right on this.

As for Koumas? well he was a dispointment however he comes on against Doncaster scores 2 late goals to get us 3 points and then gets dropped not even on the bench so was he poorly managed last season and not giving the chances as we had so many loan players we will never know the full truth but surely a player does that against Doncaster he deserves at least a chance in the next game.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:29 pm

canton blue wrote:You watch Ernie show how passionate he will be when he puts that blue shirt on and hopefully score 20 or more goals for us.

ERNIE DO THE :ayatollah:

We dont want him to be passionate

We want him to be clinical ;)

Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:13 pm

Anyone who expected the Koumas of 5 years ago was mad, and the same with Earnie, he wont be the same player.

However earnie still has plenty to offer and will get goals. Personally I would hope we get in two strikers ahead of him.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:07 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Anyone who expected the Koumas of 5 years ago was mad, and the same with Earnie, he wont be the same player.

However earnie still has plenty to offer and will get goals. Personally I would hope we get in two strikers ahead of him.

My thoughts exactly

What a sub to bring on though...

But will Earnie be happy enough on the bench if thats what happens?

Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:16 pm

I dont see earnie as a sub but he will be conpitition and will have to take his chance.

Re: FOR EARNSHAW - READ KOUMAS????

Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:54 pm

d20 wrote:cant agree to be honest ..earnie knows what its like to play for this club and also yes he played well at norwich cos he was allowed to play...its a known fact that bryan robson didnt like him and neither did billy davies and he had him twice ...so u cant compare him not playing when 2 managers didnt really give him a chance ....under someone who wants him he,ll be a different player

100% Behind you, I remember Alan Mcanelly (Robsons Mate) Slagging Earnie on Sky Sports saying Earnie wouldnt score 16 goals and Geoff Spelling telling him he was nuts, 10 mins later Charlie Nicholas and Co were in fits of giggles When Earnie put Norwich 1-0 up, Mcenally then said Earnie wouldnt score 15 goals/ 15MINS LATER MR Spelling and Co were rocking again as Earnie got His second, and cored 17 that season and was out for fifteen games, Ask any West Brom Fan why They hated Robson, the first thing They will tell you is because He sold EARNIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :old:

Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:59 pm

i reckon earnie can grab us 12-15 goals this season. But i hope he proves me wrong and scores a lot more :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:24 am

Taffy,

you usually post a lot of sense mate, but you are off the mark here fella. Earnie is as sharp as ever, and he will bang the goals in trust me :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:01 pm

taffyapple wrote:Earnie is NOT going to be one of our main strikers this season.
Pretty soon people are going to realise he does not offer enough to
the team, either in build up play or defensively. I love him to bits but
people are doing the same old shit that they did last year over Koumas.

He has not kicked a ball for Cardiff City for SIX years, in that time he
has struggled to keep his place for any team he's played for bar Norwich
and even that season was ravaged by injuries.

He was TOTALLY ineffective in the first leg of the play-off semi against
the Jacks, so he was a big part of the reason they had it all to do at the
Liberty. He comes on, plays GREAT.. and everyone is chopsing how "he
had a great end to the season and hit form just at the right time!"...

Bollocks!!!

I truly hope Mr Earnshaw will prove me to be a know-nothing tw*t and
score bagfuls of goals, of course I do. AND i think he could well be still
capable of one last big season, i have my doubts. Yes he will be very
motivated, but that motivation can soon go out the window when your
substituted and left out of the team.

The reason i'm writing this is because it all smells a bit like the Koumas
saga to me, where far too many saw it as some kind of 'second coming'...
when in fact, JK was hopeless. Sorry, but he was!!

Earnie is a different kettle of fish, and there is far more chance of him
doing well... BUT DONT PUT HIM ON A PEDESTAL

Cos if he doesnt get the goals, a lot of the people on these boards will start slagging him
off...and that would leave a bad taste for me.

GO ON EARNESTO - SCORE 30 SON AND PROVE ME WRONG :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Excellent post. Totally agree.

People need to take the rose tinted specs off.