Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Has anything been done with the pitch

Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:07 am

We read about the attacking football we hope to see next year under our new manager but WILL our pitch allow it ?.From what i remember some under ground heating or something needed to be installed and it would take a while.Has this been done? If not will it affect the football that can be played on the pitch?

Re: Has anything been done with the pitch

Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:35 pm

Should be ok this season as Bothroyd arse wont be dragging on it :D :D :D :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:36 pm

yea my dog took a dump on it :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:07 pm

The pitch looked bad for part of the season because of the unusually cold, dry winter.
It had recovered by the play offs and had no part in our disappointing finish against Reading.
The pitch is OK.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:20 pm

Everbody was saying how bad t was towards the end and saying it was because ot the need for undergrounf heating .So whay would things be different now?It either needs underground heating or it doesnt

Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:22 pm

Ill try writting in english next time

Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:02 pm

Surely the underground heating was installed when the stadium/pitch was built,i remember seeing updated photos of it being laid

Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:15 pm

It has got underground heating, what it needs is daylight to help the grass grow. If you look a majority of the pitch is in the shadows in the winter thats why we need these pitch lights at a cost quoted at 300 thousand, the same ones as used in the millenium stadium.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:40 pm

Pitch has been re-seeded. Was down the stadium 2 weeks ago checking my seats

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:59 am

pitch.jpg
Taken 2 weeks ago when it was reseeded, :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:00 am

2 weeks ago!!!! :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:20 am

Undersoil heating was laid when the stadium was built, what the club didn't buy was the heating generator to attach to the pitch. However the club got it in after the Leicester game was cancelled in the first season.

All it needs now is a lighting rig to continue growth during the winter.

I personally didnt think the pitch was as bad as people made out. It wasn't perfect and others were better but there were a hell of a lot more that were worse.