Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Positive alert. "

Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:55 am

Apologies for stealing your thunder Blazing.

Pleased with the Job that MM is doing reconstructing the side. I felt that we needed a fresh approach and a change of management.
Some of the contributors on the board weren't that keen to have Earnie back and that he is not the player he was. That may be true but I still feel he has a lot to give and will do ok this season. One thing for certain is that wearing the City shirt means something to him, which for some of the players last season was lacking. Don't know a great deal about our other signings but I trust in MM that they will do well.
What can we expect this season, some are cautious and expect us to finish mid table. Others are slightly more optimistic and think we will achieve a play off place. The ultra optimistic go for a top two place. If we can make the top two it would be a massive achievement not only after missing out the last few seasons but with so many changes in personel. My gut feeling is that we will be in and around the play off spots. What about our rivals?
WEST HAM
Another side who have had quite a few comings and goings. they should be there or thereabouts and I am sure both our tussles ;) with them will be hard fought.
MIDDLESBOROUGH
Although they put us in our place at the end of last season, they have the look of a mid table side to me, hopefully not like ourselves.
BLACKPOOL
How will they cope without Charlie Adams? he basically pulled the strings for Blackpool. I think that they have had their season of fame and will also finish mid table.
MILLWALL
I hope they struggle, enough said.
READING
All depends if they can keep ther squad together. talk of Long and Mills seeking employment elsewhere. If they go, play offs at best for me.
BIRMINGHAM
Like ourselves have lost a few players, still think they have the potential of a top two place.
NOTTS FOREST
Fallen short the last few seasons, now that rings a bell. New manager in charge like us. Should be in and around the play off spots.
LEICESTER CITY
Have strengthened their squad this season and they could be the team to beat this season. Not going to be far off the top two spot. If we stay close to them we won't be far off a top two spot.
DIRTY LEEDS
Don't lose many at home, except to us :D but struggle away from home. Play offs at best.
SOUTHAMPTON
They are capable of doing a Norwich, good side and will do well this season, need to keep an eye on them.
BRISTOL CITY
What about our old carrot cruching friends from across the bridge. They have kept under the radar over the last few weeks. Will probably finish mid table, as usual!!

Haven't mentioned Palace and Peterborough, then again doesn't matter really!

Roll on the 2011/12 season and another rollercoaster ride in the Championship. First up the happy hammers, bring em on.
Come on City :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " Positive alert. "

Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:12 am

Brighton could be in or around playoffs......

Ipswich with Chops ??? top half ???

Leicester, West Ham and Birmigham have to be favourites for promotion........

Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:34 am

Not sure where we will be at the end of the season but my gu feeling is mid table The signings so far have not really excited me but it will be as we gel as a team as some of last years signing did excite me and we still did not go up
I still think we are a bit sort of quality and pace to be contenders this year with what we have right now

Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:34 am

Ooooooooo i do luv a good POSITIVE ALERT ! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

POSITIVE ALERT!!!!!

Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:56 pm

Milkybar kid!
How the hell can you speculate that we will be short of quality and pace when you havnt even seen what MM is gonna show us. Sorry but that negative comment is Ol Davy Jones style.
I bet if we draw the first game you will BOO!!!
We really dont need stupid comments like that in my view!!!!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: