Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

In DJ I Trusted

Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:39 am

We.ve written and read many aspects regarding DJ’s failures...Has no plan B...Will never win if we go a goal behind... Will not drop certain players...will not give youngsters a try...Has is favourites...and the list goes on and on, but without any shadow of a doubt in my opinion his biggest failure has been is after SIX YEARS he left us with 15, so called first team players, not enough to fill the bench!
So the eventual happens, he was relieved of his services, I believe a year too late. We then bring in a new manager, I wanted, as first choice MO with my second option being Big SA, not for his pretty football but to “do a Job”; we were never going to get O’Neil, too expensive and as we know SA joined the Hammers. So what was we left with? a mixture of managers who gained promotion with inherited good squads, big name Charlie’s and up and coming new kids on the block...in hindsight I am pleased to say we chose the latter.
Looking at MM early dealings the future looks promising, let’s remember he is not trying to strengthen the team he firstly has to build a squad and so far the players brought in are...in my opinion..Equal to, if not better that the players they are replacing, how many of the players that left would you have kept? Bellers, Mathews, Burke and POSSIBLY one or 2 more, depending on what head they had on, also he had no hesitation in dumping the backroom staff who maybe for no fault of their own did not produce the goods.
Will MM do well? Will he get us to the Promised Land? Only time will tell, one thing for sure is when this season ends we will have 20 plus players still at the club, then bringing in additional players WILL strengthen the team.
In Dave Jones I Trusted...In Dave Jones I Was Let Down...BADLY

Re: In DJ I Trusted

Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:50 am

Roy wrote:We.ve written and read many aspects regarding DJ’s failures...Has no plan B...Will never win if we go a goal behind... Will not drop certain players...will not give youngsters a try...Has is favourites...and the list goes on and on, but without any shadow of a doubt in my opinion his biggest failure has been is after SIX YEARS he left us with 15, so called first team players, not enough to fill the bench!
So the eventual happens, he was relieved of his services, I believe a year too late. We then bring in a new manager, I wanted, as first choice MO with my second option being Big SA, not for his pretty football but to “do a Job”; we were never going to get O’Neil, too expensive and as we know SA joined the Hammers. So what was we left with? a mixture of managers who gained promotion with inherited good squads, big name Charlie’s and up and coming new kids on the block...in hindsight I am pleased to say we chose the latter.
Looking at MM early dealings the future looks promising, let’s remember he is not trying to strengthen the team he firstly has to build a squad and so far the players brought in are...in my opinion..Equal to, if not better that the players they are replacing, how many of the players that left would you have kept? Bellers, Mathews, Burke and POSSIBLY one or 2 more, depending on what head they had on, also he had no hesitation in dumping the backroom staff who maybe for no fault of their own did not produce the goods.
Will MM do well? Will he get us to the Promised Land? Only time will tell, one thing for sure is when this season ends we will have 20 plus players still at the club, then bringing in additional players WILL strengthen the team.

I HONESTLY BELIVE HANDS IN HIS POCKETS SHOULD OF GONE AFTER THE 6 NIL HAMMERING AT PRESTON,3 NIL HAMMERING AT HOME TO IPSWICH etc etc

Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:57 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Roy wrote:We.ve written and read many aspects regarding DJ’s failures...Has no plan B...Will never win if we go a goal behind... Will not drop certain players...will not give youngsters a try...Has is favourites...and the list goes on and on, but without any shadow of a doubt in my opinion his biggest failure has been is after SIX YEARS he left us with 15, so called first team players, not enough to fill the bench!

I HONESTLY BELIVE HANDS IN HIS POCKETS SHOULD OF GONE AFTER THE 6 NIL HAMMERING AT PRESTON,3 NIL HAMMERING
AT HOME TO IPSWICH etc etc

It was cold

Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:59 am

Roy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I HONESTLY BELIVE HANDS IN HIS POCKETS SHOULD OF GONE AFTER THE 6 NIL HAMMERING AT PRESTON,3 NIL HAMMERING
AT HOME TO IPSWICH etc etc

It was cold

:lol:

Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:03 am

AT HOME TO IPSWICH etc etc[/quote]

It was cold[/quote]
:lol:[/quote]

It wasnt cold for 6 f*cking years come on :lol:

Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:26 am

I take it none of you liked Dave Jones then :lol: He didnt do a bad job really imo. Lets just say he had his ups and downs. :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:28 am

Forever Blue wrote:

I HONESTLY BELIVE HANDS IN HIS POCKETS SHOULD OF GONE AFTER THE 6 NIL HAMMERING AT PRESTON,3 NIL HAMMERING AT HOME TO IPSWICH etc etc

Bang on the 6-0 to Preston should have been moans last game in charge

Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:48 am

Good post roy, i also like the way malky mackay is going about his business, one guarantee come the end of the season is that no team will just walk through our midfield as they have for the last 3 years and as far as dj is concerned he should have been shown the door after the "bottle job" against blackpool!!!!

Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:27 am

I have been watching Cardiff play properly over the last 3 seasons. That is I have managed to get to most of the games because circumstances have allowed me. Before then I have relied on other mans for my news about the club. Before I started taking my seat in NP again I was under the impression we played pretty football and finally had established ourselves as a Championship club, a situation we were in 30 years ago and in my mind should have stayed there. Sadly it was not long after my return I saw we were not that pretty playing side I was lead to believe.

Infact we were quite a predictable side and relied on being just too strong for our opponents. When we went on bad runs the obvious factor to me was that we relied on our strengths too much but failed ot work on our weaknesses. Prime example I can give is 2 seasons ago we started to go on a bad run when Nottingham forest scored a last minute equaliser against us at CCS. We then went on to lose to the Jacks at the Liberty and did not wina game that month. After The Forest game DJ said we defended too deep and eventually dracked. Thing was he was right and we continued to do that and teams too advantage.

Why DJ did not address that problem is beyond me? Why did he not sacrifice other departments to build up the weak room like? Perhaps it was the fact he had 15 first team players and the risk of injuries, well does not take too much logic to work out. If that was the case then why did he not change it? I mean after 6 years he should have worked that out because it was season in season out it kept repeating itself.

People use ot argue we should have a bigger squad with average players instead of a small one with quality. Well the later did not work for us so I'm quite happy to allow the other idea a chance of which to me MM is aiming for.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:43 am

As said above It was cold :lol: :ayatollah: :old: