Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

News of the World

Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:19 pm

What are your views on this? the newspaper will publish its last edition ever Sunday....over 2.6 million readers every week....hundreds of jobs will be lost. However this hacker scandal had to be investigated and the ones who did it, authorised it etc should all be jailed...but 100's of innocent people who worked there are facing redundancy.

I think there will be a new paper soon in its place...the Sunday Sun or something but the people who are responsible for this hacking business need to be made accountable and just because the News of the World ceased production should not mean they all walk away from this.

Re: News of the World

Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:24 pm

With Cameron making an arse of himself appointing andy coulsen as advisor and his arrest today, i dont think the murdochs will be able to stop this frenzy!! That rebecca brooks will be sacked as soon as the government have a quiet word with rupert m and remind him that they havent sanctioned his bskyb takeover yet ;)

Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:32 pm

Closing down the NOTW is a nothing act as they already had plans afoot it seems to replace it with a 'Sunday Sun' or similar.

Many of these jobs will be lost but I suspect a lot will be re-deployed within the company.

Not the first time, blue collar workers have lost their jobs because of those above them abused power and it certainly won't be the last.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:34 pm

shit paper, no loss at all, good ridance.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:44 pm

I wonder how many chav idiots will buy Sunday's thinking they are buying a piece of history which will be worth a small fortune in years to come?

Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:48 pm

the "TheSunOnSunday.co.uk" (and .com) domains were registered on 5th july...

Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:49 pm

griffy wrote:the "TheSunOnSunday.co.uk" (and .com) domains were registered on 5th july...

typical Murdoch, what a c**t

Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:15 pm

BluBluBluArmy wrote:Closing down the NOTW is a nothing act as they already had plans afoot it seems to replace it with a 'Sunday Sun' or similar.

Like they said during the 1980's, it should be called 'The Wapping Lair'

Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:23 pm

Hands up those who believe only NOTW hacked / paid for phones to be hacked.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:24 pm

Rightly so, shocking what they've done, and they contribute nothing decent anyway ...

Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:37 pm

didn't someone say once upon a time....if your not part of the solution, then you must be part of the problem.
so they lose their jobs, they should have thought of that when they were printing story's out of nothing more than entrapment.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:55 pm

I feel sorry for those employees who had nothing to do with it but are about to lose their jobs. Hopefully the business will accommodate them with new employment.

As for those who are responsible then they should be made an example of and thrown in jail. I just hope worms like Murdoch dont manage to wriggle their way out of it if they knew it was going on.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:11 pm

the NEW OF THE WORLD is the biggest pile of bollocks thats ever been printed and anyone that buys it must have half a brain cell for a brain! .... thank f**k its gone and i hope to god they dont replace with more arse wipe bullshit! :evil:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:19 pm

Horrible rag.

I think I bought it twice in 40 years. Both times were whilst on foreign holidays to get a bit of news from blighty.

I shouldn't have bothered !

Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:23 pm

Even peter is getting in on the act

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-14060257

doesen't miss a trick does he :lol:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:I feel sorry for those employees who had nothing to do with it but are about to lose their jobs. Hopefully the business will accommodate them with new employment.

As for those who are responsible then they should be made an example of and thrown in jail. I just hope worms like Murdoch dont manage to wriggle their way out of it if they knew it was going on.

I feel sorry for the thousands of people around the country who have lost their jobs due to foolish banking and reckless spending - it was f**k all to do with them either.
This wasn't even a proper newspaper - a wanking sleeze machine we all put our morals down to buy on a sunday to read about sleeze gossip and perhaps the odd tit or model shot.
Be lucky if you had anything at all on welsh or scottish/N Ire sport at all. UK national newspaper be fucked :roll:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:39 pm

I have 24,000 e-mails and they had access for five days, I don't know what they sought, what they found, I just know what they used," Mr Ridsdale said.

He believed they used a password prompt to change the password and access his account.

Yea alright Pete !!!

To be hacked Pete you would have to have someone ring your voice mail and tell out your password! You just love the chance of the publicity Pete!!! Your just lucky the News of Screws didnt get their hands on CCTV when you were rodgering a certain member of staff down the park plazza!!!

Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:17 am

Mike Small a proper Bluebird supporter is a senior editor at the paper. Only been there a couple of years. I hope he comes out alright. He will be down for the Celtic game.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:56 am

NOTW and the Sun are not worth the paper they are printed on...complete rubbish... feck em