Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " MEDICAL TOMORROW MORNING "

Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:38 pm

Get real he hasn't even broken into the Plymouth team yet so he is one for the Future. Not to put straight into our first side. Wellbehavedcock hopefully could sign tomorrow :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Griff wrote:Perhaps Cardiff City have at last learnt the lesson of previous Liverpool regiemes who scourred the lower divisions for John Toshack, Kevin Kegan, Ian Rush and many more. They bought lots of young players, some did exceptionally well and others didn't make it. But as they didn't cost a fortune it was affordable.

So let's do the same, buy four youngsters at a quarter of a million each. If two of them develop into players worth a million plus then the club has done well. Better than buying expensive older players who lose their resale value.

agree but generally at 18 you know when a youngster is a super talent like above or just a decent player.

ie Ramsey and Bale. currently connor wickham 18 , alex oxlade-chamberlain 17 ...

Could he be instead of Goodwillie?? hmmmmmmm?

Can you imagine Jones ever buying a pretty much untested
20 yr old :lol: :lol:

(unless he'd once flown over Wolves!)

Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:02 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
Griff wrote:Perhaps Cardiff City have at last learnt the lesson of previous Liverpool regiemes who scourred the lower divisions for John Toshack, Kevin Kegan, Ian Rush and many more. They bought lots of young players, some did exceptionally well and others didn't make it. But as they didn't cost a fortune it was affordable.

So let's do the same, buy four youngsters at a quarter of a million each. If two of them develop into players worth a million plus then the club has done well. Better than buying expensive older players who lose their resale value.

agree but generally at 18 you know when a youngster is a super talent like above or just a decent player.

ie Ramsey and Bale. currently connor wickham 18 , alex oxlade-chamberlain 17 ...

thats not actually true. At 18 a lot of lads havent finished growing, some may put on a couple
of inches and it has an adverse effect. Some may fill out a bit and they suddenly become a lot
stronger as well as skilful. This Mason is supposed to be 'wiry'.. perhaps he'll put on half a stone
and suddenly go up a gear. Impossible to say. Early days.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:55 pm

He's looks like Andy Campbell worryingly..... seems odd that there a newspaper article suggesting that this was the season he had to break into the first team. The Message board also suggests he ain't keen but doesn't really have the choice.... But looks like a right find who knows fingers crossed he'll become a quality player for us...

Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:24 am

any idea where this medical or medicals are taking place.... i aint got work till 6pm and going to get my city top in morning thought i might pop into the vale on way home back to bridgend!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:29 am

carlccfc wrote:9am tomorrow morning.

Young Striker
Joe Mason of Plymouth.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Also

‎" CENTRAL MIDFIELD "
link

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=52755 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Is there a Ridsdale link to this deal?? :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:48 am

06:16 GMT, Friday, 8 July 2011 07:16 UK
E-mail this to a friendPrintable version Joe Mason has scored seven goals in 35 Plymouth Argyle appearances
Cardiff City have targeted Plymouth Argyle striker Joe Mason and have agreed a £250,000 fee with the club, BBC Sport Wales understands.

If Malkay Mackay can persuade Republic of Ireland Mason, 20, to move, it will be his fifth signing since succeeding Dave Jones as Bluebirds boss.

Robert Earnshaw, Andrew Taylor, Craig Conway and Don Cowie have already joined under Mackay.

Mason has scored seven goals in 35 Pilgrims appearances.

Mackay has set about rebuilding a club that has has seen 12 of last season's players depart.

They include Craig Bellamy, whose possible Cardiff return Mackay is coy about - Jay Bothroyd and Michael Chopra.

Robert Earnshaw's signing from Nottingham Forest has already boosted Bluebirds' fans hopes ahead of the forthcoming season.

Cardiff have also recruited Taylor, Conway and Cowie and have targeted Dundee United striker David Goodwillie and Coventry City's Icelandlic midfielder Aron Gunnerson.

Mackay has also confimed interest in the Goodwillie.

Former Bluebirds chairman Peter Ridsdale has recently taken over as Plymouth owner.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:18 am

thats not actually true. At 18 a lot of lads havent finished growing, some may put on a couple
of inches and it has an adverse effect. Some may fill out a bit and they suddenly become a lot
stronger as well as skilful. This Mason is supposed to be 'wiry'.. perhaps he'll put on half a stone
and suddenly go up a gear. Impossible to say. Early days.[/quote]

only this is taffy, this guy in question is already 20... hasnt broken into the first team yet.. if he was that great a prospect surely he would av had at least first team game time, especially in league 1 & 2..

footballers careers are quite short as we know. i would class a young hot prospect at 15-18/19 yrs of age.. after that i think you would know whether they are going to be good enough... if its going to take him 2 or 3 seasons to break through he wont be far off mid 20's then.

i hope he proves me wrong... but i disagree that if he was that special now at 20 yrs old , someone like utd or arsenal or even liverpool who have a great eye for spotting youngsters would already have snapped him up..

Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:22 pm

just because the big teams in the premiership have amazing players at 17/18 youre knocking this kid because hes 20 and havnt broken in to argyles team? Cumon thats young still look at ian wright he didnt get into football proffesionally untill he was a few years into his 20's i agree he wont be a starter but we lost 2/3 strikers last year and we need to think about the future as well a this season whos to say MM havnt got someone else to bring in for now?

Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:39 pm

7 goals in 35 games...

Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:14 pm

Young Striker
Joe Mason of Plymouth.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Also

‎" CENTRAL MIDFIELD "
link

So if this lad had his medical at 9am what seems to be the hold up?? The fee seems very reasonable. Would like to get Bradshaw as well as Mason. These kids could be our future. :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:17 pm

That is quite costly

Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:25 pm

mikewilso wrote:That is quite costly

you signed up just to say that??? What exactly do you mean by your comment?
Oh by the way, welcome to the board :D :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:28 pm

What was that all about :roll:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:30 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:What was that all about :roll:

was thinking that myself, that's why I commented :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:26 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:

A Sniper from the Sniper mb.

Very sad really, they need to get a life. :roll:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:27 pm

Young Striker
Joe Mason of Plymouth.

Also

‎" CENTRAL MIDFIELD "
link

You were spot on twice there Carlos. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:

A Sniper from the Sniper mb.

Very sad really, they need to get a life. :roll:

Bloody hell, wheres my flak jacket & helmet.......... :o

Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:30 pm

moonboots wrote:

Young Striker
Joe Mason of Plymouth.

Also

‎" CENTRAL MIDFIELD "
link

So if this lad had his medical at 9am what seems to be the hold up?? The fee seems very reasonable. Would like to get Bradshaw as well as Mason. These kids could be our future. :ayatollah:

Moonboots, one day Carl will tell you why there was a hold up, the story is quite sad really.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
moonboots wrote:

Young Striker
Joe Mason of Plymouth.

Also

‎" CENTRAL MIDFIELD "
link

Moonboots, one day Carl will tell you why there was a hold up, the story is quite sad really.

Annis when I was told the reason why there was a hold up I was really shocked and wouldn't have thought in a million years that it would have been the reason and it was pretty sad indeed.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:13 am

mikewilso wrote:That is quite costly

hmmmm. I have seen right through this one :lol:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:16 am

I know something you don't know....Jesus f*cking christ.........sad :roll:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:38 am

CraigCCFC wrote:I know something you don't know....Jesus f*cking christ.........sad :roll:

Get used to it :lol: :lol: