Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" I went to watch the players training today..... "

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:43 pm

and i gotta say it was very impressive. Firstly, i wanna say that i went quite a few times last season so i was able to make comparisons between the two. Last season there was only one voice in control of all the sessions i attended and that was terry burton, sometimes dave jones watched from the balcony, sometimes he watched from the side and sometimes he didnt appear to be there. Though i'm no expert, the training often seemed a bit dated and often comprised of drills i'm used to from playing amateur level football. Training often lacked intensity and i never ever saw us work on set pieces. The players often lacked discipline and as i've commented on here before, after one session, ross, whitts and taiwo were kicking 40 yard conversions of cones over the rugby posts (the day before a game!!!)
Today's session couldn't have been more different, there were at least 3 people controlling the session. Kerslake, someone else and malky. Malky was involved in everything and often had the players huddled around while he gave them instuctions. The players looked as if they were hanging off his every word and the intensity was like a match situation. The drills were far fresher (in my eyes) and everything involved the ball. The players also looked as if they were thoroughly enyoying the session and team spirit looked good.
I'd also like to say that it did definitely look as if Parkin had lost a lot of weight even though he was wearing a jumper. Gerrard looked lean and in very good condition (100 times better than last year) and keinan was also looking very lean.
Ibby farah played a big part in training and i wouldnt be surprised to see him feature quite a bit in the first team this year and he seems to have bulked up a bit
:ayatollah:

Re: I went to watch the players training today.....

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:45 pm

Nice one Gringo! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:45 pm

good stuff :ayatollah:

got a great feeling about the season ahead :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:47 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:and i gotta say it was very impressive. Firstly, i wanna say that i went quite a few times last season so i was able to make comparisons between the two. Last season there was only one voice in control of all the sessions i attended and that was terry burton, sometimes dave jones watched from the balcony, sometimes he watched from the side and sometimes he didnt appear to be there. Though i'm no expert, the training often seemed a bit dated and often comprised of drills i'm used to from playing amateur level football. Training often lacked intensity and i never ever saw us work on set pieces. The players often lacked discipline and as i've commented on here before, after one session, ross, whitts and taiwo were kicking 40 yard conversions of cones over the rugby posts (the day before a game!!!)
Today's session couldn't have been more different, there were at least 3 people controlling the session. Kerslake, someone else and malky. Malky was involved in everything and often had the players huddled around while he gave them instuctions. The players looked as if they were hanging off his every word and the intensity was like a match situation. The drills were far fresher (in my eyes) and everything involved the ball. The players also looked as if they were thoroughly enyoying the session and team spirit looked good.
I'd also like to say that it did definitely look as if Parkin had lost a lot of weight even though he was wearing a jumper. Gerrard looked lean and in very good condition (100 times better than last year) and keinan was also looking very lean.
Ibby farah played a big part in training and i wouldnt be surprised to see him feature quite a bit in the first team this year and he seems to have bulked up a bit

good to see someone noticed about parkin i see him often amount of stick he gets of his weight his shocking. if he lost to much weight he would not be affective. ibby farah will have part to play and jarvis they both bulked up loads since last season :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:50 pm

great update fella

being comfortable on the ball was something DJ's teams weren't and the intensity levels were always mediocre

we will see completely different football this season

fast, passing and moving!

we need a scholes/xavi type player to control the tempo and midfield

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:50 pm

Good stuff :ayatollah:

Great to hear how every resport from every source, fan, media, pundit etc has all been giving MM fantastic reviews since he arrived.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:51 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:and i gotta say it was very impressive. Firstly, i wanna say that i went quite a few times last season so i was able to make comparisons between the two. Last season there was only one voice in control of all the sessions i attended and that was terry burton, sometimes dave jones watched from the balcony, sometimes he watched from the side and sometimes he didnt appear to be there. Though i'm no expert, the training often seemed a bit dated and often comprised of drills i'm used to from playing amateur level football. Training often lacked intensity and i never ever saw us work on set pieces. The players often lacked discipline and as i've commented on here before, after one session, ross, whitts and taiwo were kicking 40 yard conversions of cones over the rugby posts (the day before a game!!!)

Great report mate.

Parkin carrying a bit of 'fat' dont count for shit, as long as he's very fit and sharp.

My lad is as fit as a fiddle, superfit, brilliant runner etc etc. But his mate Dan is
far better at running than him, yet he looks like he's got a belly!!!

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:52 pm

taffyapple wrote:

Great report mate.

Parkin carrying a bit of 'fat' dont count for shit, as long as he's very fit and sharp.

My lad is as fit as a fiddle, superfit, brilliant runner etc etc. But his mate Dan is
far better at running than him, yet he looks like he's got a belly!!!

exaclty parkin can use his weight to help the team etc i hope he gets a chance to be honest under jones felt sorry for him

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:53 pm

Good Post I really enjoyed reading that. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:55 pm

I think we are starting to see why everyone at Watford were upset about MM and the staff leaving. :ayatollah:

f*k em tho, it's happened to us enough times.....

Also, regarding Parkin, the weight thing and beast chants are all just a part of the fans connection with him, in reality - we know he isn't really OVERweight! His build gives that impression, but as long as he's fit and improves his stamina- He could be a very good asset for the money paid. :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:18 pm

Thanks for the update, All sounds very promising :) :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:19 pm

castleblue wrote:

Good Post I really enjoyed reading that. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Me too :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:21 pm

When are they leaving for Espana?

Can anyone watch the lads train?, if so, how do you know where and when.

Cheers

Millar. :ayatollah:

Re: " I went to watch the players training today..... "

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:30 pm

Great Report :ayatollah:

But what makes me laugh was when I use to say how bad Dave Jones was, I use to get slated from All Quarters . :roll:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Great Report :ayatollah:

But what makes me laugh was when I use to say how bad Dave Jones was, I use to get slated from All Quarters . :roll:

now now annis less of that ;) :D :lol:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:41 pm

i stated on here last year that my mate went to watch them train and how pathetic it was, and people on here asked how i could comment on it after just one session, but it must have been like that for fkn years under that muppet

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:41 pm

Watching them training on CCWorld was very refreshing. Lots of pats on the
back, high fives. All the training staff getting involved. Malky seems to want
them ALL to do EVERYTHING together, team spirit looks great and f**k me they
are all going to be much fitter.

But has anyone else seen the bit where Craig Conway sends Hudson the wrong way
completely with an awesome drag back and flick through :lol: :lol: :lol:

I bet Hudson wanted to send him 10ft up in the air after that!!

Looking good folks, looking good!!

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:43 pm

taffyapple wrote:Watching them training on CCWorld was very refreshing. Lots of pats on the
back, high fives. All the training staff getting involved. Malky seems to want
them ALL to do EVERYTHING together, team spirit looks great and f**k me they
are all going to be much fitter.

But has anyone else seen the bit where Craig Conway sends Hudson the wrong way
completely with an awesome drag back and flick through :lol: :lol: :lol:

I bet Hudson wanted to send him 10ft up in the air after that!!

Looking good folks, looking good!!

yea and some of the pics of the boys training conway and cowie skinny hudson ........ lets hope thats not the start of hudsons season :shock: :oops:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:45 pm

evans above wrote:

i stated on here last year that my mate went to watch them train and how pathetic it was, and people on here asked how i could comment on it after just one session, but it must have been like that for fkn years under that muppet

It Bloody was and Your right he was a Muppet but got paid a Kings Ransom.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:46 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:

Rob, But I always use to say, Please put some of our Youth players in, but another mb, use to say I was daft :roll:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:

Rob, But I always use to say, Please put some of our Youth players in, but another mb, use to say I was daft :roll:

i have seen jarvis and the other guy and meades they all will be in first team squad this season they all got bigger since last season and with malky he will give young guns a chance , meades is a monster he trained in gym with first team all last year, no word of lie he his very well build guy i don't no if he midfielder tho? if he his tho he just bit smaller than oli tall wise.... ;)

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:50 pm

RFMH wrote:Good stuff :ayatollah:

Great to hear how every resport from every source, fan, media, pundit etc has all been giving MM fantastic reviews since he arrived.

Futures bright ! :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:50 pm

i have seen jarvis and the other guy and meades they all will be in first team squad this season they all got bigger since last season and with malky he will give young guns a chance , meades is a monster he trained in gym with first team all last year, no word of lie he his very well build guy i don't no if he midfielder tho? if he his tho he just bit smaller than oli tall wise.... ;)[/quote]

GREAT TO HEAR :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

MALKY'S BLUE and WHITE ARMY, I am getting the hang of this after not saying it for 6 years :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:52 pm

CHEERS ONCE AGAIN FOR POSTING THIS UPDATE ON THEIR TRAINING :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:53 pm

i have seen jarvis and the other guy and meades they all will be in first team squad this season they all got bigger since last season and with malky he will give young guns a chance , meades is a monster he trained in gym with first team all last year, no word of lie he his very well build guy i don't no if he midfielder tho? if he his tho he just bit smaller than oli tall wise.... ;)[/quote]

MALKY'S BLUE and WHITE ARMY, I am getting the hang of this after not saying it for 6 years :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

you going to any of friendly games annis ? or u off on your tour of Europe ;)

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:56 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:i have seen jarvis and the other guy and meades they all will be in first team squad this season they all got bigger since last season and with malky he will give young guns a chance , meades is a monster he trained in gym with first team all last year, no word of lie he his very well build guy i don't no if he midfielder tho? if he his tho he just bit smaller than oli tall wise.... ;)

MALKY'S BLUE and WHITE ARMY, I am getting the hang of this after not saying it for 6 years :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

you going to any of friendly games annis ? or u off on your tour of Europe ;)[/quote]

Yeovil away, I am back and for to Majorca so will miss the rest. Family First nowadays :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:i have seen jarvis and the other guy and meades they all will be in first team squad this season they all got bigger since last season and with malky he will give young guns a chance , meades is a monster he trained in gym with first team all last year, no word of lie he his very well build guy i don't no if he midfielder tho? if he his tho he just bit smaller than oli tall wise.... ;)

MALKY'S BLUE and WHITE ARMY, I am getting the hang of this after not saying it for 6 years :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

you going to any of friendly games annis ? or u off on your tour of Europe ;)[/quote]

Yeovil away, I am back and for to Majorca so will miss the rest. Family First nowadays :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

jammy barthplug

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:57 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

you going to any of friendly games annis ? or u off on your tour of Europe ;)

Yeovil away, I am back and for to Majorca so will miss the rest. Family First nowadays :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

jammy barthplug[/quote]
:lol: :lol:

When you finally going to go to the Ninian Pub ?

Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:01 pm

Bowmonster wrote:Thanks for the update, All sounds very promising :) :ayatollah:

Preferred your old avatar.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:02 pm

jammy barthplug[/quote]
:lol: :lol:

When you finally going to go to the Ninian Pub ?[/quote]

when i get chance my dad takes me in usually cuz i up my girlfriends house on weekends but one day i will i would put my pic up but as last time as i told you HOT WATER ALERT