Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

O/T last ever News of the World - this sunday

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:34 pm

In light of the phone hacking scandal The news of the world will close after next Sunday's paper is released!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news

Re: O/T last ever News of the World - this sunday

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:41 pm

The NOTW was deffo part of my Sunday routine, will Sunday's ever be the same again????

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:43 pm

i used to enjoy reading the NOTW. always had a big story exposing a star sex shame, coke shame etc. premier footballer rape cases etc. whether it was made up or not, it doesnt bother me :lol:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:44 pm

Disgusting bastards, should never go to print again and the head shed sent to hell,,, vermin!!!

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:45 pm

what will happen to the £9.50 holiday tokens then :o :o

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:49 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:what will happen to the £9.50 holiday tokens then :o :o

They will send them to you, they already know where you want to go......

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:50 pm

Thank you Merlin :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:52 pm

Baz, im quite bitter on this and cannot make light of it in any way shape or form. You could always ask the familys of the murderd children or the those of our men killed in action where these fecking HOLIDAY TOKENS ARE??

not a good post, by youre good standards mate.... :oops:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:59 pm

supercoops wrote:

Baz, im quite bitter on this and cannot make light of it in any way shape or form. You could always ask the familys of the murderd children or the those of our men killed in action where these fecking HOLIDAY TOKENS ARE??

Calm down Chief. If you was planning a Holiday around those tokens you have a right to wonder where they are. Its awful what happened but some people rely on those Tokens and you cant go round saying oh i have no right to worry about my holiday because of what has happened in this cruel World.
Not YOUR finest post Chief :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:12 pm

Easy decision for them to make. It'll either be rebranded and relaunched, or The Sun will become a 7 day effort. They can try and convince us they've done the decent thing and are making a clean break of it. All a load of PR crap if you ask me!

PS;Just read elsewhere that The Sun was registered as a Sunday newspaper on July 5th this year............. :roll:

Murdoch is clever mate, he's now bringing the Sun out as a Sunday Edition. Shocking really. The Sunday supplement in the NoW was always good for bashing one out to as well :? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:16 pm

PtB wrote:Easy decision for them to make. It'll either be rebranded and relaunched, or The Sun will become a 7 day effort. They can try and convince us they've done the decent thing and are making a clean break of it. All a load of PR crap if you ask me!

I know you blame him for everything but this is to much. Peter Ridsdale does not work for the News Of The World Chief :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:17 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
PtB wrote:Easy decision for them to make. It'll either be rebranded and relaunched, or The Sun will become a 7 day effort. They can try and convince us they've done the decent thing and are making a clean break of it. All a load of PR crap if you ask me!

I know you blame him for everything but this is to much. Peter Ridsdale does not work for the News Of The World Chief :lol: :lol: :lol:

He is the News of the World and he's been hacking Annis' phone.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:25 pm

supercoops wrote:

take a f*cking chill pill, all this was done in the past, you need to calm down and dont take life so f*cking serious!! NOTW did not kill those children or our troops did they????

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:31 pm

A great deal of hypocrisy about this.
NOTW a shocking newspaper partaking in shocking dealings. Who in hell is surprised?
Yet it was the UK's biggest selling newspaper.
The UK public created this monster - they cannot play high and mighty afterwards.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:34 pm

PtB wrote:A great deal of hypocrisy about this.
NOTW a shocking newspaper partaking in shocking dealings. Who in hell is surprised?
Yet it was the UK's biggest selling newspaper.
The UK public created this monster - they cannot play high and mighty afterwards.

exactly and apparently it was not doing financially good so this is a murdoch excuse to shut it down

suunday sport for me from now on :D

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:38 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
supercoops wrote:

Calm down Chief. If you was planning a Holiday around those tokens you have a right to wonder where they are. Its awful what happened but some people rely on those Tokens and you cant go round saying oh i have no right to worry about my holiday because of what has happened in this cruel World.
Not YOUR finest post Chief :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nukes, im speaking moral grounds not monetery, NOTW will be legally obliged to forfill any offer made prior to being "FOUND OUT" and collapsing in shame.
I was in no way having a go at baz, has you can see the respect shown in my post.
FFS what they have done, is degrading, imoral and bloody minded for the sake of scoops which equals cash = GREEEEED. :?

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:40 pm

Just heard that they are planning to re launch as the " Sunday Sun " 7 day a week paper --so not much will change .
Brooks and James Murdoch will still be in charge pedalling their evil tripe

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:42 pm

theres no question what they have done is totally wrong in fact downright degrading, shutting NOTW will achieve nothing he has already registered The Sun on Sunday so it will carry on under i diffrent banner, same journalists etc etc

and mr coops my hoiliday quote was me being light hearted as i normally am :D

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:43 pm

iuyf

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:50 pm

Mafor wrote:Just heard that they are planning to re launch as the " Sunday Sun " 7 day a week paper --so not much will change .
Brooks and James Murdoch will still be in charge pedalling their evil tripe

As above - was registered 48 hours ago.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:50 pm

I'm unavailable to answer my phone at the moment, so please leave a message and the News Of The World will get back to you ASAP. :lol:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:00 pm

Guys, im just so pissed off with this because a curent griefing family i know very well, are caught up in it and i very much feel their pain. Lets f-ck the taliban for 24hrs and go head hunting n01 target..= murdock empire... :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:08 pm

It will just start again under a different name in a few weeks - mark my words. All the lags get a nice little summer holiday.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:14 pm

Hip hip hoooorayy!!! the news of the scum is no more! Hopefully the sun will be next, then the mirror :lol: This is a good day. Of course it will come back under a different name in a matter of weeks, there has to be something to entertain the 2 million hard of thinking who buy it every week. I bet it has a huge circulation in swansea.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:19 pm

So my boycott and petition worked then. I knew my influence would one day pay off.

Cardiff City Fan 1
Rupert Murdoch 0

Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:21 pm

don,t buy papers,rather read the teletext for info,f**k all about jorden on there.lol.i said in the week it should be shut down, :shock: their all corrupt

Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:25 pm

lostcityboy wrote:don,t buy papers,rather read the teletext for info,f**k all about jorden on there.lol.i said in the week it should be shut down, :shock: their all corrupt

The skinternet? :lol: What year is it where you live 1986? teletext :lol: Do they still have bamboozled on there?