Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

GOODWILLIE OR BELLAMY

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:17 pm

say the owners have 2 million to throw at a BIG SIGNING

which one would they go for bellamy because he big name and could sell more shirts.

or goodwillie that could be sold on IF HE MAKES IN TO A TOP PLAYER

Re: GOODWILLIE OR BELLAMY

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:19 pm

Bells every time, Especially for this coming Season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:20 pm

who will TG go with thor annis :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:21 pm

def bellers ....cardiff lad and as good as good willie could be id rahter them get a proven guy who loves us than an untested kid (could be quality) but also has these things hanging over him.bells everytime

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Bells every time, Especially for this coming Season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

but if your business man u see goodwillie as prospect then u would go for him ? they like a gamble.

i am split to be honest would love them both but i think it will be one or the other . mite not be any of them tho :lol:

but football is crazy game so lets see what happens :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:22 pm

SamCCFC1927 wrote:who will TG go with thor annis :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

surely if he is gonna fork out 2 mill if he wants bellers that much then it has to be him

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:22 pm

i feel a good debate coming on :lol:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:25 pm

Goodwillie

In my opinion, if Bellamy really wanted to come back he would have laid all his cards on the table with City by now and would hold them to ransom.

Basically 'Im either staying here and seeing out my contract sat in the stands or you release me from this contract so I can join Cardiff City. Either way, you're not getting a transfer fee for me because at the end of the day, you purchased me and made a contractual agreement on that day. You're either going to commit to that contract or you're going to release me from that contract. Its your decision to make'.

However, he hasn't done so. If he does in the next couple of weeks then fair do's to him and I'll welcome him back with open arms but at the moment I still think the money is swaying him. Therefore I'd rather give a young lad like Goodwillie the chance to prove himself.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:28 pm

NinianBluebird1927 wrote:Goodwillie

In my opinion, if Bellamy really wanted to come back he would have laid all his cards on the table with City by now and would hold them to ransom.

Basically 'Im either staying here and seeing out my contract sat in the stands or you release me from this contract so I can join Cardiff City. Either way, you're not getting a transfer fee for me because at the end of the day, you purchased me and made a contractual agreement on that day. You're either going to commit to that contract or you're going to release me from that contract. Its your decision to make'.

However, he hasn't done so. If he does in the next couple of weeks then fair do's to him and I'll welcome him back with open arms but at the moment I still think the money is swaying him. Therefore I'd rather give a young lad like Goodwillie the chance to prove himself.

if we don't get any of them maybe he leave the money for jan transfer window.......

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:31 pm

prefer bellamy anyday :ayatollah: has there been any news on bellers meeting up with man city to sort out is future? :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:34 pm

Bellamy for me merchandise would get the 2m back most likely lol, also if his court etc is sorted could be clever and go in january for him then !

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:34 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:say the owners have 2 million to throw at a BIG SIGNING

which one would they go for bellamy because he big name and could sell more shirts.

As much as i love Bellamy, it would be mad spending £2m on him, in 6 months
he will be worth less if he gets an injury, in a year he'll be worth less again.

Goodwillie's value will go through the roof after 12 months ;)

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:35 pm

taffyapple wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:say the owners have 2 million to throw at a BIG SIGNING

As much as i love Bellamy, it would be mad spending £2m on him, in 6 months
he will be worth less if he gets an injury, in a year he'll be worth less again.

Goodwillie's value will go through the roof after 12 months ;)

ahh i thought mr taffyapple would arrive how are we sir ?

i am thinking same about goodwillie just this court balls is being a bit of c you next tuesday ;)

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:39 pm

Real tough call. From a business point of view then it would have to be Goodwillie.Still young and could easily double our money if we dont go up and he shines.
But we can look at the other side of the coin, Bellamy loves Cardiff and is proven at the top level.
For me it would be Goodwillie. I dont believe Bellamy is the best finisher for someone who has played at the top for so long and a goalscorer is what we need

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:40 pm

Sign both!

Makes sense!

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:41 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:Sign both!

Makes sense!

just the wages and transfer fee would prob be mm budget but you never no in football why we love it :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:46 pm

straight answer to a straight forward question. Bellamy every time, because he has the capability of getting us promoted and come next May we can sell him for a profit to Leicester lol

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:47 pm

Goodwillie :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:48 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:straight answer to a straight forward question. Bellamy every time, because he has the capability of getting us promoted and come next May we can sell him for a profit to Leicester lol

:lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:14 pm

Bellers without a doubt :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:29 pm

Goodwillie for me younger and a very good talent and will score a lot of goals if given the service.
Yes Bellers had the passion but wont play a full season due to his knees and he isn't prolific and is very expensive with wage demands.We tryed it last year and we failed so lets try something different this time. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
By the way i would still love it if we could get CB back in a bluebirds shirt. :D

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:47 pm

Bellers or course

Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:05 pm

Really tough choice to make and as I much as I love bellers, I would have to go with goodwillie mainly cause of reasons already stated, younger, chance of selling on for a big fee etc etc..... :ayatollah: