Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Give Youth A Chance

Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:34 am

Anyone else like to see more kids get a chance this season? After hearing alot about Ibrahim Farah over the years I would give him a chance. Especially in pre season and Carling Cup.

The same goes for the likes of Jarvis, Wildig and Meades. Let's see what they can offer.

I'd take an academy player over a washed up loan player any day.

I trust Malky to get the mix of youth/hunger and Championship know-how right this season.

:ayatollah:

Re: Give Youth A Chance

Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:37 am

if they are good enough then yes! I think Wildig could do with half a season on loan at a League One/Two club as his time in Scotland was by all accounts a disaster. As for the other boys I really dont think they are championship standard. Its all well and good looking good with the kids but this is another level again. Perhaps some time on loan will bring them up to scratch but i dont see them featurig much this year.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:39 am

Jimbo27 wrote:if they are good enough then yes! I think Wildig could do with half a season on loan at a League One/Two club as his time in Scotland was by all accounts a disaster. As for the other boys I really dont think they are championship standard. Its all well and good looking good with the kids but this is another level again. Perhaps some time on loan will bring them up to scratch but i dont see them featurig much this year.

im disappointed in wildig, he had his chance on loan and didnt do much and complained about it there. he should of been more professional

from what i think the youngsters just arnt good enough at this stage and are under developed as far as match experience is concerned. its a shame but i dont think we will get many gems for atleast 3 years

Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:17 pm

Think Wildig is the only who is realistically going to get any game time this season, like the comments so far think most of the youngester could do with getting out on loan and playing first team football regularly :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:59 pm

The u21 team will give them game time !

Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:28 pm

Yes Without a Doubt, I have Always been one for the Youth, OUR FUTURE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: DJ Ignored it :evil:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Yes Without a Doubt, I have Always been one for the Youth, OUR FUTURE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: DJ Ignored it :evil:

let dj go annis keep looking at mm face to make you forget dj :oops: :oops:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:32 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Yes Without a Doubt, I have Always been one for the Youth, OUR FUTURE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: DJ Ignored it :evil:

let dj go annis keep looking at mm face to make you forget dj :oops: :oops:

:lol:
Make Him Your Avitar then Rob :ayatollah: :ayatollah: