Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " LATEST ON GOODWILLIE "

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:20 pm

I understand everything you've typed, but you headlined your post, "It gets even worse!"

I can't see how it gets even worse, when the facts of this case, must have been known to the club, when they started bidding for him!

If they've heard something more damning about the rape case, then I can see why they may want to move onto another target!

Goodwillie and Douglas getting involved in a confrontation however, may merely have been a verbal one, or they may have been intervening to help out Swanson!

I still can't see why you typed "it gets worse," as the report doesn't say anything bad about Goodwillie at all and it's not another negative report about Goodwillie, as we all knew that he was involved in some form of confrontation and that he was alleged to have committed an assault! :ayatollah:

It was more of my opinion "it gets worse", just seeing the player hitting the headlines for all the wrong reasons, even if he is directly or indirectly involved, an incident has taken place. After what happened with the pre-borough drink scandal, I do believe the club will be strict on the players code of conduct this season, and in my opnion it get worse because hes hit the headlines again. Just my opinion, but big shame at the same time, was hoping we would sign him. :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:26 pm

I honestly believe that ALL charges against Goodwillie will be dropped.

We should press ahead with signing him, though I do see why there are concerns.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:28 pm

azz_ccfc wrote:
I understand everything you've typed, but you headlined your post, "It gets even worse!"

I can't see how it gets even worse, when the facts of this case, must have been known to the club, when they started bidding for him!

If they've heard something more damning about the rape case, then I can see why they may want to move onto another target!

Goodwillie and Douglas getting involved in a confrontation however, may merely have been a verbal one, or they may have been intervening to help out Swanson!

I still can't see why you typed "it gets worse," as the report doesn't say anything bad about Goodwillie at all and it's not another negative report about Goodwillie, as we all knew that he was involved in some form of confrontation and that he was alleged to have committed an assault! :ayatollah:

It was more of my opinion "it gets worse", just seeing the player hitting the headlines for all the wrong reasons, even if he is directly or indirectly involved, an incident has taken place. After what happened with the pre-borough drink scandal, I do believe the club will be strict on the players code of conduct this season, and in my opnion it get worse because hes hit the headlines again. Just my opinion, but big shame at the same time, was hoping we would sign him. :ayatollah:

As I said previously though, it doesn't get worse, as this case, along with the rape case, were already known to us!

This newspaper report, merely confirms an ongoing court case, which we already knew about!

Had Goodwillie been found guilty of assault, then I'd have to agree, that it would have got worse!

I was also hoping that we would go on to sign him and I wouldn't give up hope yet, not unless Annis and Carl know something we don't! :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:35 pm

I honestly hope we do sign him and the charges are dropped, the guy does deserve a freash start!!!! But at the same time, I'm not worried, plenty more players out there. But I can see why the club are holding back till all charges are dropped, it would be stupid to pay Dundee Utd now, just to see him go behind bars.

Nevertheless, time is ticking, we need players, and cant wait any longer for the delays by the Scotish courts who are very slow in processing his case.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:36 pm

Sign him up !!

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:39 pm

Not being negative and im happy as a pig in shit with MM and the 4 signing hes made, BUT our owners seem not to like spending money on players,i hope they prove me wrong in the not to distant future just my opinion, oh and by the way i think we should push the boat out and sign Goodwillie :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:39 pm

Gutted isn't the word ! :cry:

Let's hope nothing comes of this whole legal business, as I don't understand a single bit of it ! :lol:

What exactly has he done ?

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:42 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Gutted isn't the word ! :cry:

Let's hope nothing comes of this whole legal business, as I don't understand a single bit of it ! :lol:

What exactly has he done ?

Nothing that he's been convicted of (yet anyway)!

But he's facing charges of Assault, but more worryingly, Rape! :( :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:45 pm

cant see him signing now :cry:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:46 pm

I have a feeling we are just being shown how a "real" manager acts!!!
We will get Goodwilly I'm sure

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:48 pm

In that article he hasn't done anything wrong. Its probably just the media trying to tar his name again so clubs down here lose interest and Rangers can grab themselves a bargain as the only interested party.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:55 pm

d20 wrote:ah well if it aint happening ,move on to someone else or pay man city 2 mill for a down payment on bellers ....not knocking the kid but if hes in this kind of trouble we dont need more shit at the club,only give us a bad name ....like we need anymore of that eh !!

I don't agree with paying for Bellamy ???

He want's to come anyway, lets leave him force Mancity's hand like last year or they can pay him to train with them and we get him next years for free...........

They can't force him to play for anyone else :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:58 pm

Bluebina wrote:
d20 wrote:ah well if it aint happening ,move on to someone else or pay man city 2 mill for a down payment on bellers ....not knocking the kid but if hes in this kind of trouble we dont need more shit at the club,only give us a bad name ....like we need anymore of that eh !!

I don't agree with paying for Bellamy ???

He want's to come anyway, lets leave him force Mancity's hand like last year or they can pay him to train with them and we get him next years for free...........

They can't force him to play for anyone else :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think Malky really want's him to consider bidding that much, we will get him :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:59 pm

Gutted if we dont get him,but the club r doin the rite thing we'd be a laughin stock if we splashed 2m and then he gets banged up,fingers crossed that it still comes off

Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:15 pm

The word seems to be that none of the charges on Goodwillie will stick. In the case today it seems that he steamed in to help his team mate who'd just been knocked unconcious by a thug. I hope the Club are not using all this as an excuse to back out of the deal. He looks a genuine class act. Everyone is whooping it up about Earnie, and while I'm pleased to see him back, he's not going to score the goals on his own to fire us to the promised land.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:55 pm

PtB wrote:I honestly believe that ALL charges against Goodwillie will be dropped.

We should press ahead with signing him, though I do see why there are concerns.

Nice one, PtB....

You are our man on the spot, so hopefully you will have more idea than some of the people down here....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:03 pm

I really hope we sign Goodwillie, he looks a very good player.

I would say we need at least 2 more strikers. Maybe 3 and hopefully Goodwillie will be 1 of those after the charges against him are hopefully dropped. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:50 am

Overthemoon wrote:
azz_ccfc wrote:It does state "David Goodwillie and Barry Douglas, became involved in a confrontation at the restaurant after a night out in Karbon nightclub."

Even though we havent got the full story, it doesnt help that Goodwillie is appearing on the media again for negative reasons. He may not have done anything, but it doesnt do any justice with other cases still ongoing. I just cant see the Cardiff board tolerating such behaviour outside the club, look how quick they were to ship off Chopra to Ipswich.

But at present, while we dont know the full story with this case, but the ongoing rape charges do not do any justice for Goodwillie.

Agree with this, if anything Goodwillie should be commended for not getting involved. Mind you if he was my mate and just stood there while I was banged out I wouldnt be happy :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:49 am

lets have Ched Evans instead-
hes taller good in the air, cheaper and no baggage

Oh and bellamy as well

Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:11 am

All of what has been said might well be right but im afraid i have big suspicions that the club just DO NOT like paying transfer fees

Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:41 am

john52 wrote:All of what has been said might well be right but im afraid i have big suspicions that the club just DO NOT like paying transfer fees

And so far that is virtually Correct John.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:22 am

What seems similar to last season is that they will not pay the transfer fees but would probably pay higher wages.I personally do not think that way alone will work .You will have to pay transfer fees for certain players and i dont mean £100.000.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:37 am

We have signed 4 players so far that I and most others seem pretty chuffed with.

If we can carry on in this vain why do we need to spend transfer fees?

Don't forget that Malky cam e from Watford who didn't have a pot to piss in. Maybe he got the job here because of his ability to build a team out of very little!

Let's spend where we need to but whilst I'd be delighted if the legal stuff is sorted and we spend 2 mil on Goodwillie, paying 2 million for Bellamy is not on. He is always going to be one game away from being finished with his knees and he demands massive wages on top of that.

We should put all or most of our eggs in one basket!

But I'd love him to come on a free!!!

UP THE CITY!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:44 am

I'd rather City get someone from the Football league, someone who has played at this level with success like Ross McCormack. If the malysians have £2m to spend on one player then MM could get 2-3 players for that amount of money of decent pedigree.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:11 am

We will soon see if the Malaysians will pay the fee when/if the boys legal issues are resolved.

And, If there is (as reported) money to spend on the squad and the terms have been agreed with Goodwillie then it shouldn't be a problem.

I hope we sign the boy because he looks quality. Personally I cant see it happening though.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:42 am

Ive said all along Goodwille has the opposite image to what the Malaysians want to portrait, Im sure if he was innocent of the rape charge of 6months ago the charges would have been dropped by now. Id say drop the interest and move on and find someone else.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:59 am

The only thing I know about the Scottish legal system is that is significantly different to the laws in England and Wales. Feel free to read this link if you have a spare hour or so. You will then be more informed to comment.

Things like the right to silence don't quite work there as your banged up the judge (Sherriff?) till you decide to say something.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scots_law

They have Sherrifs and Procurator Fiscal. And of course, who could forget Taggart.

Clearly, this doesn't affect the moral siuation of this but, hey, who hasn't done something wrong.

Perhaps one of our Scottish contributors could tell us what is likely too happen next.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:20 am

I think the OWNERS (im going to stop using the term "The Malaysians", it sounds a bit
disrespecful as though they have got two-heads or summat :lol: ) will be willing
to pay transfer fees for players. Obviously getting Taylor, Cowie, Conway and Earnie in
on the cheap is a massive plus, and it all helps the Clubs finances. But there are going
to be one or two targets Malky is after that will cost more money, I believe they will be
happy to shell out!!

Goodwillie is a unique case. Malky wants him, the club wants him, the fans want him,
and he wants to come here. But with so much hanging over his head would it be financially
prudent to spend a lot of money on a lad who could possibly end up behind bars? of course
it wouldnt!

I suspect Goodwillie can be the catalyst that turns a good side into a great one, I think he's
got the lot. I hope to hell all his trouble goes away and we get to see him in a blue shirt...

But i have my doubts now :(

Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:44 am

Think ur all misunderstanding this whole thing a little bit.

THIS story u are reading is from the same incident which Goodie has been charged with assault. Because Goodie's charge is seperate to the charge of the two boys from Glasgow, it hasn't been reported on in this article.

After all this happened outside the restaurant, Goodie allegedly went after the 2 guys and and this I where his assault charge comes into it. In other words he came out the restaurant, seen what had happened to his team mates, went looking for the 2 guys, and gave them a doing. So I repeat this article is related to Goodie's charge and isn't another seperate incident altogether!!

As for the rape charge, it is more or less looks on up here that it is now not happening. The court date has already been put back due to lack of evidence and word is that it will never get to court but that he won't oficially be cleared for some time.

Don't feel sorry for Utd fans, the longer we get to see Goodie in a Utd shirt the better!!!!

Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:17 am

I thought this court case was good news as the bloke in court admitted attacking Goodwillie and his mates. At least the court should undertsand that this was the reason behind Goodwillie going after this bloke.

Is it true that he started kicking the bloke in the head though? That's what could tip this case over into a sentence as I know it is looked upon harshly down here.

Didnt a similar thing happen to Charlie Outway when he was here?