Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

McCormack

Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:08 pm

Now I know what people are probably going to say "we shouldn't keep going for past players" etc etc...
I haven't see us linked with him or anything like that just looking for opinions, let's say we don't get goodwillie is McCormack someone who everybody would want back at the club? I would love Ross to come back as I feel he was one of our best players of the last 5-10 years and was treated unfairly by our former manager.

What does everyone else think? :ayatollah:

Re: McCormack

Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:21 pm

we sold him for a shit fee... wouldnt pay a fee to bring him back..

didnt really look fit at leeds this yr...

think he has had his best season at this level...

199 appearances only 55 goals. of which 23 were in 1 season...

2008/2009 season was his best by far... 44 aps 23 goals,

then went down hill... 2009/10 41 appearances only 5 goals

and with leeds 21 apps 2 goals...

not for me......

Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:23 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:we sold him for a shit fee... wouldnt pay a fee to bring him back..

didnt really look fit at leeds this yr...

think he has had his best season at this level...

199 appearances only 55 goals. of which 23 were in 1 season...

2008/2009 season was his best by far... 44 aps 23 goals,

then went down hill... 2009/10 41 appearances only 5 goals

and with leeds 21 apps 2 goals...

Stating Hell..... although I do concur!

not for me......

Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:25 pm

nah not for me ,another one of the drinking culture boys....loved his beer and food .....sad part is i think his career peaked at city ,i dont see him doin anything big now and he,ll end up back in scotland for one of there crap teams.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:45 pm

its such a shame to see these young lads throw real talent away because of drink etc
he's going to have to work twice as hard to recapture to sort of from he had in his first year with us
i would welcome him back if he could get his act together :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:39 pm

eighty_8 wrote:its such a shame to see these young lads throw real talent away because of drink etc
he's going to have to work twice as hard to recapture to sort of from he had in his first year with us
i would welcome him back if he could get his act together :ayatollah:

Totally agree, he's an exceptional talent, there's no doubting that and despite his off field problems I would happily welcome him back :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:57 pm

Id love Ross back and people are forgetting he has been used as a winger too !

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:53 pm

RyanYdwI wrote:Id love Ross back and people are forgetting he has been used as a winger too !

too not very good affect!

with 2 goals and only 1 assist at leeds all season..

once rated at almost 5 mil... we should av sold him then... wasnt good enough at an average leeds side...

we can do much better..

Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:03 pm

I thought he was great when he was here and was sad to see him go but I wouldn't have him back. Let's stop looking back, ffs. Time to move on and besides, Leeds have made no move to get rid of him anyway

Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:09 pm

He aint good enough for Leeds and certainly not good enough for us.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:51 pm

Not you not see him towards the end of the season he was lethal ? he did have injuries last year ! I think MM could make Ross a better player than his 1st time round !

Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:34 pm

another chopra got all the ability to be top player but likes the high life to much, shame really