Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: heaton or marshall?

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:08 pm

RyanYdwI wrote:Marshall for me yet wouldnt moan if was heaton ! :ayatollah:

agreed :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:59 pm

I think Malky should let them fight it out through pre-season, then obviously whoever preforms the best starts at West Ham... personally i'd go with Heaton :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:18 pm

Marshall for me :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:39 pm

its got to be marshall :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:52 pm

i would like a new keeper, but i will go for marshall :roll:

Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:01 pm

Marshall and Heaton are roughly the same standard I would say.

Marshall is the better shot-stopper but I would say Heaton is the better all-round goalkeeper.

Personally I would go with Heaton but Malky will go with Marshall. Still happy with Marshall though as long as he doesn't mess up on those dreaded corners again. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:21 pm

marshall :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:21 pm

Heaton - the defence played better when he was there last season.

However, Marshall is very close and causes me no more worry - they are nearly equal and if we had kept either of them fit we would probably have gone up last season.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:23 pm

shouldve done a poll sam :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:25 pm

i know i wrote this ages ago thor? :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:26 pm

oh yeah july 6th :lol:
:ayatollah:

Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:27 pm

:lol:

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:01 am

jaybothroyd wrote:Marshall and Heaton are roughly the same standard I would say.

Marshall is the better shot-stopper but I would say Heaton is the better all-round goalkeeper.

Personally I would go with Heaton but Malky will go with Marshall. Still happy with Marshall though as long as he doesn't mess up on those dreaded corners again. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

You're the only one who seems to have the same opinion as me.

Heaton was at Manchester United for a pretty long time and you're not a bad keeper when that's the case. I think the main thing with Heaton is that he instils confidence in his defence; they trust him a bit more than Marshall, and he is less hesitant when coming for crosses, loose balls on the ground etc. while his shot-stopping is also pretty good. Some people are complaining he stays on his line too much in one-on-one situations but they should remind themselves he was under orders to do so :roll:

I still can't get the absolute catastrophe of Marshall's attempt to deal with a Blackpool corner (which led to their equaliser which made it 2-2) in the play-off final out of my head. Have other people not forgotten ?! :twisted:

If Marshall improves, and by that I meanvastly improves, his ability to deal with corners/crosses then I wouldn't mind who starts.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:37 am

Marshall for me. Sorry guys I think Heaton is over rated.