Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Does Earnie signing mean we have given up....

Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:17 am

On signing Bellamy?????????? Just asking the question because prior to the news that Bellamy looked and maybe still looks like going to Celtic it was all quiet on the Earnshaw front although it is possible that negotiations were going on unknown to most of us?

Then within 24 hours of all the news saying that Bells was likely to go to Celtic we have signed Earnie so is he instead of Bellamy??

Personally I hope not I think Malky is making decent signings and we are starting to see the makings of a decent team but to get in the Top 6 we need a strong squad which needs leadership. I believe Bellamy will be the missing piece of the jigsaw and it is leadership, work rate and committment that could be the difference between promotion or not?

Come home Craig we need you :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Does Earnie signing mean we have given up....

Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:34 am

To be fair, the club have been far more professional in their dealings regarding players thesedays. Even Carl thought Earnie was going going to Nottingham today and then would sign tonight whereas actually, it had all been done last night. It's the way it should be!

Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:36 am

No we have not ginen up on Bellamy, remember we have a decimated squad :thumbup:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:36 am

There were also rumours going round about Mc Cormack too BUT we defo need more strikers in ...... so far its Earnie and Parkin with Goodwillie as a maybe ? :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:41 am

We dont need bellamy to go up if the jacks can go up with that muppet monk as captain im sure Mcphail can do a good job.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:43 am

Earnie is cheap --no signing on fee (hes gotta be worth a milion

he cant be on more than Chopra was on
still 2 millon available for Goodwillie and hopefully a cut price loan deal for Bellers

Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:50 am

The Bellamy business is a bit more unusaul than your normal transfer.

The normal transfer is a club called A get an other from another club called B, club A accepts the offer and informs the player the can talk to club B. The player then decides if the club is for him and if so signs up. Simply.

Bellamy has never been simply. He has told club A, Man City, he wants club B, Cardiff City. Club A want money for their investment and dont really care which other club comes in for him..................

Damn without going into all the details let us keep it simple. It will come down to what deal Bellamy can do with Man City. Expect it to be quiet for a short time.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:28 pm

Igovernor wrote:No we have not ginen up on Bellamy, remember we have a decimated squad :thumbup:

I have seen a few of your posts and you seem fairly optimistic (ITK ?) that Bellamy will end up with us and I sincerely hope you are proved right Mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: