Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Do not underestimate the influence of our fan base

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:58 am

Signings over recent seasons including the homecomings of Bellers and now Earnie fully highlight the influence our unbeatable fan base has. Yes a certain a proportion of our players returning to us or the City is family driven etc, however these players are aware they'll be playing for a club with some of the best and most passionate fans in the country - that is a huge pull for a footballer, especially at our level.

I firmly believe the club would not of developed as far as it did under Sam Hammam, neither do I believe he would've been involved at all if it weren't for the apparent sheer passion of our fan base and potential size of it.

This club is slowly acquiring the status it deserves and WE are an integrally huge part of that. We are a massive club in the making and the steps we are making towards te Premiership will eventually materialise into a sustainable EPL club with an average attendance of 35k being comfortably met week in week out - I firmly believe that.

The opportunities that are being presented to the manager, board etc to enable this club to grow can all be sourced back to our fan base as it is, and its sheer potential - I sincerely hope the club hold this factor in high regard and is a pivotal consideration in their future plans in respect of match day experience and stewardship. The passion we have has to be harnessed and managed correctly to ensure the club is a reflection of the area and local communities.

Exciting times ahead!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Do not underestimate the influence of our fan base

Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:07 am

Nice post.

Now it's up to us as fans to bring the passion and noise to the CCS.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:09 am

Now it's up to us as fans to bring the passion and noise to the CCS.

As I'm sure we will in force...... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Amazing how MM has totally changed the atmosphere and feel of this club, haven't heard one negative since his appointment :D

Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:11 am

Earnie has acknowledged Cardiff fans in EVERY game he's played against us :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: unlike 1 or 2 others who turn out to be arseholes , Gunter in particular and last season Mc Cormack was very anonymous against us for Leeds back in Jan .

Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:22 am

I agree, all negativity has now been brushed aside with the new regime...its now time we show that feel good factor and raise the riof at CCS :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:36 am

To be honest I think the new manager is onto a win win situation with us at the moment due to the fact who he has replaced. DJ was perhaps the most distance manager we have had when it comes to the fans. A simple wave from Mackey will feel like a storm of fresh air for us.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:47 am

Fans are not allways right

we all wanted Koumas back

We cant ignore the possibility that Earnie could be Koumas esk

Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:52 am

[quote="Mafor"]Fans are not allways right

I get where you're coming from but let's not forget koumas was plagued with injuries before joining us and hadn't player regular football for a long time whereas earnie has been fit and playing (if not always starting) and is still very capable of scoring a lot of goals at this level :D :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:12 pm

Bluebird_steve wrote:
Mafor wrote:Fans are not allways right

I get where you're coming from but let's not forget koumas was plagued with injuries before joining us and hadn't player regular football for a long time whereas earnie has been fit and playing (if not always starting) and is still very capable of scoring a lot of goals at this level :D :ayatollah:

Earnie will scoreat least 15 for us imo...he was never given a fair run in the team at Forest - I think MM will give him that with us :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:18 pm

I think Earnie's second interview today backs this up :ayatollah: