Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

STRIKERS??

Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:10 am

If we fail to bring in Bellers and Goodwillie,

who do you think are realistic targets that we should go for...

whether free or could we tempt players from other clubs... Brighton signing mackail-smith shows that players do appreciate a good stadium etc... and are up for a challenge.. he could av gone to the prem league or Leicester but chose the newcomers..

Is there any already on our radars?

what about Billy Sharp? Doncaster accepted a bid around 3mil with add ons but Sharp turned down Southampton....

or someone else maybe?

Re: STRIKERS??

Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:44 am

I thought this was going to be another post about public sector workers.. :lol:

Kevin Philips, add Earnie, Parkin and a young hungry Ibby Farah and I would say we have had worse.

:ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:47 am

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:I thought this was going to be another post about public sector workers.. :lol:

Kevin Philips, add Earnie, Parkin and a young hungry Ibby Farah and I would say we have had worse.

lol!!!

kevin phillips ?? wouldnt he just be another off the bench player though... Surely we need that bit of quality aswell.. perhaps we should be looking at trying to bring jay back i dont know? but from looking about ,there isnt much better available without spending 2-3 mil..

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:04 am

Your right mate.

If Bellers dont come back we will probably need to bring in someone else with a bit of spark. McCormack?

Im hoping that some of these kids are going to get a crack of the whip now though, Dave Jones would never give the youth a chance, Ibby Farrah could be the new Earnie/Jerome... :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:14 am

Im hoping that some of these kids are going to get a crack of the whip now though, Dave Jones would never give the youth a chance, Ibby Farrah could be the new Earnie/Jerome...

Farrah is a centre mid, Nathaniel Jarvis is the young striker :) :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:19 am

Bluebird_steve wrote:Im hoping that some of these kids are going to get a crack of the whip now though, Dave Jones would never give the youth a chance, Ibby Farrah could be the new Earnie/Jerome...

Thanks mate, got my wires well and truly muddled.. :D :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:23 am

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:
Bluebird_steve wrote:Im hoping that some of these kids are going to get a crack of the whip now though, Dave Jones would never give the youth a chance, Ibby Farrah could be the new Earnie/Jerome...

Thanks mate, got my wires well and truly muddled.. :D :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: No problem and yeah like you said hope a few of the youngsters like Jarvis, Farah and Wildig get a chance this season :D :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:24 am

Maynard / Le Fondre. Both will score a lot of goals. They will cost a fair bit but with all the frees we should have a bit to spend. :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:30 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Maynard / Le Fondre. Both will score a lot of goals. They will cost a fair bit but with all the frees we should have a bit to spend. :ayatollah:

Le Fondre is class and definitely someone we should look at if we somehow fail to get any of goodwillie, bradshaw and bellamy :ayatollah: :)

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:32 am

I think Maynard is a no no mate with Bristol City looking for £4 million.

I would take a punt on ALF though, reckon you could get him for under a million

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:44 am

Ambrose?

Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:02 am

i suppose it all depends on what is happening with the goodwillie saga...

Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:09 am

i think wel bring goodwillie and Gunnarson but not Bellers

Team looking good

Macca Hudson Gerrard Taylor

Conway Cowie Mcphail Whitts

Earnie Parkin (Goodwillie)

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:33 pm

alf and maynard good shouts !

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:44 pm

Mafor wrote:i think wel bring goodwillie and Gunnarson but not Bellers

Team looking good

Macca Hudson Gerrard Taylor

Conway Cowie Mcphail Whitts

Earnie Parkin (Goodwillie)

I'd switch Mcphail with Gunnarson, i'd be happy with that team :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:51 pm

Blackpool might get goodwillie cos they selling Adam :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:00 pm

I think we need at least 2 more striker and these two must be good enough to be first choice

Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:06 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I think we need at least 2 more striker and these two must be good enough to be first choice

agree, we need two proven strikers with a bit of quality...

Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:59 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I think we need at least 2 more striker and these two must be good enough to be first choice

Defo, we need 2 more quality strikers minimum. Love one to be Goodwillie but does anyone actually know when the decision to prosecute him or not will be decided?

Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:10 pm

Fuller from Stoke.

Sure he's a free agent, would be a brilliant signing.

Earnshaw & Fuller up front, Sign Kevin Phillips for the bench. :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:11 pm

fuller is ok.... but we cant rely on earnie to be first choice striker ... phillips would be pointless...