Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Not just NP weve left behind...

Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:42 am

Maybe its because we have alot of new fans but we seem to have lost many chants since we have moved.

Such as:

'Were Cardiff, were barmy were off our f*cking heads"

"C-A-R-D-I-F-F WHAT THE f**k HAVE YOU GOT CARDIFF,CARDIFF"

and others like

"If you like aload of fighting at the football join our club" lol

The intimidation factor is just not there anymore, anyone got anymore chants we don't use any more?? or anything we can do to get some oldies going again!!

At least we can use "Earnies gonna get ya" again :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Not just NP weve left behind...

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:14 am

all that plus the move has killed this club R.I.P CITY i once knew

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:24 am

Ben wrote:all that plus the move has killed this club R.I.P CITY i once knew

I agree with the first poster, I wouldn't say it's quite dead though, more like half the croud at home games are in a comatose state.
Away games are the one at the moment, roll on WHU :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:29 am

Since I started following Cardiff in the late 80's Iv seen the crowds go up and down, and up and down.

In my opinion, the big change happened after the FA Cup Final.

That changed the club forever when we reached the Final and new fans snapped up season tickets to get Final Tickets.

I am glad that we are now a reasonably big club for this level, but new fans bring new guidlines, things that were acceptable to 2-3000 hardcore fans are not acceptable to others. You could say that new fans should fit into the way of the old, but it doesnt work like that.

If I started singing Im Cardiff im barmy im off my fecking head where i sit, half way line ninian stand (supposed equivilent to the bob bank) I would get looks of utter distain.

:ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:34 am

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:
If I started singing Im Cardiff im barmy im off my fecking head where i sit, half way line ninian stand (supposed equivilent to the bob bank) I would get looks of utter distain.

not from me you wouldn't lad

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:37 am

BluBluBluArmy wrote:
MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:

not from me you wouldn't lad

:D

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:04 am

i don't have a clue what's happened to our club since the move. but some of the fans do my head in, they seem to forget where we used to be and how a lot of us still want to act down the city....FOOKIN CRAZY :lol:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:14 am

I posted this on here before but an example.

At the Boro game when we went 3-0 down, a bloke 5 rows in front of me, stood up and shouted the following.

'Fecking Wake Up City'. Halfway Line, Ninian Stand.

Totaly normal to me, but not to those sat by him.

Two women and a bloke accross the ailse had a go at him ' Watch your language' they cried, ' Im at a Football Match' he replied.

'Go over there if you want to chant like that' said they, pointing at the Canton Stand.

I was already in a daze that we were 3-0 down but I was staggered by their attitude. If it happends against I will be politely pointing out to them that the Ninian Stand isnt a Family stand and that if they want to sit in silence, go over there and point to the Family Stand.

Now I know its all about respect, but if your NOT sat in a designated Family area you expect a bit of industrial langauage at a football match dont you? welcome to the new age fan.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:17 am

although i have heard a lot of stories about other fans having a go....i haven't had any trouble but i'll do what i like down the football. don't like it? don't sit there.
i used to be grandstand A and B block for most of my time which was full of nutters and from that i tend to go crazy from time to time :lol: and i'm not changing it for some moany bastards down the city.