Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Aron Gunnarsson............

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:31 pm

I read on the ic wales website that we were favourites to sign him within the next 48 hours earlier today!

I really hope this is true as this is the type of player we need in midfield!! :ayatollah:

Any news on this one ?????????????????

Re: Aron Gunnarsson............

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:34 pm

I think I read on SSN that we're favourites to sign him within the next 48 hours too :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:35 pm

This is the latest article from sky sports. Looks like we're the likely destination for him. Hope so.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11688_7021867,00+en-USS_01DBC.html

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:36 pm

Dafydd wrote:I think I read on SSN that we're favourites to sign him within the next 48 hours too :ayatollah:

I hope so, if he is confirmed tomorrow, i will be well happy, and still only half way through the week!!

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:52 pm

Is he really that good????

I can't remember him down here last season, but seems the Coventry fans are not all that bothered that he's going. Maybe we are the only club to put in a serious "bid".

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:54 pm

Its another good signing to be fair.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:03 pm

Ok ... I'll assume that others know alot more about him than i do.

So what are his qualities, is he a "box to box" player? Skillfull? Good passer? Supports the front line? etc etc

Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:06 pm

Blueblood wrote:Ok ... I'll assume that others know alot more about him than i do.

So what are his qualities, is he a "box to box" player? Skillfull? Good passer? Supports the front line? etc etc

The 1 point which has been missed from other post about Gunnarsson....He has a hell of a long throw in him ;)

Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:11 pm

Delap mark 2 lol !

Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:42 am

He is a tenacious box to box midfielder that can play central, wide and also in the full back position if needed. He loves to stick his foot in and like the poster above mentions, he had an incredible throw!