Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My apologies to Annis and Carl... i was wrong

Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:50 pm

Ok i'll cut a long story short to start.
I made a throw away comment earlier that wasnt meant as snipe, got banned for it and as a result, had a really good chat with Annis.

What i'm apologising for is the general attitude i've taken towards Carl's updates previously, and i mean all this genuinely even though i know i might get the "i told you so" from some people on here but be so be it.

Whenever Carl has got a little thing wrong in his update previously, i've gotten on his back and asked why he's giving us wrong info... I WAS WRONG.

I've questioned whether Carl doing his weekly updates was in fact a good thing... I WAS WRONG.

As Annis pointed out to me, all they ever try to do is keep everyone updated but alot can change in 24 hours in football.
When he said that, at that exact moment, i realised that i was wrong.

I've had other disagreements with Annis in the past, about for example Dave Jones and i stick by those views, that's what a message board is about, different opinions, and i think because of our differing views on Jones that we kind of got off on the wrong foot, and im sure i will read and disagree with some opinions that he and others post in the future, naturally.

Anyway back to the point, i've realised how wrong i was, this is going to be my last post on here simply because it's a lot easier to just read the posts rather than contribute towards them.
But i just wanted to post this because i hope that anyone who still has my previous attitudes towards the updates realises this too... and start to appreciate what Carl and Annis do for the fans like most posters already rightly do on here, before they stop updating us altogether.

I wish i'd realised all this earlier but...
They will get things wrong sometimes because, in football, things can change very quickly, BUT MORE OFTEN THAN NOT, THE INFO THEY GIVE US IS PRETTY ACCURATE and its not like they're obliged to do so or anything, they choose to do it. As i said to you privately Annis, I HOPE YOU REALISE THAT IT'S OBVIOUS THAT A LOT MORE PEOPLE APPRECIATE THE EFFORT YOU GO TO ON HERE, like i will do from now on but havent done before, than people who don't appreciate it. So i REALLY hope you both stick with it for a good while yet.

(Mike/Jake if you're reading this, i'm ready for the stick i'm going to get for admitting i was wrong for once)

Annis and Carl, i genuinely apologise, and i mean that.

Re: My apologies to Annis and Carl... i was wrong

Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:53 pm

Well done for posting that Scott :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:55 pm

Takes a big man to admit a mistake, well done fella , welcome back :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:55 pm

Takes a big man to say sorry,well done :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:56 pm

Scott, Please Don't stop posting, we all get things wrong.

It is Very much appreciated what you have just posted, But I would like you to continue to post :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:00 pm

A lot of people look forward to Carls updates, unfortunately some people spoil it for the majority with sniping remarks.

Carl puts his head on the block every time he does an update. However due to Carl and a few others, Cardiff City fans who read this MB know the latest news way before the echo and sky sports news.

Thanks Carl, BobHatton, taffs well blue, Annis, Top Cat, Steve Davies and others.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:09 pm

Yes, a message board is about different opinions. No one should ever be belittled, insulted, even dissuaded from posting due to the abuse they may receive because of their opinions.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:14 pm

Stay on mate i've sometimes felt the same but in the long run Annis/carl etc take time out of there life family/work to get us info i've been on the coach with them both and as people always good laugh just R*ngers gits! :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:23 pm

Magners wrote:A lot of people look forward to Carls updates, unfortunately some people spoil it for the majority with sniping remarks.

Carl puts his head on the block every time he does an update. However due to Carl and a few others, Cardiff City fans who read this MB know the latest news way before the echo and sky sports news.

Thanks Carl, BobHatton, taffs well blue, Annis, Top Cat, Steve Davies and others.

Cheers Magners :ayatollah: i enjoy our betting chats also :ayatollah:

As for the above named i like to think we are a team,and get the different info out to keep fans up to date :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:48 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Magners wrote:A lot of people look forward to Carls updates, unfortunately some people spoil it for the majority with sniping remarks.

Cheers Magners :ayatollah: i enjoy our betting chats also :ayatollah:

As for the above named i like to think we are a team,and get the different info out to keep fans up to date :ayatollah:

The dream team. Everyone who can, contributes, that is why this is the best football forum about. Other forums I read are so boring compared to AAMB and that includes other Cardiff City Forums.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:55 pm

Welcome back :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:01 pm

Fair play to you, you clearly have a set of love spuds an everyone here should respect your post.

I know im a new poster but I honestly hope more people take your new found attitude towards the people who try to keep us as updated as possible.

From my point of view this site is a f*cking goldmine, I dont care if occasionaly Carl, Annis, Bob or anyone else gets it wrong, if anyone honestly thinks these guys who bleed blue want to take the piss your out of your minds.

Sorry for the rant, but Ive wanted to post that since way before I signed up, the constant criticism of people who try their best to shed some news pisses me off. If you dont like it just keep checking the other forum or sky sports or bbc the news that is proved correct will be up there two or three days later.

Once again fella fair play to you admitting your wrongs but I couldnt help myself

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:28 am

scott don't stop posting on here,you do sometimes write good articles on here.just enjoy the updates,like i said to you before they are not always right but a good read anyway. get jake to sort out a poker night,could do with some easy money with the new season coming up. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:35 am

I haven't really been on here very long, i'm not too familiar with the 'politics' (for lack of a better word) of this MB, but it seems to me that Carl/Annis are very appreciated on this forum. From what I have seen, this is completely justified.

I haven't been on this MB very long, but before I found it I had to feed off the scraps of news from BBC and Sky, who I have discovered are the VERY LAST to know ANYTHING to do with Cardiff City. It is for this reason that I very much enjoy and appreciate Carl's posts. They are very accurate a lot of the time. Even if they weren't, I would definitely appreciate the effort that Carl puts in to finding this news out. I first realised this when he posted whilst on his family holiday. The fact that he took time out of his holiday to supply us with information I think is fantastic.

I don't know anybody on this forum, I just read the football stuff mostly and don't get involved in any arguments, but I am very glad that you have apoligised to these guys. It takes a big man to do this, especially in public. You deserve credit for this.

Carl and Annis, keep up the good work! I really don't want to have to go back to getting a story once a week at most from the BBC!

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:57 am

in the words of the Clash i faught the law and the law won. Jokes m8 well done for admiting your mistakes you are bigger man than those on MMMB