Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

how the hell can anybody doubt what earnie has to offer?

Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:34 pm

I can't see one negative with this signing. How many player in the league or any league with a record like his. And we r not talking about a 35 year old. We will get quite a few years out of him. Well done mm . Bluebirds

Re: how the hell can anybody doubt what earnie has to offer?

Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:35 pm

brithdirblue wrote:I can't see one negative with this signing. How many player in the league or any league with a record like his. And we r not talking about a 35 year old. We will get quite a few years out of him. Well done mm . Bluebirds

TOTALLY AGREE, HE HAS EVERYTHING CARDIFF CITY NEEDS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:37 pm

No one should doubt this players ability passion and comittment to football a true proffesional.
In my opinion Bothroyd not fit to lace Earnies boots :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:40 pm

brithdirblue wrote:I can't see one negative with this signing. How many player in the league or any league with a record like his. And we r not talking about a 35 year old. We will get quite a few years out of him. Well done mm . Bluebirds

Proved that hes still got it against Scotland about a month ago, Quality goal! :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:42 pm

sorry , but i do, i love earnie to bits, a true legend, but come on, hes not that 19yr old guy now. forest used him as a sub, not a first choice, your trying to live on a dream, but, if he does sign for us, i will be 110% behind earnie :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:45 pm

he will be another bellamy gives 100% every games sooo get in there city only 1 more welsh man we now CB39 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:48 pm

ninianblue wrote:sorry , but i do, i love earnie to bits, a true legend, but come on, hes not that 19yr old guy now. forest used him as a sub, not a first choice, your trying to live on a dream, but, if he does sign for us, i will be 110% behind earnie :ayatollah:

Even if he doesn't score 20 odd goals, his experience and his passion for us is very important with all the youngsters and new blood we are signing, who will hopefully feed off his passion. With such a change of personnel we need to keep our identity and i think he will play a huge part in that.

Great news :ayatollah:

If we can somehow get Bellers now, then I could not be happier :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:56 pm

Anyone negative about this signing probably only started supporting us after the FA Cup final anyway.

Earnie is a goal machine. He has a proven track record and loves this club. I don't see how people can not see that this is a great signing of a proven goal scorer. We offload Chopra and get Earnie as a replacement on a free transfer someone at the club finally "gets" it!!!

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:09 pm

Agree ,EARNIE will score goals and will play for the badge. A great signing. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:12 pm

He's proven pedigree at this level. Dont doubt the guy.

It's a crowd pleaser signing but also the type of player City need.

He'll score more than Bothroyd and Chopra.

I played against him when we were about 16. He was mind blowing.

What a signing!

:ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:14 pm

If Earnie starts games then he will score goals. You only need to look at the difference he made in the playoffs this year against the gypos in the second leg, smashed his first touch in from 20 yards, then hit the post. Almost turned the tie around single handedly, he just needs the chance to start games. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:19 pm

ninianblue wrote:sorry , but i do, i love earnie to bits, a true legend, but come on, hes not that 19yr old guy now. forest used him as a sub, not a first choice, your trying to live on a dream, but, if he does sign for us, i will be 110% behind earnie :ayatollah:

No he's not that young raw striker anymore, he's much better than that and during his time away he's gained valuable experience playing for some good teams. I couldn't understand how he wasn't first choice for Forest last season, perhaps if Billy Davies had picked him more often instead of Nathan Tyson and the awful Marcus Tudgay then he'd of kept his job as he showed in the two play-off semi finals against the Jacks he's still got what it takes to score goals at this level. I'm not expecting him to break more scoring records by getting 30+ goals again, but I do think he's still got what it takes to get between 15-20 playing alongside a good target man strike partner (Parkin).
:D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:20 pm

supercraig039 wrote:If Earnie starts games then he will score goals. You only need to look at the difference he made in the playoffs this year against the gypos in the second leg, smashed his first touch in from 20 yards, then hit the post. Almost turned the tie around single handedly, he just needs the chance to start games. :ayatollah:

agree, billy davies was abit like dave jones with his tactics... and sticking to his favorites, my work colleague who i have great banter with is a season ticket holder at forest and they are fuming that earnie was not kept and that it was the fans calling for a sub that got him brought on..

if he starts he will score goals.. but i also agree that we still need two more strikers..

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:23 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
supercraig039 wrote:If Earnie starts games then he will score goals. You only need to look at the difference he made in the playoffs this year against the gypos in the second leg, smashed his first touch in from 20 yards, then hit the post. Almost turned the tie around single handedly, he just needs the chance to start games. :ayatollah:

agree, billy davies was abit like dave jones with his tactics... and sticking to his favorites, my work colleague who i have great banter with is a season ticket holder at forest and they are fuming that earnie was not kept and that it was the fans calling for a sub that got him brought on..

if he starts he will score goals.. but i also agree that we still need two more strikers..

Yeah I can see why they would be annoyed he's been let go. I agree too that at least another 2 strikers need to brought in, and maybe use young Nathaniel Jarvis as our 5th in case of injuries and suspensions etc. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:23 pm

you cannot doubt earnie!! the guy will be even more passionate now playing for cardiff!! he looked class towards the end of the season against swansea & the 2 games for wales!! he will easily get double figures for goals this coming season!! :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:24 pm

Just hope everyone has realistic expectations of what we will get from Earnie. He's a lot older now and not going to be the Earnie that we knew and loved before he left us. Just hope fans don't start getting on his back if he has a poor game and doesn't score the shedfull of goals that many will be expecting him to do. You all know what some of our fans are like. Some idiots even shouted abuse at Bellamy last season. Welcome home Earnie. You know it makes sense. Just ignore the knockers when they do start because unless Earnie is scoring virtually every game you bet your bottom dollar they will start.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:24 pm

He'll proove his doubters wrong !

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:28 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:Just hope everyone has realistic expectations of what we will get from Earnie. He's a lot older now and not going to be the Earnie that we knew and loved before he left us. Just hope fans don't start getting on his back if he has a poor game and doesn't score the shedfull of goals that many will be expecting him to do. You all know what some of our fans are like. Some idiots even shouted abuse at Bellamy last season. Welcome home Earnie. You know it makes sense. Just ignore the knockers when they do start because unless Earnie is scoring virtually every game you bet your bottom dollar they will start.

basically what i said, im waiting for the other big forward signing?

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:20 am

Right. Well, i been watching City since slightly before the FA Cup Final.

I'm more than a little perturbed by the amount of people saying how
amazingly Earnie 'finished' the season so well with Forest. He was a
bit part player at best.

Facts are, if it wasnt Earnie half the 'stato' addicts on here would be
playing f**k about signing him, cos he's done next to nothing for two
years. He rarely starts, cos he dont contribute enough, and when he
starts hes usually substituted, there's a message there!!!

NOW.... I hope Earnesto hits a rich vein of form and scores loads,
cos not only will it benefit City, but cos he's a lovely lad and City
through and through.

But his recent form (DONT tell me "wow he was ace against the jacks)
suggests he will come here and not do a great deal

PROVE ME WRONG EARNIE, I BEG OF YOU!!

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:38 am

Across his career Earnie is scoring 1goal every 2ish games. Last season he had an off year only scoring 1 every 4. But he was in a Forest squad with 68 strikers! He proved at the end of the season that his eye for a goal is still very much there. Maybe things had gone stale at Forest hence the poor season by his exceptional standards.

I think this is a cracking signing. More exciting than Bellamy last season for me. I truly believe it will turn out to be the signing of the summer in the Championship.