Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" IS IT TIME FOR MALKY TO SIGN...... ? "

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:33 pm

At least one big name player or a popular player from the premiership that deserves a break, I feel that he is doing a fantastic job so far by the looks of it, A complete breath of fresh air compared to last manager! But do Cardiff just need that ONE big name, I know we have had many big names in the past - most of them were recovering from either stiffness of football, attitude problems or brought back from the dead almost (Fowler! :lol: )

Anyway, I think we are all just looking for that one player to come along (Like Bellamy last year) which got the fans talking, singing, happy and excited - etc etc......

Not all Big names work out on the pitch, and yes we have to get the right name in - But with what Malky's done so far, who's doubting him? also would be good for the club on a financial & commercial basis too. Look at the merchandise we sold when Bellamy signed last year! :ayatollah:

If you could bring in a proper footballer and easily persuadable house hold name - who would it be?

Re: IS IT TIME FOR MALKY TO SIGN......

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:35 pm

I've been thinking the same to be honest. I'm sure someone like Goodwillie will get people happy though. Agree about how Malky is doing too

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:35 pm

Either of these two BIG names?

1/ Jorn Schwinkendorf

or

2/ Leo Fortune - West
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:37 pm

i haven't a clue to be quite honest everyone would say bellers but if we could not get him i haven't a clue on another big name to be honest

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:38 pm

and this deserves a sticky .... ??

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:39 pm

Merlin wrote:At least one big name player or a popular player from the premiership that deserves a break, I feel that he is doing a fantastic job so far by the looks of it, A complete breath of fresh air compared to last manager! But do Cardiff just need that ONE big name, I know we have had many big names in the past - most of them were recovering from either stiffness of football, attitude problems or brought back from the dead almost (Fowler! :lol: )

Anyway, I think we are all just looking for that one player to come along (Like Bellamy last year) which got the fans talking, singing, happy and excited - etc etc......

Not all Big names work out on the pitch, and yes we have to get the right name in - But with what Malky's done so far, who's doubting him? also would be good for the club on a financial & commercial basis too. Look at the merchandise we sold when Bellamy signed last year! :ayatollah:

If you could bring in a proper footballer and easily persuadable house hold name - who would it be?

I agree, someone like Agbonlahor or even Robbie Keane, someone to lift the fans, just think we gave missed the boat on Bellamy, I'm hoping something us being done behind closed doors to be honest :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:44 pm

Personally I'd prefer what's happening now, we are going under radar so to speak :? ...last season we had an abundance of talent and everyone saying "you'll be promoted this year" and makes me wonder whether the expectation and hype along with certain players buying into that hype actually hindered our chances. I would rather be the underdog :D ...See where you're coming from Merlin, but I would be just as happy going about our business this year and getting results and let other teams get excited about what great players they have bought and which will get them promoted.... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: ...sorry for the rant :lol:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:47 pm

depsite his previous injuries could we get him on maybe a pay as u play deal???

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14035688.stm

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:52 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:depsite his previous injuries could we get him on maybe a pay as u play deal???

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14035688.stm

That's the hammer... Imagine him as the holding player.. 2 quick wingers, goodwillie and a targetman.. OMG!! :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:57 pm

dont need big names just a team that will gell :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:03 pm

think hargreaves could be a quality signing and would be a great holding player...

would have to pass a tough medical and maybe a short term contract or as i said earlier a pay as you play offer with the possibility of a contract extension depending on appearances...

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:05 pm

Hargreaves is still good enough for any top division club in Europe when he's fit

Might be a bit optimistic...

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:11 pm

someone has to give him the chance...

yes he may be worthy of a prem place... but if we dont offer him the chance we would never know?

plus there hasnt been any interest shown yet..

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:13 pm

Ben wrote:and this deserves a sticky .... ??

Something different to talk about Ben, rather than 3 subjects all the same in the last 5 days :ayatollah:

Of course, If you have a good quality thread you think is worth debating or talking about - I'd be happy to sticky it for you? ;)

Although, Yes I will UN-STICKY this one, not because you objected to it mind, Just let it go into standard topic, and if people want to reply - carry on. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:16 pm

This is a good thread, as it's about debate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: .....

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:18 pm

did Dimonsay Kamara go anywhere? or is he still available?

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:19 pm

Marc wrote:This is a good thread, as it's about debate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: .....

agree

:ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:21 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:Either of these two BIG names?

1/ Jorn Schwinkendorf

or

2/ Leo Fortune - West
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

id take leo and thats no joke. he would cause major problems in any defense due to his height.
as for Schwinkendorf.................... :|

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:21 pm

bakircioglu wrote:Hargreaves is still good enough for any top division club in Europe when he's fit

Might be a bit optimistic...

thats a dave jones signing that is, injury prone, big money, lets get away from all that :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:22 pm

Merlin wrote:did Dimonsay Kamara go anywhere? or is he still available?

Senegal player :?: ..not quite sure, have a gander now. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:47 pm

Yeah, he is Free....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diomansy_Kamara

Could be a GOOD signing too, great target man who has pace, ability and good footballing head on him... :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:51 pm

Interesting........come on, spill the beans...what do you know... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: This forum is like cluedo on times :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:53 pm

Marc wrote:Interesting........come on, spill the beans...what do you know... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: This forum is like cluedo on times :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know nuttin' - Im not an ITK kind of person unfortunately - I like to leave it to others to make themselves look like prize fools! :lol:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:59 pm

Merlin wrote:
Marc wrote:Interesting........come on, spill the beans...what do you know... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: This forum is like cluedo on times :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know nuttin' - Im not an ITK kind of person unfortunately - I like to leave it to others to make themselves look like prize fools! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: .....If Bellamy doesn't go to Celtic, then you can class me as a prize fool. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :lol: :lol: ...... :shock: :shock:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:01 pm

I think your right Merlin. I'd love to see a big signing made about now. I just hope the club are working their nuts off to bring Bellamy in.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:28 pm

This is who i would love us to sign. Top class signing if we could get him

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 65,00.html

Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:30 pm

No. Not interested in big names, I'd rather youngsters with the guts, passion and determination to take us to the next level.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:37 pm

GarethBrad wrote:No. Not interested in big names, I'd rather youngsters with the guts, passion and determination to take us to the next level.

You have to have a certain degree of experience! It is imperative for someone to come in and drag the lads through the season, a motivational character like Bellamy is special, someone like him who's been about a bit but still has the hunger, pace and determination to succeed. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:41 pm

Merlin wrote:
GarethBrad wrote:No. Not interested in big names, I'd rather youngsters with the guts, passion and determination to take us to the next level.

You have to have a certain degree of experience! It is imperative for someone to come in and drag the lads through the season, a motivational character like Bellamy is special, someone like him who's been about a bit but still has the hunger, pace and determination to succeed. :ayatollah:

Fair point, but we do have some experience already in our squad, albeit it not at the level CB played.

Re: " IS IT TIME FOR MALKY TO SIGN...... ? "

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:01 pm

we def need the experienced player also.. its all very well having super committed youngsters with bags of energy but their confidence can get shattered quite quickly when things dont go to plan and they will and so you need that one person there for them to get the guidance and heads up from...